Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

91 accord,bad engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 accord,bad engine

first off,i just wanted to say whats up everybody,my name is Dylan and I'm about to start working on my first cb7! Always wanted one,finally picked one up yesterday off of a friend of mine. All it really needs is an engine,but I'm using this as an excuse to swap in something bigger and better. The car is honestly pretty clean other than the rear quarters(thanks Ohio winters) and a ding from a rock flying out of the mower,my plan with it is to make a daily racecar that still is half-ass reliable and able to hang with some of the Camaros and mustangs running around here lol. This is where I need help..i have absolutely no idea what to swap into this thing,engine/trans wise..I've owned a few EGs but never did any swaps,I've searched a little threw this site and it seems like everyone does h22s,would a b16 be very hard to throw into it? I can get a b16 with a gsr trans for a steal right now and wanna know if I should jump on it for my car or jump on it to trade for a different engine? Any and all info would seriously be appreciated,thanks in advanced guys!
    Follow me on IG to see my builds/pics
    dmfb919

B16 would never work because it uses different shifters (rod vs cable) and the mounts would be different.

Swap options are:

- H22 or H23: Most common swaps, cheaper as well easy drop
    - K24:Fairly new but also very expensive but doable
    - J series: So fair I know of only 3 CBs will full running swaps albeit a little more complex but also expensive

I know these are dated but they're the basic help guide to the H22 swaps.

Swap FAQ

Common Swap information

Unfortunately no one has really come out and completed a K swap guide I know of one who did his but he won't even attempt a guide even after I pestured him to do so. So with that swap you're pretty much on your own as far as figuring it out.
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
      B16 would never work because it uses different shifters (rod vs cable) and the mounts would be different.

Swap options are:

- H22 or H23: Most common swaps, cheaper as well easy drop
      - K24:Fairly new but also very expensive but doable
      - J series: So fair I know of only 3 CBs will full running swaps albeit a little more complex but also expensive

I know these are dated but they're the basic help guide to the H22 swaps.

Swap FAQ

Common Swap information

Unfortunately no one has really come out and completed a K swap guide I know of one who did his but he won't even attempt a guide even after I pestured him to do so. So with that swap you're pretty much on your own as far as figuring it out.
      a J series would be awesome,but i think I'll try something a little easier lol. That's a little upsetting that the b16 won't work,but I shouldn't have too much trouble finding someone that'll trade for an h22. Is there much of a difference between the h22 and h23? Other than RPMs,they are pretty much the same engine,correct?
      dmfb919

Comment

Originally posted by chi View Post
        a J series would be awesome,but i think I'll try something a little easier lol. That's a little upsetting that the b16 won't work,but I shouldn't have too much trouble finding someone that'll trade for an h22. Is there much of a difference between the h22 and h23? Other than RPMs,they are pretty much the same engine,correct?
        H23 is obviously a slightly larger displacement minus the VTEC unless you go with a JDM version 'blue top' that come from the factory with VTEC.

The upside of the 'blue top' is that it's cheaper but the downside is if anything internally needed to be rebuilt you would have to order parts from Japan or another source because the bolts are standard vs metric so there are odds and ends when it comes to rebuilding that motor.

I've always stuck to H22 because it's an easier and parts are plentiful. If you ever decide to purchase a swap check out

HMotors Online

They're pricey but worth it. I've dealt with other importers but I was lucky because I'm within driving distance of one in NJ so I went and checked out before I bought it.
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I'm fortunate enough to be about an hour away from JDM midwest,I haven't ever heard any bad reviews on them and they almost always have H series in stock,i was gonna get a b20 from there for my last EG but decided to just rebuild the z6 in it. I think I'm definitely going with the h22,I'm not Dom from fast and furious,I don't get the luxury of overnighting parts from japan
          dmfb919

Comment

Where in Ohio? I'm near Cincinnati. I've only swapped a F22A6 in place of the original A1 in my 90 LX, but can offer help with almost anything on the car.
            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

im about 30mins east of dayton in west alexandria,help with this would be greatly appreciated lol
              dmfb919

Comment

honda

Damaged engine mounts can lead to vibration and roughness felt in the steering wheel. A rattle in the dash and engine area may also be heard. Replacement of damaged mounts will commonly correct these issues.

Comment

honda

Tip: If the engine speed is too high, too low, or stalling, the problem may not be the idle speed control system, but an engine vacuum leak. Check for vacuum leaks first to rule out this possibility. Considering a vacuum leak, a common condition is to find the IAC valve extended all the way out (closed position).

https://hedge3.org/academy/guides/pa...eginner-guide/
                  Last edited by Lena01; 03-31-2024, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X