Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What's up from Cincinnati 😎

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's up from Cincinnati 😎

Nice to meet everyone!!! So far I love cb7tuner I've been lurking since I got my first cb back in February. It's a 93 sedan ex 5 speed, 163k and it needed a little TLC but that's where I come in and the fun begins.

I work in parts at a body shop so I have almost full access to the shop so somewhere along the line I might start somewhat of a build thread. I've already done a thing or two and I'm in the process of many little projects right now so stay tuned. Happy to be here, I'll have pics up soon!

Last edited by Krazy Kruse; 06-19-2017, 09:28 PM.

Welcome! 93 EX manual is pretty much the one to have!

Comment

Welcome! Where in Cincy? I'm just up in West Chester. Go ahead and start a build thread; it gives you place to document what you're doing and the community to provide tips and encouragement.
      Last edited by Fleetw00d; 06-18-2017, 11:00 PM.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Take a look at our Members Rides section. That's the only section on this site that follows a strict format. Make a build thread in the Beginner Photo Gallery for now, and follow the Members Rides format. Once you've gotten your 30 posts, PM me and ask me to move it over. As long as the format is as it should be, I'll gladly move it for you.

Comment

Hey there fleetw00d! I live in sharonville, I think we've already met before if I'm not mistaken, did you sell someone some Acura CL knuckles recently? If so that was me and they went on great, and thank you for the advice deevergote, you answered the question I was going to ask 😂

Comment

Yeah, that was me - I stopped by the shop a week or so ago to ask about refinishing bumpers.
            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Unfortunately they probably wanted more than was really worth it to paint a 25 year old car, I asked them about painting mine back to original again and that was a good laugh... haha not. So I'll probably give my car a really good clay, buff, polish, and wax and be done with it. That can usually do wonders to most paint.

But I believe yours actually needed repainted, did you figure out a solution yet?

Comment

I spent the $ on Ruby because it was worth it to me; doing all the disassembly and assembly and the bulk of the quarter replacement really cut down on the cost. The solution to the SE is to leave it as is and try to sell it based on the mechanical work that's been done and let the new owner deal with the cosmetics if they want to. I did buy a can of Automotive Touchup to try to make the bumpers look better, but I couldn't find an easy way to strip the existing paint without more work than I cared to put into it. First person to come look at it today made a sufficient offer; they won't be able to come and get it until Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                X