No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I removed the lower air intake which is under your inside fender and found it was filled with water. Apparently it was occupied by a mouse before the water, but he was soaking dead. I'd post the pic, but its pretty gross to look at haha.

Another day. Today I completed the battery relocation, back of rear seat dyed black mat install + amps install, re-assemble of trunk pieces. I also continued the passenger side wire tuck and moved the engine block ground wire.

I finally finished my battery relocation.

Rear trunk fabric pieces dyed black also.

Rear dye job on rug. Amp positioned perfectly to fit in when back seat is closed. The other amp for the alpine R pods is installed between rear speakers in trunk (out of sight).

Still not quite done with the trunk. I was hoping to put some grommets in the side to make it look better. I also need to get more wire connectors before I can finish the passenger side wire tuck. Ohhh, and I wanted to tuck the fuse box and I know where it can go, but I'm not sure if all the connectors will fit through the hole in the firewall. If anyone knows the answer to this please let me know. I suppose I could cut a whole/enlarge one. & I need to get more 4AWG wire to extend the fuse box power wire through the fender. Cheers!
    Last edited by Raf99; 12-11-2012, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Pretty much done but the fuse box. I will be tucking this away also.

Last edited by Raf99; 08-02-2011, 10:42 PM.

Comment

I have wanted to do mine for some time and seeing yours make me wanan do it now more then ever. Nice job bro
        My Member Ride --> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...66#post2857666

My For Sale Thread --> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181371

Comment

Originally posted by CB7North View Post
          I have wanted to do mine for some time and seeing yours make me wanan do it now more then ever. Nice job bro
          Thanks a lot. You do need to know a bit of electrical to do this. Tonight I tested the lights and everything worked perfect! All lights inside and out were ok. I didn't start the engine to test the fan and wipers, I'm going to wait to fix the PS before I do this.

Comment

Sooo today was an awesome day, sun was shining. So I put the whole car back together. Fenders on, lights in, front bumper back on, signal lights back in, amp back in, battery re-connected, and the rest you know. I think I'll stay with this setup for a bit.

Left overs....

Two issues came out after all the work.

1. The drivers side blinker light was not extended far enough (already went and got more wire to fix this). But everything else works, lights, rad fan, etc.

2. I accidentally made a mistake and gave the amp a shock I forgot to disconnect the battery and when I went to hook it up there was a spark! I cursed. Soooo now the amp had a protected mode light on. And the fuse was all gooey. (not sure what that is all about)
            So I opened the amp up and had a look. (Please don't do this if you do not know anything about electronics). I gave everything a good cleaning and checked for any damage, bad solder joints, etc. Now when I turn it on there's a blinking red protected mode light This is good news. According to the manual this means the RCA has a floating ground, which I'll look into tomorrow. *starts praying*.

And if you noticed I have my power steering belt off. This is because my shaft seal is leaking on it, causing a mess. I have another PS pump on the way but its not here yet. OMFG, I do not envy those without power steering!!~! Don't really notice it on the highway, but in town, 3-point turns. haha... get your muscles out! I definitely want to keep the PS when I do the turbo setup.

Cheers!

Comment

So I did get that new PS pump in and hooked up. Man how I missed PS! The blinker I extended and I even fixed my bumper gap issue. I went for a drive today and was loving it, everything works great.
              The bad news is I think my Class D amp is fried. The protection light is on, I redid the ground too. But I'll look into this and I stil have some troubleshooting to do. I'll take it out tomorrow.

Cheers

Comment

Dont tell me you broke the amp I sold already
                NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
                  Dont tell me you broke the amp I sold already
                  I gave it a shock one day and I was worried. But great news, I fixed it 2 days ago!! Fuckk, I was so happy! So problem solved now. The stereo sounds awesome with the current setup!! The only thing is I got a rear passenger speaker case that rattles. I'll have to look at it. Oh, and I'm sanding down the cover/logo small piece for the amp, it will be polished silver and will look nice.
                  I also now have my hands on a CD5. Its a 94 EXR V6 model for parts. I'm going to install the rear lip on my car (already read your DIY darkcloud). Think I may wait till I can get a bud to help me out, mAybe not because im pretty excited about it. Especially because my rear OEM lip is green, so this will look like a new lip! No two shades of blAck, etc.
                  I also have the rear bumper side markers, I'm really not sure if I am going to put them in. Thinking I will eventually, right now I don't see the point.
                  & I have some front side markers too but they are a cheap brand, and while they do work the bulbs are not interchangeable. So I may wait to get some proper ones. If you have some better ones plz let me know.

Comment

So happy . Always wanted to complete this!
                    cell phone pic for now...

Comment

What's everyones thoughts on CD5 rear red sidemarkers?
                      Last edited by Raf99; 08-25-2011, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Big thanks to Theos92VR4 for these!

Comment

Nice looking good man put the rear markers on
                          NEW CB

new

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
                            Nice looking good man put the rear markers on
                            i'm thinking when i get a spoiler. got one ?

Another shot of the rear lip installed.
                            Last edited by Raf99; 09-17-2011, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Well today a friend and myself took the Honda to a dyno day at a shop I go to. A lot of nice rides, I'll post some pics in a bit. I ran a 132hp, 112lb of torque, with my current 8:5:1 low compression non-turbo setup.

Comment

Damn thats a low power output for a h22, hope to see boost soon
                                NEW CB

new

Comment

Working...
                                X