Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

comparison light cut off pics of a 60w xenon gas bulb versus 60w halogen bulb by our own drlove'skudang

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

my way to pollish 1pc jdms (plastic)

wetsand w/ 2000 grit wet/dry paper <-- use water!
      than i used turtle wax pollishing compund #t241 applied w/ a 6" random buffer, super cheapie from walmat
      finaly i use 3M #36006 fine cut cleaner wax also applied w/ the 6" buffer.

i got my lights they were actualy starting to "scale" after i did that they were smoother glass. very happy w/ my more difficult way. but well worth the time.

parts list w/ price:

3m wet/dry paper .50 per sheet
      3m #39006 6.00
      turtle wax pillishing compound #t241 1.99
      small 6" buffer 10.00

so $20 and some time it's priceless.
      Last edited by souldoubt; 01-15-2005, 01:26 PM.

Comment

AWSOME WRITE UP... im not sure if anyone touched this yet but... The "nipple" thing... its not used to hold it during making... I am a cert. body tech and those are used with a tool.. the numbers on the headlight(not sure if you noticed them, but look) tell you what number to set the tool and the nipples are mounting points.. this is infact just a beam aiming tool... used to calibrate the "right" way ...not like comon spots on the garage door or what ever fills the road...

Just though id say if anyone actualy wounderd...lol
        . . .93 Ex F2.0A Si. . .
        WiredMotorSports
        [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

since they are plastic i would expect them to fog when you take any rough surface to them. i have been scared to do this to mine for a while i needed to see how someone elses came out first

"Tucking tires and wires."
          The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4
            since they are plastic i would expect them to fog when you take any rough surface to them. i have been scared to do this to mine for a while i needed to see how someone elses came out first
            mine have yet to "fog". it's a simple thing to prevent, when you wax your car wax the headlights too. since i used the polishing compound i don't think they'll fog.

Comment

i had to do this to the tails on my 69 bug and instead of waxin or what not i just got a can of clear coat and they shine real nice... try it its easier....

sanding down and cleaning off then clear coat... this is the same process as you would paint a car....sand down primer clean it and paint it... no harm to come..and the scuffs from sanding would not need to be buffed out cause the clear sinks in and smooths itself out... if your not sure.. ask your local bodyshop...
              Last edited by uncle_el; 02-11-2005, 08:08 AM.
              . . .93 Ex F2.0A Si. . .
              WiredMotorSports
              [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
                looking down to the headlights, you should see preforations on the rear of each lens (high and low) where you could stick a philips screw driver in (there is even one that goes through the radiator support). there are two adjustment screw per lens (meaning 4 adjustment screws per headlight). one adjustment is for up/down and the other is left/right. usually the upper adjustment is the left/right and the lower is up/down.

make sure you are on a level surface before adjusting. adjust from 20 feet away from a wall or garage door. don't forget to check you high beams as well since they are independent from the low beams on the jdm headlights. good luck!

edit: pic added for clarity. also, you will need a long philips screw driver to reach the high beam up/down adjustment screw.

Comment

im not sure if this has been covered and beat to death but the easiest and cheapest way i found to wire jdm headlights was to go to the junkyard find a 88 ish lincoln towncar thats right i said lincoln and cutting off the harnesses and wiring them to the h4's and h1's the reason i noticed was because my fathewr owns one and i saw the harness due to out headlight and they are the same....... jus my 2 cents

"Tucking tires and wires."
                  The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4
                    im not sure if this has been covered and beat to death but the easiest and cheapest way i found to wire jdm headlights was to go to the junkyard find a 88 ish lincoln towncar thats right i said lincoln and cutting off the harnesses and wiring them to the h4's and h1's the reason i noticed was because my fathewr owns one and i saw the harness due to out headlight and they are the same....... jus my 2 cents
                    I will use this when I get mine. I'll take pics.
                    My Ride!
                    Anti-Idiot Crew #1

Comment

good job on the articles guys !

good job on the posted articles guys ! it really helped me out big time as a CB7 rookiee tuner...so far i got an H22 with a trip tronic tranny on my CB,also, Mugen front lip,Tenzo-R C-type 17"(discontinued model) rims,tenzo-R strut bar and lower tie bar, Tein Lowering kit(shocks/springs), need a new paint job(championship white paint!!) with full black interior and a red recaro buckets w/ takata harness, and a "EuroR" Emblem...is the EuroR emblem also from the accord family, cuz i only saw this from the Honda EuroR car from GranTurismo, hahaha...i suggest u see it yourself !! again..GOOD JOB GUYZ !! CB7 TUNERS....TRU PALYUHZ FRILZ!!
                      [IMG]http://img295.echo.cx/img295/702/cb7sohc4mm.jpg

Comment

so much info awesome
                        My Ride17.34 @ 78mph with 260k on her

Comment

Originally posted by souldoubt
                          than i used turtle wax pollishing compund #t241 applied w/ a 6" random buffer, super cheapie from walmat

i got my lights they were actualy starting to "scale" after i did that they were smoother glass. very happy w/ my more difficult way. but well worth the time.

parts list w/ price:

3m #39006 6.00
                          small 6" buffer 10.00

damn you guys are brave, i might just get patastinky to blackhouse and wetsand/polish my headlights. because i'm afraid to diy it.

i'm gonna try polishing first though. sorry uncle el, i didn't read the second page man.

flipcb7, you have none of that. i've seen pics of your stock ass accord. save the lying for myspace.
                          '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
                          -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                          -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                          -'93 AGP EX 4AT
                          10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

does anyone have any before & after, or even just after pics? i'm going to do it, but i would like to see a product before, so i can analyze whether i'm just gonna sell these and buy another set or try to restore these.
                            '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
                            -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                            -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                            -'93 AGP EX 4AT
                            10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

What about the actual wetsanding/buffing of the lights?? Has anyone done this personally?? If so, what grit of compound did you use?? I was wondering because I don't want my JDM's to look like some of the member's here, but rather like the one's I got for my CD7...

Last edited by uncle_el; 10-09-2005, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KoNEY
                                What about the actual wetsanding/buffing of the lights?? Has anyone done this personally?? If so, what grit of compound did you use?? I was wondering because I don't want my JDM's to look like some of the member's here, but rather like the one's I got for my CD7...
                                Originally posted by souldoubt

parts list w/ price:

3m #39006 6.00
                                small 6" buffer 10.00

Comment

Working...
                                X