Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

noob from ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noob from ohio

howdy everyone! My name is Dylan,not new to the car scene but definitely new to the Honda scene. About to build my first cb7 and im super excited about it lol. The only things I've built before this have been a bagged 91 Chevy 1500,a static dropped 91 Chevy stepside,a dropped 95 tahoe,countless derby cars,a 2000 grand Prix gtp than ran on e85 and made just shy of 400hp,a 96 cavalier with a 2006 cobalt ss eng/trans,and a 72 Chevy caprice. I kinda know my way around vehicles,just looking to obtain more knowledge with this build,so I apologize for stupid questions lol. anyway,nice meeting yall!
    Follow me on IG to see my builds/pics
    dmfb919

The key here is research. These cars aren't much to some but there's a big following over seas as well.
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Welcome to the site man!

Comment

Welcome! Interesting transition. How did you find your way to a CB7 from all of those domestics?
        1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

x2, What made you go from Dom's to imports? Your list of past vehicles is pretty impressive but going from big bodies and GP's to a smaller import is a pretty drastic change. Is there anything in particular about it you like? What ideas for the build do you have?
          My Project, My Concept
          1990 LX Coupe

"Certified CB7 Tuner"

Comment

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the older hondas,the body style of the cb7 just catches my eye,i've always liked them since I was young,i've had a few EG sedans over the years and I figured it was time for a change up..you rarely see cb7s around here but there's a ton of EKs and EGs running around,i like standing out from everyone around here while I can lol...plus,i picked the car up for 150 to use as a derby car and had a change of heart lol,it needs the engine rebuilt,so far I haven't planned much for it besides keeping the stock f20a and getting a 5spd,eventually I wanna throw some boost at it but that can wait until winter when the jeep comes back out. It's not too big of a change honestly,I'm used to driving just about anything,the biggest change up was going from the caprice to the gtp,I went from taking turns at 30 and severe body roll to taking the same turns at 60+ like I was on rails lol. I wouldn't really say that I made a jump straight to the import scene,I'll always have a bowtie or two in the driveway,I love my domestics lol..but man,if I had the chance to trade my bagged Chevy for a clean ass 240sx notchback,i would do it in a heartbeat and say to hell with domestics lol
            dmfb919

Comment

I hear ya on that! I've always been into imports, I'm 41 and I've only owned 2 domestics in my life. My first vehicle was an '88 S-10 with a static drop and prior to this '90LX I've got now I had an '06 GP/GT.I slung a rod in that 3800 and said I needed to find something fairly quick for very little. I paid $500.00 for mine and actually have twice that into it now. My wife drives a '95 EJ1 bone stock. After getting my CB7 she's decided she wants one now as well, so her little brother is giving her his '93 10th anniversary 'cause he's getting a stanced 2000 Accord and said she can have his.
              Anyway, take your time and keep that passion for the CB7 alive!
              My Project, My Concept
              1990 LX Coupe

"Certified CB7 Tuner"

Comment

I bleed hugger orange but I've always like the imports,especially all the cool stuff that can't be imported into the states just yet,i'm still patiently waiting for the day that I can get a R33 GTS-T skyline but that's still a few years away lol. I don't know why the CB7s go so cheap when they are such good little cars,guess I shouldn't whine about it though because it could always be worse lol. My ex ole lady did the same thing to me after I got my first EG,she fell in love with it so I had to trade her stupid cougar for a 92 EG sedan,z6/auto,it was the only lowered one I've seen around here that didn't have bacon fenders haha. I plan to take my time on it this winter,but after derby season I'm just gonna focus on getting it road worthy,i bought it off a family friend and he said when the oil drain plug fell out,he heard it hit the car,pulled over to check and instantly shut it off and hasn't tried starting it since,hopefully I can get away with not rebuilding it just yet,it's killing me to see it sit in the driveway,i might tinker on her a little after work honestly lol I've got 11 days until my next derby and all 3 cars are ready. I think it's safe to say that unless this accord falls apart,gets wrecked beyond repair,or there is no more good parts on it,it isn't going anywhere...my Tahoe and jeep can go before the cb7 does lol
                dmfb919

Comment

Working...
                X