Mike1357 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
    the innovative bar actually has provisions for the beam running under the engine. I can't run it because of the design of my header. I just wish it had provisions for the front torque mount.
    Well that is good news about the center beam. I thought there was a little extension with two bolt holes on the Innovative bar, or is that itself the provisions for the beam? We just need to find a bracket for the bottom lateral through bolt.
    Last edited by af_1132; 05-28-2015, 06:57 PM.
    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

hmm i wonder if ESP just had a bad batch of bushings from their supplier..I too wondered about the small gap inside, but it doesnt seem to be effecting me.
      The metal part of their mounts are fine, if the bushings are causing problems thats an easily addressable problem since the mounts are user serviceable, just order some new T-bushings or make a jig to keep the sleeve centered and cast your own. The nylon bushing is also a great idea and easily implemented by a DIYer..to me the other brand seemed more flash then function and id rather have steel holding the engine then aluminum. if it was the apocalypse one could even mold some nice inserts from plastic grocery bags lmao.

Comment

I'm going to check my all my mounts tomorrow. They were holding up fine last time I looked over them about 2 months or so ago. I don't have a problem with them, but I also haven't been ragging on my car like that...

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
          hmm i wonder if ESP just had a bad batch of bushings from their supplier..I too wondered about the small gap inside, but it doesnt seem to be effecting me.
          The metal part of their mounts are fine, if the bushings are causing problems thats an easily addressable problem since the mounts are user serviceable, just order some new T-bushings or make a jig to keep the sleeve centered and cast your own. The nylon bushing is also a great idea and easily implemented by a DIYer..to me the other brand seemed more flash then function and id rather have steel holding the engine then aluminum. if it was the apocalypse one could even mold some nice inserts from plastic grocery bags lmao.
          It's not a bad batch, it's just that all the bushings are slip fit. It's fundamentally bad. Innovative isn't flashy, it's just better build quality and neither set I've had were aluminum.
          '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
            It's not a bad batch, it's just that all the bushings are slip fit. It's fundamentally bad. Innovative isn't flashy, it's just better build quality and neither set I've had were aluminum.
            oh thats right the civic mounts are billet..dur..my bad (maybe i was thinking hasport's?) anyway, so what makes inovative's build quality so much better,looking at the website for them, some look pretty chintzy next to one of esp's. fusing carbon steel together isnt all that hard, I think Explicit got it down pretty good. I still think that they might have gotten a bad batch of bushings..maybe used a different supplier at a point in time..if slip fit is an issue why are the majority of prothane bushings slip fit w/o any repercussions, theyre doing almost the exact same thing, yes some rotate, but lets say for example the front lower control arm shock mount bushing, pretty much the same difference as the motor mount in regards to movement. Also upon perusing their website, wuddaknow, their bushings are slip fit too except theyre not T-bushing's. Also the example pictures they use would lead me to believe that theres an even bigger gap between bushings in the interior of the mount. Guess that argument was just nullified.
            Last edited by illinois_erik; 05-29-2015, 01:56 AM.

Comment

The Prothane bushings put the bushing in compression still. Its a tight squeeze to install them. So when in full jounce load the rebound side of the bushing hasn't separated from the metal. The ESP mounts the center metal piece will just fall out of the bushing and the bushings will just fall out of the mount.

Comment

And Prothane bushings are almost plastic and the ESP ones super soft with too much damping so they tend to deform from that.

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                  Well that is good news about the center beam. I thought there was a little extension with two bolt holes on the Innovative bar, or is that itself the provisions for the beam? We just need to find a bracket for the bottom lateral through bolt.
                  That's the provision for the center beam. It really wouldn't be difficult to make a bracket that bolts to the same spot though.

Comment

Finished this small project, with the help of a friend, recently. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out given how inexperienced I am with composites.

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Not bad! You could always practice with fiberglass. It's a helluva lot cheaper than carbon weave.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Mike, Rilas just found out that Innovative will test fit a torque mount to their traction bar if someone will bring their CB or Prelude to the shop in Orange County. We are a step closer to having a bracket on this thing!

MRT
                          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Do it a I'll buy one.

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                              Looks good!
                              Thanks!
                              Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                              Not bad! You could always practice with fiberglass. It's a helluva lot cheaper than carbon weave.
                              This was basically free. My friend had some scraps lying around and wanted to try laying carbon on something with some curves. He laid it down and I sanded and finished it. I'm really happy with how well it turned out. When the clear hit it, it just looked awesome.
                              Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                              Mike, Rilas just found out that Innovative will test fit a torque mount to their traction bar if someone will bring their CB or Prelude to the shop in Orange County. We are a step closer to having a bracket on this thing!
                              I wish you were referring to Orange County Florida; I'd be there in a heart beat. I'm really looking forward to a more stable setup.

Comment

I am going to make Lucien go..

MRT
                                Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Working...
                                X