how much paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much paint?

how much paint would i have to buy for the accord to paint the whole body? I did a search but i couldnt find the answer. like how many oz etc.

you should strip the paint off, polish the metal and put a metal clearcoat on it sorry im not much of a help. i can ask my old work for you though.

Comment

yes please ask your work. Im planning to buy some custom paint and im just wondering how much paint our cars would need to do a whole paint job so i know how much to save up.

Comment

All depends what colour u go for some colours cover better than others but a complete colour change between 3 - 5 litres

Comment

Dammit Jed... Why the hell woulden't you ask me... Depends if your just doing the outside or jams and everything.. Ideal would be to go with a Gallon of paint and a Gallon of Clear so that you would have some left over. But 3 quarts will do the outside + jams just fine... Hit me up mang..
          Automotive Service and Fabrication In SOCAL!! https://www.facebook.com/JLRFAB

Comment

cuz i cant a hold you basterds! hahaha.

so a gallon of color and a gallon of clear.

how much you charge for a whole body paint job dude?

you and tony need to get your sweaters....they're just chillen at my house

Comment

give me a call dude... i wanna get a price quote for what i need with some paint and minor body work.

Comment

I'd say 2-3 Quarts of base, and a gallon of clearcoat.

Alot of times it's cheaper to buy gallon/gallon, than it is to buy a bunch of smaller cans. And I find that if the paint is all mixed at the same time in the same container at once, the chance of color match problems is almost slim to none.

When I did my Accord I bought a gallon of basecoat (when reduced it makes two gallons) and 1 gallon of clearcoat. I still have about a half a quart of base left and about a half a quart of clear left. But again, I used a hell of alot of clear and base on my car.
                1990 Accord LX - Custom Paint, Dropped.
                Rockin' on Stock Rims. First and Current Car.

84' 300ZX Turbo being built as a second toy.

Comment

Working...
                X