Accord Wagon Subwoofer upgrade and amp upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accord Wagon Subwoofer upgrade and amp upgrade

Hello everyone, I'm wanting to upgrade my stock 6,x9 Subwoofer with something a little newer. Still a 6x9 as I really like my trunk space and I also like being able to get to my spare.

I have a few questions however that hopefully someone can answer for me.

I see a lot of information about a stock Bose amp on the SE models, but I remember reading that there was also an amp in the wagons for the sub. I don't know if this is true or not, but if there is an amp I'd like to replace/bypass it. If there is an amp, where is it at so I can do just that?

Thanks

There's no amp, and it's not a sub, it's just a standard woofer, at least that's what it looked like to me.

If you want bass with less space, an okay option is to get a slimline sub and fit it under the seat, but if I was you, behind the speaker if you cut the trim.out there is enough room for a 10" sub with box, and you'll get way better results.
    sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Originally posted by lbus9168 View Post
      There's no amp, and it's not a sub, it's just a standard woofer, at least that's what it looked like to me.

If you want bass with less space, an okay option is to get a slimline sub and fit it under the seat, but if I was you, behind the speaker if you cut the trim.out there is enough room for a 10" sub with box, and you'll get way better results.
      Eh, I'm not that worried about it. I like my oem look and trunk space too much to do anything beyond running some wires to a slightly better 6x9.

I do think it's a dedicated sub though, it's dual voice coil.

Do you have any idea how it's wired in stock? I read something about coming from the rear speakers.

Comment

It's definitely dvc, but I was never able to find a seperate amp.

Iirc, it didn't have a tweeter but I still think it's just a woofer not a sub, as it can't hit the frequencies required of a subwoofer, I think it was more of midrange to high bass added, your not going to be pumping sick beats out of it haha.

No no idea, I just took mine out and it worked fine.

An okay level 6x9 would sound better but you won't get a great sound. A slimline sub under the driver's seat is totally out of the way and won't affect the OEM look at all!

I can see if I can find wiring diagrams but I never looked into it heaps to be honest

Comment

Yeah, well, I'm looking for a lower seat than stock so I don't think that will fit too much.

I'm not looking for a massive amount of bass.

Comment

You should look at the EDM/AUDM power seat options, its OEM. i have the two way adjustable on my car and it makes the seat extremely low ( and my amp still fits under there so im sure a better sub would work), looks like this:

I have to say, its a pretty excellent feature

Comment

Working...
            X