No announcement yet.

Rilas : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interior looks pretty clean and exterior isn't too bad either. what all are you planning on swapping over?
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
      Interior looks pretty clean and exterior isn't too bad either. what all are you planning on swapping over?
      Sadly.... the entire car. I'm even going to swap the body harness as well, it's going to be faster than retucking the wiring on the new Lola. I've already stripped the old Lola's interior out. Only thing left is the dashboard, door panels and driver seat. I need to keep both of them drivable for the time being. As I have a few other cars that I need to do some maintenance on before I can go full bore on this project. This interior is probably one of the cleanest I have seen, it's a bit dumb founding. The exterior needs a bit of work but overall this car is in better shape than the last one. If nothing else all the window trim is in fantastic shape, as well as the runners on the roof. All of it needed to be replaced on the other car. So this alone will save me a small fortune and a bunch of time.
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

super blowey about the car. why couldn't they take some random stock one, instead of one that has had countless hours put into the little details??

anyway glad you found a replacement. looks super clean inside, and the body isn't bad for the age. Looks nice. the upgrade on condition of trims will ultimately be worth it.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

You've been on quite the journey lately You sir are a true diehard fan and I think it's awesome you didn't give up at all. 90% would have thrown in the towel but not you

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
            super blowey about the car. why couldn't they take some random stock one, instead of one that has had countless hours put into the little details??

anyway glad you found a replacement. looks super clean inside, and the body isn't bad for the age. Looks nice. the upgrade on condition of trims will ultimately be worth it.
            I think that although this one has a few more issues in the body it's still overall in better condition than the last coupe was. I'm glad I found something and relatively quickly. I'm still a bit shocked that I have yet another SE coupe. I wish they had taken a damn stock car. All the shit they took off mine they could have just as easily gotten off a stock car.

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
            You've been on quite the journey lately You sir are a true diehard fan and I think it's awesome you didn't give up at all. 90% would have thrown in the towel but not you
            It's been a bit of a roller coaster ride for sure lately. I really was at a bit of a loss when I first got her home. I wasn't really sure how I was going to proceed. I'm actually happier now that I have this coupe, although I'm not really looking forward to swapping 2 entire cars... I couldn't give up on this car. For the time being she is my project. Hopefully that doesn't change for many years to come. I still have some big plans for this car, and well my little guy he loves Lola, so she is here to stay for a long time. Thanks for the compliment Granite, it means a lot.

Comment

So a bit of an update. I've been working on swapping interiors. I'm not talking about just pull this one out and put it back into the other car. Since the "new" Lola's interior was in much better shape, I've been robbing everything from it I can, and incorporating it into the black/tan interior. Needless to say it's making the swap take a good bit longer than initially planned. I almost have the "old" Lola fully back together from the "new" Lola's parts. Tonight I'm going to work on getting the black interior and such into the "new" Lola. After that I think it's time to work on the suspension swaps then finally the engine. I'll get up some pictures of how it's going tonight hopefully. Anyway just to let you guys know I'm not just twiddling my thumbs, I'm getting work done.

Comment

Alright so basically I've been cleaning. That is pretty much the summary of everything I have done. Remove parts clean parts reinstall parts. Just in another body that it came from. Progress has been a bit slow going. As I've had some other stuff going on as well. Also when the sun goes down outside I'm usually done working on that car in any way. Too cold to pull trim and such without breaking the clips. Metal that is below freezing is always fun to hold. So I've done what I can when I can. Here is what I've manage to accomplish as of tonight.

Well I have pictures but as usual photobucket is a giant piece of shit and I can't upload anything to it. So I'll try again tomorrow.

Comment

Flickr is your friend. I hate this time of year when the sun is down so early. I feel like I came get anything accomplished after leaving work.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                    Flickr is your friend. I hate this time of year when the sun is down so early. I feel like I came get anything accomplished after leaving work.
                    I have a flickr account and I really don't like how I can't organize anything that I've uploaded. That or I'm just too damn stupid to figure out their awful interface. There are a lot of nights after work I feel this way too Mike. While "old" Lola is in the garage, there is only so much I can rip off of her before I need to take the same stuff off "new" Lola which is outside and freezing. So needless to say progress isn't nearly as quick as it should be.

Comment

Flickr might have to be my friend. As photobucket seems to have screwed up about 1/4 of my pictures that were on it. Also I still can't upload anything to my account from any computer. Tried a few here in the house, tried at work, tried at a friends house. So yep photobucket sucks ass yet again... Anyway I uploaded to my flickr account for the time being.

Trunk Side Panels (This was a before picture. There were filthy, I sprayed them down in the shower and lightly scrubbed them with some laundry detergent. Worked pretty well. I forgot to take the after picture.)

Old Lola 1

Old Lola 2

Old Lola 3

New Lola 1

New Lola 2 (All the black seat belts got a bath as well in very hot water and laundry detergent. This cleaned them up very nicely, I need to find a dark set of front belts and get them in the car. The tan ones just look out of place.)

New Lola 3 (You can see how much cleaner the side panels are here.)

New Lola 4

New Lola 5 (As of now the front door panels are in the garage as well. I'm slowly plugging away. I just wish progress was faster.)

Well I'll get some more pictures once something is worthy of taking a picture of it.

Comment

Nice pics!

I use to use cardomain to host my pics, and then they changed their site to some horrible looking Java thing. Left and never went back. I now use photobucket and I hate it, but ALL my pics are hosted there and I'll be doomed if they ever delete my account, etc.

Will you be parting out of the left over parts?

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                          Nice pics!

I use to use cardomain to host my pics, and then they changed their site to some horrible looking Java thing. Left and never went back. I now use photobucket and I hate it, but ALL my pics are hosted there and I'll be doomed if they ever delete my account, etc.

Will you be parting out of the left over parts?
                          Thanks Raf. So photobucket has screwed up even more of my pictures than it had before. Almost all of my photo's except the earliest ones are now messed up. I'm working on a ticket with photobucket, to try and straighten this out. If they can't figure it out soon I'm going to re-upload it all to flickr and just change all the links and cry for the lost hours of my life for it.

I'm not really sure what's going to be left over as I'm just swapping everything between the 2 chassis'. So everything I currently have will just end up on the new body. Although I do have a ton of stuff I should probably list at some point to sell.

Comment

So I've been working on swapping more stuff between the cars. I just haven't had the time or it wasn't really worth updating this thread. I've finished swapping the interiors between cars. The only thing left is the dashboards and steering wheels.

Lola Interior 1

Lola Interior 2

Lola Interior 3

Lola Interior 4

Lola Interior 5

Lola Interior 6

Lola Interior 7

Lola Interior 8

Lola Interior 9

Stock Engine 1

Stock Engine 2

Stock Engine 3

This past weekend I started swapping the rear suspensions between the cars. I mean everything other than the subframe itself. The control arms, trailing arms, sway bars, knuckles, brakes all of it. The only bits I have left are to put the wheels onto the old car, and then put the struts and the wheels back on the new car. Hopefully tonight that will be done. I'm hoping by weeks end I can have the front suspension swapped over as well. That will just leave me with the dashboard, wiring and engine compartment. So at least I feel like I'm making some real progress now. The interior was just such a meticulous pain in the ass. Especially with the disassembly of literally every bit that would be broken down, to swap the cleaner pieces into the black interior.

I think I'm just going to sell old Lola as a manual, I'm not liking the idea of putting in a bunch more time to convert it back to an automatic but I may. Sometimes I get a wild hair up my ass and do things I told myself I wasn't going to do. So only time will tell on this one. FYI I am keeping the shifter and cables, as they have full derlin bushings in them. I'd like to not take the cables, but I need to find some from a CD5 so I could swap the bushings around. The local junkyard didn't have any CB7's when I needed the shifter but they had a CD5 and I knew it was all compatible, so I just took what was available at the time.
                            Last edited by Rilas; 02-15-2017, 01:00 PM.

Comment

So I got a reply on my photobucket ticket finally... Here is what they sent me.

Hello,

We thank you for your patience while we investigated the matter. Our engineering team has been working tirelessly to identify and recover your images. They identified a technical issue that had 1 out of a billion odds of occurring. Unfortunately, your account was one of the handful that were affected. They have spent countless hours to recover your images, but yielded no results. They have added additional safeguards in place to make sure this never happens again.

We are refunding all charges that have been made for the past 12 months. In addition, we will be providing two years of our highest plan offered (500gb) -- A $799.98 value.

Once again, we strongly apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

I'm going to give it a bit more time to see if they can restore all of my pictures. If not I'm just going to start uploading and relinking everything that is broken in my ride thread. I'm not sure if I'm going to fix the links in all the other posts I've made across the forum. I just can't believe this shit happens to me.

On a totally unrelated note. I finished swapping the rear suspensions today. This took much longer than expected. Things have just been coming up all week long. I think tomorrow night I might start on the front suspension. Then again I really need to fix the check engine light on the TL it's only getting about 9.5 miles to the gallon. It has an air intake leak, I really need to smoke the engine and see where it is. I've checked everything but the injector seals and everything has checked out fine.
                              Last edited by Rilas; 02-16-2017, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Will, will you be making another MRT for lola 2? What will you do with lola 1 once everything is removed?

Comment

Working...
                                X