Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car surging around 2500-3000 rpm while driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car surging around 2500-3000 rpm while driving

Guys I need help I was driving today and my 93 f22a6 started missing / sputtering around 2500rpm I let off gas a little give it more gas it sputtered for few more seconds and quit I changed iacv it has new egr still doing same thing after I changed them any ideas on the problem
    Here is the conditions
    73degree outside codes being throwed up are
    Any help be awesome

Code 12 is your EGR system. 1 and 41 are o2 sensor codes, and 43 is almost always an o2 sensor code as well.

Check your EGR wiring. If it's all hooked up and not in bad condition, then your new parts are probably faulty somehow. It's becoming more common these days as replacement parts are made by lower-cost aftermarket companies.

Replace your o2 sensor with a brand new Denso or NTK sensor (NO BOSCH) designed for your particular year and trim level. It matters. Don't splice one on, as that can alter the resistance. That can cause problems. Get a sensor that properly plugs in.

Make sure your IACV is properly adjusted.

Finally, if you can get your hands on a different ECU, try that. The fact that your codes are consistent, as in o2 sensor and one part you've already messed with, I don't believe it's a faulty ECU... but it's worth considering if nothing else works.

Comment

The connection are good still factory harness to o2 looks like it's oringal too it and would a stopped up fuel filter cause same issue since I'm getting a egr and o2 codes

Comment

It may. Code 43 would also be thrown for a fuel filter or fuel regulator issue, though I've only seen it a handful of times in my 14 years on this forum.
        Wouldn't hurt to change both the fuel filter and the o2 sensor (I'd suggest buying from RockAuto.com, as they're usually super cheap for the correct o2 sensors.) Even if neither one is definitely your problem, they're certainly not helping if they're nearly a quarter century old!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Replace your o2 sensor with a brand new Denso or NTK sensor (NO BOSCH) designed for your particular year and trim level.
          I know this is a bit old but why not Bosch? I do not remember which one is on my car at the moment but I put a new one on when I swapped the car.

Comment

Working...
          X