Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

rusty 1/4s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rusty 1/4s

my 91 has some pretty jank looking quarter panels on it,do they sell replacement panels or do I have to start searching junk yards for them?
    Follow me on IG to see my builds/pics
    dmfb919

You used to be able to get whole panels from the Honda dealer years ago but now you just get smaller patch panels off of eBay.

Finding a car in the yard with clean panels is hard especially in the rust belt area of the US. Cutting whole quarters will be a better but expensive route..so the cheaper solution is to use patch panels but be mindful that the rust will always comeback.
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
      You used to be able to get whole panels from the Honda dealer years ago but now you just get smaller patch panels off of eBay.

Finding a car in the yard with clean panels is hard especially in the rust belt area of the US. Cutting whole quarters will be a better but expensive route..so the cheaper solution is to use patch panels but be mindful that the rust will always comeback.
      I thought about line-x'ing the underside of the car to prevent rust from coming back after I finish it. I know where a really clean 2dr sits,absolutely zero rust on it,but I'm not too sure if they would work on my sedan..its the only rust free one I've found within about 40mi of where I live lol finding anything rust free in Ohio is hard to do(for cheap),I've been searching for about 2 months just for a cab and bed for my truck. Thank you for the info though man,i appreciate it!
      dmfb919

Comment

Originally posted by chi View Post
        I thought about line-x'ing the underside of the car to prevent rust from coming back after I finish it. I know where a really clean 2dr sits,absolutely zero rust on it,but I'm not too sure if they would work on my sedan..its the only rust free one I've found within about 40mi of where I live lol finding anything rust free in Ohio is hard to do(for cheap),I've been searching for about 2 months just for a cab and bed for my truck. Thank you for the info though man,i appreciate it!
        Not a problem man!

2 door wouldn't really work only because the 'dog leg' portion of the quarter wouldn't match up.

Yeah I have a few friends in Ohio (Columbus area) and even they have a hard time finding decent parts. Although there is an older member (fleetw00d) who owns at least 3 of them and he actually did an extensive quarter panel replacement on his.

Rescuing Ruby

Note: Unfortunately because of Photobucket's sudden change some of the image links might be broken.

It's 8 pages but you can see the amount of work he put in definitely a dedicated guy and I believe at one point he owned 5 at once now he's down to 3.
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,

Comment

I skimmed through it but wow! That's some killer work,i can only hope mine turns out that good lol. If you know anyone looking for clean coupe parts,send them my way and I'll point them to my "private" pick and pull around Dayton,I'd hate to see that 2dr get crushed if someone else can bring it back to life.
          dmfb919

Comment

Sure man. I know it doesn't look like it's active here but once you break out of the beginner section you can probably link up with some of the locals.
            Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            Legend FSM

Comment

right on,i cant wait! I know towards dayton,cinci,and Columbus there is a ton of people into the Honda scene,and those are the people I need to meet. I was raised around a farming community so everyone I know is either into lifted 4x4s or diesel trucks,not many people from my little town care for Hondas or fwd cars in general lol,i'm aiming at changing that
              dmfb919

Comment

Working...
              X