No announcement yet.

King James : 1992 Toyota Cressida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FINALLY received the last few parts needed to get the engine in and hopefully running....so now its just a matter of finding the time to do it.

Hoping to have it ready to go for early August....though since my initial hopes were to have it running early June I doubt that will happen.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Wasnt really a super productive weekend....but got some of the minor details out of the way....was hoping to pull the engine for the last time and mate it with the transmission and reinstall then itd just be left with wiring and installing intercooler/piping and exhaust....but couldnt get a hold of the guy who I borrow the hoist from...so no such luck

Dropped the gas tank and installed the walbro 255lph and took some measurements for some mods that I need to make to the rear subframe to install the mk3 diff....changed out the slave cylinder and got the clutch and pp ready to install for when I get a hold of the hoist.

July 23/24th weekend im borrowing the hoist and should have the car 85-90% done....finally

How the cars been sitting for the last month....kinda depressing

Rear subframe awaiting the mods to install the diff:

I gotta get some metal tubes made up so that I can properly bolt the diff to the frame....good thing my bro-in-law knows a good machinist

Comment

Originally posted by King James View Post
        Started the swap last weekend....and gotta take back saying this swap is comparable to the h22 swap....the only thing comparable is with the proper mounts its easy to bolt up...the motor.....transmission....wiring....eveyrthing else is time consuming and you really gotta know what your doing

We got the 7m and auto transmission out saturday....then spent most of sunday hammering the tranny tunnel for the r154 to fit in and cleaning up the engine bay and fucking around with the wiring harness....and fixing up some other things that might as well have been fixed while the motors out.....Id say were about 30-35% done the swap....I still have probably at least another couple weekends of work ahead of me.

7m by Gossamer_foto, on Flickr

cress-7m by Gossamer_foto, on Flickr

cress-7m front by Gossamer_foto, on Flickr

7m-out1 by Gossamer_foto, on Flickr

7m-out2 by Gossamer_foto, on Flickr

7m-finger by Gossamer_foto, on Flickr
        Fuck the 7m

1j-move by Gossamer_foto, on Flickr
        only way to move a 450 pound motor

Heres the motor mounted (still has to come out again as the trannys not in and I need to replace belts/pullys/seals)...we just put it in to get it out of the way....and to make sure it actually fit as it was supposed to.

And heres a short video of the fun we had hammering the tunnel:

Thats my brother in law....took us a solid 2-3 hours of hammering....switching back and forth....not fun when you have very little room to swing
        edited this post to add some older pics of the swap...wanting to keep it kinda in chronological order

Comment

If I lived close to you, I'd let you borrow my hoist. But your in a whole different country all together. Slow progress is still progress.

Do you have any suspension plans? Now would be a great time for those while you have the rear sub frame out.
          Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

I should probably buy a hoist...but meh...I usually can get a hold of the guy and grab it off him...but last weekend was kinda a last minute thing before I realized I could work on it

I do have suspension plans...all of which invove replacing the old bushings in the subframe...but I have a 4 phase build planned and can't let myself get out of order or else nothing will get finished like my build with the accord

Comment

Lookin' good!
              My Car
              FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Got the motor in and mounted....trans in and mounted and clutch installed.

Now its just wiring....install clutch pedal and exhaust and intercooler work.....then shell be finally running.....hopefully have it done in a couple weeks.

Comment

I cant wait to see this thing running!!!!!! Im sooooo tuned in for this
                  I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
                  Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  My coupe!!!
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
                  Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

excited
                    1993 Accord LX - Sold
                    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Ive been slackin hard on this thing the past month....been living 2 minutes away from it for the first time over a year....and havent touched it....doesnt help Ive worked almost everyday this month and really doesnt help my commute has been 2 hours round trip....still...no excuse.

Ive decided to forgo doing the wiring myself....Gonna send the harness out and get it modded by a guy on another forum....Thats really the biggest reason I dont have the thing finished yet (well that and the machine work)...I just really have no motivation to do the wiring....fuck wiring.

Im also debating back and forth whether this is gonna be put into daily use....or to just put a shit ton of money into the car to make it fun, but not road legal, and drift/autocross it....Always thought a car is meant to be driven daily....but now I dunno what I wanna do.

Comment

Is that what I'm thinking it is? a 1jz?
                        Damn! It came a long way!

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

I see the OP hasn't been on since January....but I stumbled across this thread and was hoping he or someone could give an update? Did the car ever get finished?

Comment

James fell off the side of the earth .....

Sorry

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                            dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

Maybe he went from being employed on the railway, to being a hobo that rides the rails.

Comment

Ohhh ya...I peaced the fucked out for a bit.

Dont work on the railway anymore. Fuck that shit.

I am a bit of a hobo now though.

Car never got finished. My one real regret of the last few years. And thats sayin some shit.
                                Last edited by King James; 11-25-2013, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X