sand upper lip a bit

make it flush

paint it

then you have a great lip

but looks sick i love it

92 LX N/A rust bucket restoration RIP
    91 DX Coupe to 9293 EX Coupe restoration
    funds for swap:$000.00
    Bought from:HondaFan81=My current CB7 DD ,CB7_Sleeper1 Koochologist Tommi mtnbikkerkid33
    Traded with: Wed3k

Comment

Props for an awesome diy! very informative, I must say.
      Car looks good!

You see models at every car show.
      But have you ever seen a model that actually takes the car she built to a show?

Comment

Nice DIY man, I am going to attempt this later on and this will help a lot

Originally posted by visualpoet
        some owners think it's the best thing since titties

Comment

You can bondo fill the gap line , sand and paint. It will look like factory.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

awesome write up man good job!

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
              haha go for it man! and I can definitely see it matching, your doublestacked lip looks pretty good and glossy in your sig! how did that work out, attaching the lips together? i have a 90-91 EX lip in my garage as well

it's pretty straightforward, you just need to have quite a bit of time to do it, it took me 5-6 hours to get everything all figured out and done. but the results are well worth it, IMO.

I found 2 CD5 lips at the wreckers today. Ran out of time trying to get one, so I'm going to go back tomorrow if the weather cooperates.

As for my front lip, it's all in the zip ties.

Comment

@megarock15: hahahah yeeaaahhhh, you noticed the gross ass bumper lip xD i hate that too, but how dumb am i to not think of sanding it! I took a wire brush to it, it had quite a bit more stray marks than now. thanks for the lookout, i'll do that sometime next week but yup, i will be painting the lip white when i get my car repainted, gonna try and get a Nissan White, or something blindingly whiter than this white haha thanks for checkin it out though!

@megarock15, konigstiger: bondoo, I'm so tempted! haha but i always have that inkling of a feeling of "what if i need to take it off? or what if someone tries to take this off?" and then the bondo and paint gets all fucked up lol

but yah, theres a slight gap in between, it's not irritating but at a certain angle you can see through it. I don't know if i wanna do anything about the gap, because then that would require somewhat irreversible methods. I'm all about "being able to go back to stock if i need to," the ability to add on and take off at will.

but... hmm.... it sounds like it'd look pretty nice if it was all filled in and made flush. i'll probably just meet you guys halfway: sand and paint, lol can't bring myself to bondo

@1badcb: haha thanks for checkin' it out! and thanks for the compliment, I remember seeing your car when i first came on here and i keep coming back to check it out, lovin' your car! especially the nissan leathers, nicee xD I'm tryin' to get some black leathers for my car too, and i'm trying to find out if the Acura CL seats would fit... or any black leather that would fit without me having to mod stuff, merely swapping brackets and using as much of the original holes as possible. no such luck :\ no one's responding to my questions about seat swaps, and that seat swap faq is so confusing, no one has a straight answer. tried to make a seat swap list thread, but no one's biting that either! lol guess imma rep my EX blue cloth seats for a while

@TEH_L33T_CB7: thanks!

@Juan4DCB7: fasho ;D it's a really good subtle visual upgrade, it looks like a much better stock. not too extravagant, but enough to do the job and do the job stylishly! hope you enjoy the process and the results on your car!

@crazymikey: oh snapp, grab them both! lol iono why, but they're hard to come by where i'm at, and i love having spare parts. so just in case you mess up one of something happens to one, you got another one waiting to be worked on!

hahaha sickk, would not have guessed!
                blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

very nice write up
                  -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                  -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                  -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                  -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

great job, like some of the other members said, fiber glass and body it up and paint it. might do this since my rear bumper is cracked

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

ouch bumper cracked?? :\ i feel the pain, lol

Comment

get some back to black on that baby to make it look a lil newer and your set to go nice write up btw +rep for you

Ride List
                        1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                        2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                        newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

Originally posted by blazenem View Post
                          get some back to black on that baby to make it look a lil newer and your set to go nice write up btw +rep for you
                          haha fasho man, next week after some midterms imma do some wetsanding and polishing on my car (gonna try and polish my bumper mouldings and side mouldings and stuff, got this awesome plastic polish by meguiars, and i used it on my taillights... it is absolutely glossy! if it works, i'll be stoked), and then back to blacking it afterwards ;D thanks! once my friend told about back to black and i tried it, i swear by it. it is such a good product.

Comment

I just picked up a CD5 rear lip today and going to get on with the install thanks to this. Now I'll match my stacked front lip.

Oh and above where I said there were 2 lips at the yard, there was only one. The other 94-97 had the smooth 2 piece rear lip.

Comment

Going by this DIY, you made it sound kind of hard and lots of work. I had this thing installed within an hour.

Took off my mudflaps, lined up and marked the bolt holes, made my cuts in the lip with tin snips, fit it, drilled and reamed holes with a self tapping screw and a screw driver zip tied all 3 pieces in place and done. Here's the semi finished product. Going to get a nice coat of black paint in the morning and clean up the cut edges.

And yes, I was working on this in the garage at 1am because I was bored lol.

What a great mod. Love the way it looks. Looks totally custom to us CB7 guys, but looks OEM at the same time. Matches my front lip now.

Now I'm going to have to look into CD5 side skirts.

Comment

got me a cd5 rear lip for 5 bucks today at the jy, but need some mud flaps b4 i will go ahread with the install, thanks for the diy, seams pretty easy with all your pics, btw, are cd5 side skirts better and cb7's?

Comment

Working...
                                X