Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Best ecu for f22a4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$60? Shit... I was recently selling one for $50 shipped! Some friend...

That package would work. More advanced than the basic setup I described above, but definitely capable. Neptune is powerful and well-supported. The Demon, if I recall correctly (I didn't read closely) is also a real-time device, so you don't have to constantly burn chips. I'm not 100% on how it works, but that's a good setup for sure.

Comment

my car also wont rev past 5.5k but i don't believe it has anything to do with my ecu... if that is still your main concern, i'd work on figuring out the problem before tuning.

MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188701

Comment

Not revving beyond 5k should be an ECU issue.

Comment

Awesomeee. But yeah I kinda just threw the $60 asking price out there and he jumped for it. But idk why it won't go past 5500. All sensors are fixed, I'm not getting any cel codes. My battery light is on though, I'm not sure why. But I'm definitely getting the tuning setup now.

Comment

Limp mode perhaps? I am also with Deev on this one as well, I would try a different ECU and see what happens.
            The CB7 Collector.
            Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
            92 LX Coupe F22A1
            2013 Toyota Corolla S
            92 EX Sedan F22A1
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
              Limp mode perhaps? I am also with Deev on this one as well, I would try a different ECU and see what happens.
              Would it be in limp mode although I'm not throwing any cel codes? I've unplugged the ecu and even did the well know disconnect the battery for 2 hour to fix the problem. Could I put the p06 ecu in it to see if it changes any? It's bone stock.

Comment

Hopefully to make things a little more clear : http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=c...&v=87DKOpRcWD4 this is a link to a video of how my car cuts back at 5,500 rpm's. Also, a horrible 3rd gear pull.

Comment

How is your timing?
                  Originally posted by Mishakol129
                  Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                    How is your timing?
                    Actually, I haven't checked the timing. How would I do that?

Comment

You'll need a timing light to check ignition timing. Valve timing can be checked by inspecting the timing marks on the cam gears and crank pulley (as long as your valves are adjusted properly.)

The battery light could be an indication of a failing alternator, or damaged or corroded wiring.

ALWAYS be sure to eliminate any known issues before upgrading. You'll only compound the frustration if you do additional modifications before you're absolutely sure your car is running properly beforehand.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        You'll need a timing light to check ignition timing. Valve timing can be checked by inspecting the timing marks on the cam gears and crank pulley (as long as your valves are adjusted properly.)

The battery light could be an indication of a failing alternator, or damaged or corroded wiring.

ALWAYS be sure to eliminate any known issues before upgrading. You'll only compound the frustration if you do additional modifications before you're absolutely sure your car is running properly beforehand.
                        I've replaced the alternator and belt quite a few times but came to find out it was the cables to the battery that caused the light to come on. I have a set that I can replace the old corroded ones with its just trying to find the time to be able to do it.

Comment

Working...
                        X