Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Trunk Leak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trunk Leak?

Okay, so I was peering into the trunk of my 1992 EX Coupe the other day to see what I am going to do with my newly acquired Infinity 1252w subs and I noticed some water in the bottom underneath the spare tire. I know this isn't normal and was wanting to know if i'm the only one out there with this problem. My CB has the typical honda cancer in the usual places and was curious to whether this is the cause of it. I will post pics of the trunk soon and the car. If anyone has recommendations, I'm listening.

I know mine does sometimes through the tail lights...

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...unk#post173808

Comment

Leaky trunk is very common with most older cars as the weather stripping has aged, cracked and/or ripped. If your car has ever been in an accident the water might be finding its way in somewhere that you may not think. Best way to find the leak is climb into your trunk and have someone on the outside take the hose to the area around the trunk lid. See where the water comes in. If you have no friends or are just lazy, take the car through an automatic car wash with the back seat folded down so you can see into the trunk. This is obviously going to be high pressure, warm, soapy water.

If you find the problem to be in the weather stripping then see the DIY in the post above.

I know mine is from previous damage to my car by the previous owner. I stripped my trunk down to bare bones and clean out the drain hole under the spare tire regularly.

Comment

mine is leaking.. its through my tail lights... but i have heard it could be the sunroof drains or even the molding that is below your rear window.. but i would sit in the trunk and have a friend run a water hose while you check and see where it is coming from

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input. , I am going to wait for this weather to brighten up a little bit before fixing it. Thanks for the trim leak link. I am going to swap my trunk lid out anywho b/c unfortunately to put aftermarket taillights on. How I love Coupes. Pics coming soon. Hit me up if you live in the IL area

Comment

I have a leaky trunk as well. Sucks that this occurs, but I am to lazy to change the rear seals so I cant really complain about it.

Comment

Working...
              X