slush my valve cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slush my valve cover

I just got done soldering my Main relay. Just got done doing my TB to a "T". I noticed I have oil and water mix in a thick slush. Its not mix in my oil pan, its only on my intake side of the valve cover. Im not puffing smoke, smooth idle. Don't know why im having slush in my valve cover, my rocker arm appear to be clean, its seems to being push up on the inside of the cover.
    Im thinking T-stat, pvc valve.
    Please don't rant on about my head gasket, check my psi, Im good.
    Lets work this problem together.
    Much thanks.

Probably just condensation, man. Clean it and see if it comes back quickly.

Comment

Sorry, forgot to mention the my reservoir is at level and will not feed into or drop level while Im loosing coolant in my radiator. This is something weird that Ive notices and haven't seen before.

Comment

How often and far do you drive the car usually? My daily and my wife's daily both have sludge on the oil cap, so I'm sure it's else where in the valve cover. Since we work kind of close to home, the engine doesn't have enough time to burn off all the water that builds up.

Check the hose and nipple on the radiator neck to the coolant res. for blockage maybe?

Comment

Wipe it off, and it came back like after letting my run for about 20 minutes. It concerns me, cuz it I have never seen it before, besides having my cylinder gasket go out.
          Went out I got a $30 t-stat from the stealership this morning. Gonna douple check my hoses. My reservoir is stayed the same and it did warm up beyond normal level and my fans did kick on.
          Weird.

Comment

What oil are you using and how often do you change it, dude? Do you have any pictures for us?

Comment

No pics, Castrol 10w30

Comment

Check your crankcase vent valve & the vent to the intake. It's on the intake side so that makes sense to me. If the valve is plugged, or the hose is clogged/collapsed, it'll make it so moisture can't escape. Which means sludge.

Comment

I will check, I just swap out T-Stat.

Comment

Working...
                  X