Newer Rocket Bunny S14 kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newer Rocket Bunny S14 kit

Some of you might have already seen this, but I want to share it anyway. It's so good!

The rear is still the standard rocket bunny.

I think I've seen that before. Kinda makes me want one!
    How much is the kit? I bet that whole thing costs more than the S14 itself is worth.

Comment

Around 4,500 shipped.

Comment

Wow. Plus $2000 for a semi-decent S14. Plus paint. Assuming all installation can be done competently by the owner of the car.
        At that point, I'd likely consider buying a real Skyline! Perhaps not one of that style, but for $10,000 or so, you can get a very nice R30-R32.

Comment

Well we are talking about Rocket Bunny here. It's a status thing, right? I'd buy it if I had money to waste.

Comment

It's not exactly new (it's already in one or two video games), but I've been liking that Boss kit. Does a good job of mixing old school styling on a modern chassis.

Another variation:

And the Boss kit for the RX7; not really feeling this one:

Accord Aero-R

Comment

If that RX7 wasn't highlighter yellow, and so wide body stance boy status it'd be nicer. They should have done it with a 1st gen, not an FC. It's just too bubbly. Do they make one for MX5's? That might look good with the single rounds.

Comment

I suppose I don't quite get the point of such crazy mods. I do like the end result, but I can't in-see the car underneath once I know what it's built on.

Comment

I think with RB's "Boss" kit, they try to bring a classic front end of the car's own lineage to a modern chassis. the S14's Boss V1 (the quad headlight version) draws on the Datsun 510, and the RX7's on the RX3. I think the S14 Boss V2 that you posted looks more like a single-headlight take on the modern Dodge Challenger, though.

Here's a better angle/color of the RX-7 (it's an FD, btw). I didn't want to post a massive picture in here, since we don't have the auto-resize (it looks like this might have been taken from Forza Horizon or something):

http://speedhunters-wp-production.s3...t-Bunny-04.jpg

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I know it's an FD! I type FC so much my phone autocorrects now! Ive been looking for one on Craigslist locally for the longest.

I do like the fender mirrors on the rx7, but I just don't think the front end works.
                    The single round does really look like a slightly scaled down challenger for sure. I'd like to see it without the wide body flares.
                    Last edited by F22Chris; 06-12-2017, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X