Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the mail is here

LOOK bandages came in the mail.
    It's true time of delivery... AEM cam gears. To my surprise they are extremely light weight. The gears came locked in to 0 already. They look awesome by the way. Each gears comes with a load of instructions for those people who's engine is still mounted in the car and a AEM decal. I purchased them from a seller called real street on Ebay for $210 shipped. I took this time to install the new cam seals from Honda i previously ordered.

NEXT UP

When i was at Honda day at Atco Raceway in NJ, i was checking out other guys set up and i saw somthing cool that is useful. On the giveaway car which was a acura integra type r. The valve & timing cover was cut out to allow any tuner to adjust the cams with out taking the valve cover off. So i did the same thing my self. Monkey see monkey do. Lol
    I placed valve cover on engine and masked of with paint tape. I had a friend hold the old gear in the center while i traced it with a sharpie to use as a reference point for cutting. I have 3 covers by the way so i wasn't scared to f#<k it up. I used a grinder with a 4 1/2 inch wheel i cut out most material then put the grinder flat to smooth out the semi circle. I also had my boy hold it still and did it out side lots of aluminum dust bi product. WARNING!!!!! Use thick gloves and eye wear. I cut my finger by the knuckle not paying attention. It didn't hurt but, the blood was at a gushing rate. I got nervous the bleeding wouldn't stop.. it was pretty deep. I went to the ER thinking i needed stitches. The doctor said they can't stitch abrasions
    I got a xray to see if there were fragments in my flesh... thank God there were None. Had to get tetanus shot And bandages.. then i was on my home now.

I wanted every aspect of this engine bullet proof. (not literally ) I picked up a new thermostat & gasket from advance.
    Drove all the way home, took out the old one and POW BullSj!t. The new one was 1/2 the size. I had to drive back there (fml) @that point. Turns out these idiots list h23 and f22 thermostats even though they clicked trim level SI Vtec. Advice If u get one from one of those guys advanced or autozone who ever. Make sure the part description says Vtec. On top of that they had to order the bigger gasket double (fml). Sorry for the poor pic.

Last edited by jaykilla116; 07-02-2015, 09:42 PM.
    a person who looks at somthing and see it as waste is no person at all but he who see what it could be will suceed
    out with the old and in with the new

Comment

Nice! You're a little ahead of me in the engine refreshing department, keep posting pictures so I can use this as a guide!

Cheers!

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
      2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Liking the cam gear mod.

And my weak stomach thanks you for not posting gore-y pictures of your hand, lol.

Comment

lol

Thanks for reading and watching. More things coming soon.

I lost my drive gear for timing belt so i ordered a used one on ebay. I may have scraped it by accident. Coming up next is the gates blue timing belt . For this i will order from summit , i herd there are some boot legs out there. So summit i know im safe and a koyo adjuster.
          Last edited by jaykilla116; 04-24-2015, 09:50 AM.
          a person who looks at somthing and see it as waste is no person at all but he who see what it could be will suceed

Comment

more parts

I know its been a while since i posted. THIS STUFF IS NOT CHEAP PEOPLE! Lol plus i been sick. Anyway i opted out For the OEM timing belt from Honda. I heard the gates racing timing belts is good and that was my initial purchase but, after some reviews online it seems someone is out there bootlegging them. This was not a risk I was willing to take.

I also received The ks tuned crankshaft spacer. This will directly replace the balance shaft drive gear.
            furthermore I took some precautions and replace a crankshaft key way with an OEM one from Honda. there were minor signs of damage but its cheap anyway. finally I managed to get a gates timing adjuster because I felt like "might as well go all the way." why use the old bearing?

Last edited by jaykilla116; 05-12-2015, 08:05 AM.

Comment

i have some paint skills

I have some painting skills i picked up from hanging around a good friends auto body shop. The task: so i have 5 or six valve cover laying around i will paint. Who knows maybe i can sell some to get more money for the project. I am in the process of stripping them all and priming.
              This post will be constantly edited. Simply because i am posting along the way.
              i am using a paint stripper called zap and wire brush 400 grit wet sand paper.

before pics

After being stripped and cleaned..

i added an aem decal, then i stripped the paint off the "doc vtec" label with a grinder cleaned with a tac rag. Finally went over with two coats of clear.

Current state

My other top might sell it make an offer !!
              Last edited by jaykilla116; 07-02-2015, 09:49 PM.

Comment

mail is here

So yesterday i received the mail 3 packages. The 4 items are oem Honda valve cover gasket with tube seals , polished oil cap with carbon fiber Mobile 1 badge, Vms black valve washers and nuts. Yah wip bling bling my wip bling blawww

I just got this in the mail. Golden Eagle fuel rail polished for h and f series. I will update on the install. I chose this over aem simply because of the color options.

I discovered a issue with the fuel rail. The spacing to mount the rail is thinner than stock. So i contacted golden eagle. They told me that 2 types of spacers should have came with the package. They kindly shipped out what i need with out any additional cost. Great customer support.

Now i am stuck between a decision. I have ob2 saturated (high impedance ) injectors from a h22a4 . Which i believe are 290cc. If i use these i have to eliminate the resistor box. The pro is it will look better for my wire tuck, save money being that i already have them. The con is i am not sure if 290cc will reduce my performance, carries shorter life span then peak and hold (low impedance ) injectors.
                I have a set from my f22 but they are rated at a much lower cc. Last option would be to buy a set of h22a or h22a1 injectors, which are obd1 peak and hold rated at 345cc.

If you guys have any input let me know ! Thanks in advance.
                Last edited by jaykilla116; 07-02-2015, 09:51 PM.

Comment

muhahahaha (evil laugh)

I found a m2f4 trans for 375 shipped to mi casa. Then im gonna have to save up that 700 for this Mfactoy lsd (tears ouch to my pocket) hope its worth 700. Stay tuned people literally lol.

Comment

The Rail

I have decided to eliminate the resistor box and use my h22a4 injectors i will use the Meter to see which is which.

i am looking for the higher ohms.

These are the spacers i were talking about that were missing from the package. As u can see the middle is slighty taller then the stock one on the right . The small left one is used on f series motors.

I have to make a correction here i actually had to use both sets of spacers golden eagle supplied. You start with the small spacers then rail then the large spacers then nut in that order. (UPDATE)
                    Last edited by jaykilla116; 07-10-2015, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Originally posted by jaykilla116 View Post
                        These are the spacers i was talking about that were missing from the package. As u can see the middle is slighty taller then the stock one on the right . The small left one is used on f series motors.
                        Given that I can take an F22A fuel rail with injectors and directly install them onto an H22A and vice versa, I'd say that claim is a false one. Or, at the very least, not descriptive enough.
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

look what i got

Originally posted by Tishock View Post
                          Any updates?
                          finally got my m2f4 transmission. After searching high and low i pulled it off for $318 bucks ... i live in north jersey i found this in

Clinton, Massachusetts . So my girls parents invited me to a trip to Maine for a week . We drove threw Massachusetts on the way back so i made a pit stop . By the way the trans seems to be in excellent condition.

I plan on saving for a mfactory lsd and repainting the case new slave cyl and new output seals. Stay tuned my friends slowly but surely.
                          Last edited by jaykilla116; 06-28-2015, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                            Given that I can take an F22A fuel rail with injectors and directly install them onto an H22A and vice versa, I'd say that claim is a false one. Or, at the very least, not descriptive enough.
                            U might have a point but keep in mind i am using a skunk 2 manifold ... but what i was talking about the golden eagle rail is not the same thickness as the stock rail.

Comment

made some progress

Today, i made some progress. Upon purchase, my car only had two wheels (long story) but i was in need of some temporary wheels to allow me to move the car and start working on the chassis. Luckily, i managed to score a set of prelude steelies with tires for $50 on Craigslist. I also assessed and marked the damage with a tire crayon so whoever i hire to do the work will see the damage clearly.

That brown stuff is paint that i sprayed on the rusting areas to help prevent further rust. What do you guys think?

I was also thinking about fabricating a molded spoiler within the trunk. Any thoughts/suggestions on this?
                              Last edited by jaykilla116; 07-03-2015, 10:13 AM.

Comment

My updated agenda

i have to purchase and install the items below
                                Fuel guage. (Done)
                                Fuel regulator
                                Belt walker. (Done)
                                Bottom cover. (Done)
                                Bottom gasket. (Done)
                                Crank pulley
                                Light wight drive pulley h22
                                (debating on obx alternator and ps pulley) I can use Your Input on this one. (Viewers)

Alt drive belt
                                Ps drive belt
                                Vtec billet
                                Solder vtec wire
                                Paint n install dip stick
                                Bisimoto flywheel clutch
                                Flywheel bolts
                                Install rear seal
                                Lsd
                                Lsd bolts
                                Lsd bearing
                                Output seals
                                Paint trans
                                Last edited by jaykilla116; 07-10-2015, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X