Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everybody READ the CHALLENGE at the TOP of this OT Forum .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry....im always busy and forget about thses things

will send out some money when i get a chance!

Comment

TTT, it's almost August 1st! There are quite a few contributing members now Let's keep it going

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7
        TTT, it's almost August 1st! There are quite a few contributing members now Let's keep it going
        werd, lets get there guys!

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
        Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
        NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

i dont think it really matters, etheir we are going to pay more now then we would if there was a yearly fee and let n00bs roam for free and ask dumbshit questions and not everyone would have to pay.

OR we make everyone pay a certain amount and n00bs get weeded out..
          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Since first posting this thread, we had somewhere around 3152 members.
            (The member count of 3152 was .. as of 7-13-05)

As of this very moment .. July 30th .. at almost 1pm, we have 3,279 members ..
            Thats 127 new membrs in just short of a month .. this site is growing faster then
            the pot plants I grew in Hawaii .. and for good reason .. its a source of informatiom greater
            then any site that I know of. Matter a fact, its the only site that covers
            our beloved 90-93 Accords in such a diverse nature from Coupe's and Sedan's, not to mention
            the infamous Wagon's.
            Also every aspect of JDM, EDM, USDM, and everything in between. I dare anyone
            to find a better, more civil site then what we have here at CB7Tuner.

Scrolling thru the pages of this thread, I'm proud to see that most have become
            *Contributing Members*

I'd like to *Sticky* this thread .. maybe more *noobies* would see it?
            Glad that we're almost there Deever .. let us know when we hit *pay-dirt*.

EDIT: phatdoughnut.. Thats just it tho .. *noobies* wont be able to ask *dumbshit questions* if its a pay site.
            If I read your post correctly? They can *lurk* and read, but wont be able to actually *post*

A Hui Hou !!!
            Tomi
            Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 07-30-2005, 12:18 PM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

well we have covered the advantages and disadvantages to charging yearly fees before.. and i certainly think there are more advantages. it is true that new members won't be able to ask those types of questions, but the board would still be open to them for viewing and if they don't want to pay to post - they would ultimately learn how to use the search feature for finding information... which would be awesome.

but the donations haven't been a total dissapointment. although we haven't reached our goal of $1,200, we have hit about $800... which will help with paying for the site for the rest of the year and into next year.

i'm just not so sure that member fees wouldn't have been a better route at this point. i think, if anything, we've bought ourselves some more time to try and straighten up the board (members and moderators) before thinking about a decision like this again. we'll see.

thanks to everyone who has donated so far though.. it will help greater than you can imagine

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerx
                well we have covered the advantages and disadvantages to charging yearly fees before.. and i certainly think there are more advantages. it is true that new members won't be able to ask those types of questions, but the board would still be open to them for viewing and if they don't want to pay to post - they would ultimately learn how to use the search feature for finding information... which would be awesome.

but the donations haven't been a total dissapointment. although we haven't reached our goal of $1,200, we have hit about $800... which will help with paying for the site for the rest of the year and into next year.

i'm just not so sure that member fees wouldn't have been a better route at this point. i think, if anything, we've bought ourselves some more time to try and straighten up the board (members and moderators) before thinking about a decision like this again. we'll see.

thanks to everyone who has donated so far though.. it will help greater than you can imagine

i think i've become teary eyed...

no wait, thats the onions...

steve makes a good point. so does pokalolo, its seems alot some of us are undecided about the fee thing. But like the man says, lets just see.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

i just think its turning into one of those popular contests, like in high school.. o lets see who can donate the most..

like now people are being classified as "contributing" and regular members.. but whatever..

Comment

^ yeah, but its not like that (about donating the most). most of the donations i've recently gotten are only the minimum of $5 dollars. and its true, it all adds up... but SLOWLY. we were coasting with the money the first week or two that we tried this "challenge"... right when there was all the drama with that one "i'm done" thread... and then it just died, which is what i expected to happen.

as far as changing the user title, i figured it would be a respectful thing to do for those who have given some money and hopefully provoke more donations. i'm sure some people might want to pay $5 just to get the user title.. but money is money. the announcement for the challenge will go away in a couple days though.. so i'm sure i'll be getting a lot of questions about "how do i become a contributing member?" .. which is gonna suck, lol. because really we were only supposed to run the donations for a month.. but now people are going to be wanting to pay just to get that user title.

Comment

as far as changing the user title, i figured it would be a respectful thing to do for those who have given some money and hopefully provoke more donations.
                      Yup .. I love the *thought provoking* it could cause ..and if the *challenge* thread by Deever
                      is coming down soon, I say .. all the more reason to *Sticky* this thread ...because,
                      *Noobies* need to learn the use of the search function, and that easy to use *tool bar*
                      We're not saying that they're ignorant, by any means .. I for one, am blown away
                      by how fast this site is booming .. 127 new members in just over two weeks, is astonishing!!!
                      Which again, proves to me that this site is very worthwhile, and time well spent.

I can remember coming here just over a year ago, and only seeing like 10-12 members
                      here at one time. Today and yesterday, we've had like 80 people .. split between
                      members/guests .. none the less .. it shows people are here, paying attention.
                      (Not to mention, there always seems to be more guests, then active members
                      which proves to me, that people are lurking and reading)

.. but now people are going to be wanting to pay just to get that user title.
                      ^^^ Works for meeeeeee Steve^^^

And its not a high school contest.. this is real expensive stuff to run, and I'll reiterate
                      what I've said all along .. Go subcsribe to a yearly magazine, that only gives you a tenth
                      of what is covered here at CB7T on a daily basis .. and you'll come flying back.

I'll be a member here until the sky falls. Because of the information, the knowledge,
                      the camaraderie, and simply because I'm proud to be a part of a *community* that cares
                      about a dying breed of cars.

Is it me, or has anyone else noticed how much is being brought back, remanufactured,
                      or reproduced, for our CB7's. I'd like to think that CB7Tuner and it's members, are single handedly
                      responsible for this small feat alone.
                      Hell, we even have our own members that are being very creative:
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=26802

Anyone care to put a *monitary value* on that?
                      I din think so.

Thanks Steve, for an awesome place like CB7Tuner !!!
                      Tomi
                      Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 07-30-2005, 02:24 PM.

Comment

man i love this site.....thats all igot to say.
                        are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

was curious if u guys can instill an AVATAR thing and an option to make THEIR own title. That way it'll kinda be cool, like DONATE for title change and as that member reaches a post count of 400 or 500 whatever then he or she can post an avatar within limits. This way, we dont haev to worry too much bought fakers or scammers as it shows who obviously hangs here or what not. But this is just a concept, and I'm sure there's many way you can do it. Plus maybe a small buy/seller rating next to our name so we can stop the scamming stuffs and etc.

I think you have to also calculate the amount in the event of a member fee. I mean exactly how much would suffice? Say you needed $1500 and we don't have that much active users. Then what if only those that are geuninely active pay? Wouldn't that still cut you short??

I guess I'm jsut throwing different points of view, but I am honestly very grateful of this site. I was not able to bag in on my sale but I will contribute, not for the title change, but cuz I really care. Though I don't need the credit..

MY IDEAS
                          -Buy/Sell Ratings
                          -MEMBER TITLE CHANGE (change title to anything)

hehe..
                          hahahahah

Comment

you guys are lucky that i donated when i had money to burn because now im broke as hell and saving every penny.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda

EDIT: phatdoughnut.. Thats just it tho .. *noobies* wont be able to ask *dumbshit questions* if its a pay site.
                              If I read your post correctly? They can *lurk* and read, but wont be able to actually *post*

A Hui Hou !!!
                              Tomi

i dont think you totally got what i am saying.. i said that if we all pay now Members who actually frequent alot, and come here all the time and actually contribute to the site, would keep the board going, which i am not against. but the n00bs would be getting away with everything scotch free, ripping people off and shit.

BUT that would give n00bs a free passage still and let them post dumbshit stuff when old threads are there to ask questions in and not keep posting news on old stuff that has been covered, i dont think all these new people understand thats what they are there for. if they get to lurk fine be it, but atleast they wouldnt be posting dumb stuff, posting in wrong forums, etc etc.

Comment

CB7Tuner.com Membership surpasses 3300 Members !!!

Congradulations to you Steve .. and to the hardworking Admins along with all the Moderators,
                                that keep this place running ..

This Bud's For You ...

Ho'ohele Pomaika'i !!!
                                Tomi
                                Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 08-02-2005, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X