Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New Registrant. little bio about myself (CarbonAccord)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Registrant. little bio about myself (CarbonAccord)

Greetings all, i am fresh meat to this site and am looking forward to becoming a good contributing member here. Some of you may already know who i am from Instagram just by my username. Anyhow, the name is Martin. I've been in the cb game for quite a while, around 5 years now. My ride is a 93 LX coupe, car is my first initially handed down to me from my father. (I declined to drive his 2013 lancer GT because it was auto) so he left me with the cb. Little did i know the full potential of these cars and i soon realized that during my first years of ownership. To date, i have done many custom composite pieces to the car and currently have my built f serues block awaiting parts to complete a dsm turbo build. A few of these components include an evo3 16g, fp race manifold, Arias 9:1 2618 forged pistons, Eagle H beam rods, King race bearings and polished/spec-ed bottom end, and Hondata with many other quality parts which are too much to list. Any guidance or tips on how to get around the site are appreciated. Thank you for reading!

Welcome, it seems like you certainly have your car off to a good start, I'm sure the site would love to see the completed (or at least progress) of your project.

I find that checking in the beginner forums can help a lot as a lot of the common problems have been asked (numerous times) by noobs to the site like us. Beyond that search search search. I will sometimes search by title only for something as searching by posts can bring you a huge list of threads that simply have the key word or words you are looking for. Searching by thread titles tends to narrow it down to specific questions or problems.

Welcome

*edit* and it helps tremendously to subscribe to threads and check links contained within threads that may directly point you to a thread containing the solution to the problem you are facing or question you are asking.
    Last edited by Bunta; 08-08-2017, 06:20 PM. Reason: Russians did it

Comment

thank you Bunta. Appreciate the response. As soon as i can figure out how post attachments and whatnot I'd be willing to share a few photos of my ride under the beginner gallery or somthing.

Comment

Welcome to the site!

The best thing to do while you're new here is to read, read, read. I know it sounds boring, but this site has been around for 14 years now and we've pretty much got these cars down to a science. That's not to say there is no room for your own preferences or interpretations on things, just that any questions you have are already covered, likely.

You will find that most people here have a preference for quality work and modifications over random, thrown-together "builds" that grace the Facebook pages. A properly-maintained car is every bit as important as the modifications you add to it. How impressive are your lowering springs and shocks if your sway bar end links are non-existent and your wheel bearings sound like a metal grinder?

A real bummer about the forum is something that's recently affected car forums elsewhere, too. Photobucket did some pretty crappy things that have ruined most of the pictures hosted on their site, causing pictures in people's threads to be broken. I had to go in and rehost all of mine on imgur from my member's ride thread, and will eventually try to get the rest I had on the site soon after.

Welcome aboard!
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Welcome aboard Martin (yes I've actually ran across your stuff on instagram)!

Jarrett pretty much summed it up. Read read read and read some more. I still go through the old threads and read up on stuff even after all these years.
          Get yourself a good image hosting site and throw some pictures up or get a members ride thread going on your turbo build.

Hope to see you stick around, love seeing projects actually get finished.
          Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Welcome!

It's nice to see that you've got a built block! So many people look to go turbo without beefing up the internals, and the end result is almost always a blown engine.

As for posting pictures, the process is explained within the rules, which you can find HERE. It wouldn't hurt to read through the rest of the stuff in there as well, just so you know what is expected of you.

Comment

Nice work so far! I remember seeing your car at CAM last year. Super clean!
              1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

And welcome to the forums finally!
                1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Working...
                X