Cheap Project Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap Project Build

So at the beginning of the year i decided that i would embark on a long journey to try and build a turbo setup for as cheaply as i could while sourcing decent parts thru Craigslist, Offerup or Face to face encounters. There is two reasons of why i am doing this;
    1. There has always been the long heard story that you cannot build something cheap that is both fast and reliable.
    2. My car has been a part of me for the past 11 years, although i could have sold it many times over; i would feel as if our journey would been cut short.

Over the past 5 months i have been meeting people across different platforms(specially diesel) to try and pick up parts that they might be trying to get rid of for as low as i can; call me cheap or an ass for Lowballing folks but its for a reason. So far i believe i have made tremendous progress and will keep my search for the treasure on other folks trash.

So far i have:
    1. Walbro fuel pump 255lph $75

2. Used Precision 1000cc injectors $100

3. Holset HY35 $42 and HE351 $40 once i decide which one i will run i can sell the other to fund the project.

4. H2Y4 transmission $100

5. HKS SSQ BOV used $40
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

This is awesome. What I want to do
    I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
      This is awesome. What I want to do
      It CAN be done it will just take time, i would have spend 4 times as much by now if i didnt have patience, i estimated no less than a year to buy what i need and that gives me time to shop around and get the best deals instead of just jumping on anything to get it done quick. Next i need a block, if i get one in decent shape i can move to internals; i can use my same head to save $$$.
      [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

I think that's smart. I should start doing this.
        I'm faster then a prius

Comment

I had a turbo setup pieced together for about $500 years ago. Crashed the car before I installed it. Sold it for $600 to a CB7tuner member (that was not happy when he got it... I mean, it was UGLY! )

With a DSM manifold, DSM injectors, DSM turbo, DSM BOV, cheap piping, a Starion intercooler, some oil lines, a fuel pump, and a basic chipped P06 ECU, a CB7 can be boosted rather easily. How long it will last is another story. Building the engine to handle turbo is going to cost, even when you do it cheap. If longevity isn't an issue, and blowing up is acceptable, then it's all well and good. I had fully intended to blow up the car I was going to boost.

Comment

Working...
          X