Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Wheel setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel setup

Hey, I'm buying myself a set of nice wheels.
    The question is, it CANNOT pass the fender, but I don't want to stay on 15's like now, it's stock.
    Can anyone give me a good advice on wheel width, diameter and so on? I don't want to roll my fender just yet. 16x8 ET0 sticks out too much.

Originally posted by Renz0 View Post
    Hey, I'm buying myself a set of nice wheels.
    The question is, it CANNOT pass the fender, but I don't want to stay on 15's like now, it's stock.
    Can anyone give me a good advice on wheel width, diameter and so on? I don't want to roll my fender just yet. 16x8 ET0 sticks out too much.
    A good way to really get an idea is to look at pictures on here of other members rides with aftermarket wheels (especially their build threads) and see how theirs look, not necessarily wheel style but strictly how they sit within the wheel well and see if they mention their wheel specs. This will also give you an idea how different tire sizes will look on similar spec wheels.

I think regardless of offset, an 8" wide wheel is too much for our chassis without rolled/pulled fenders. Stock size is like 15X5.5 so you could make a small adjustment to this and look for something along the lines of a 16X7.
    Last edited by Bunta; 02-10-2018, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Offset and width will determine how much your wheel sticks out. Diameter is pretty subjective. You may like how 20's look, but prefer how 17's perform.

Like Bunta said, you'll have to find someone with a similar setup.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Love my sig

Comment

I want to go with 16x7, with low offset. Idk if 0 or 15.
          Anyone running that,or?

Comment

Originally posted by Renz0 View Post
            I want to go with 16x7, with low offset. Idk if 0 or 15.
            Anyone running that,or?
            The lower the offset the more the wheel will "poke". You will only be able to go so low of an offset with a 16X7 until your wheels start to pass the fender. Also depending on which size tire you go with they may be wider at the sidewall than the wheel. If you want more offset and still stay within your fenders you'll have to go to a skinnier wheel like a 16X6 (if those are even made)

Your thread got me curious what specs sit flush or nearly so with the car body. Look up member 92smokeaccord, his signature picture is probably what you are looking for (as am I) and he told me his specs were 16X7 with an ET of +25.

Raf99's signature is also a good example.
            Last edited by Bunta; 02-11-2018, 10:40 AM.

Comment

I have been looking into 16x8s or 17x8s. But like they said above me offset is going to be key to determining the look and fit that you are shooting for.

Comment

Working...
              X