No announcement yet.

I'm back with my 2nd h22a swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's about $4000 worth of body work there going with a halfway decent shop. Are you sure you don't want to grab another chassis that doesn't need the work?
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I would source out another shell. Even if you used patch panels, the rust will come back.
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
        There's about $4000 worth of body work there going with a halfway decent shop. Are you sure you don't want to grab another chassis that doesn't need the work?
        Funny you said that i been looking into other cb7's To salvage some doors maybe bumpers. I found 6 in my area under 800 asking ... i really like my chassis because never been hit in the front and sub frame rust is 2 out of 10 and my windshield is intact... also chassis electrical is excellent. its just a mater of finding 3 good doors and a front bumper .. hood would most likely go carbon.

Also i found this

Last edited by jaykilla116; 07-10-2015, 10:03 AM.
        a person who looks at somthing and see it as waste is no person at all but he who see what it could be will suceed
        out with the old and in with the new

Comment

A few more items from the list

Making progress. So yesterday i picked up a brand new lower timing belt cover and gasket from Honda. That stupid gasket is expensive. Unfortunately Honda was the only place i can get it new. Both of these parts are unnecessary. I already have two of these covers that are extremely dirty. I tried cleaning them with brake cleaner, only to achieve mild success.
          So i forced out an nearly 80 bucks.. Then again my build is about clean mild Performance and restoration.

I am waiting on the ks tuned walk blocker, before i install the cover. The walk blocker is designed to prevent the belt from sliding of the belt tension pulley. Just extra piece of mind.
          Last edited by jaykilla116; 07-10-2015, 08:35 AM.
          a person who looks at somthing and see it as waste is no person at all but he who see what it could be will suceed

Comment

Update

. If you have been reading, then you know my car body is not in the best shape. I found a donor car, this guy is giving me first preference part out. I will be getting 3 doors, front bumper chrome moldings, and 2 oem wheels for $200 bucks. The best part is they are the same color.
            My main reason for this is to minimize the body work labor.

Comment

Been waiting for engine parts

I decided that i can kill time by starting mild wire tuck/ prep bay for paint / item deletes ac ,cruse control ect.
              Took 1 hour accomplish this.

And then my girl calls and wants to go out to a peir to eat... thats all for today

Comment

Here's the mail it bever fails makes me wanna wag my tail .

It's here. The ks tuned walk blocker. For those who dont know its prevent the timming belt from coming off. Peace of mind

They provide the jb weld in the packadge. This item is press fitted to the tension pulley with a thin coat of jb weld. Smiply by using a rubber mallet and rag to clean off any excess.

Last edited by jaykilla116; 07-13-2015, 12:47 AM.

Comment

I'm loving this build.
                  The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

nice progress you got going on here.
                    ~Nick~
                    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I honestly the comments.

I honestly enjoy the comments good or constructive doesn't matter it actually saddens me if I make a whole page and nobody comments.

All of my close friends thinks its dope . But they are all car heads.
                      Others scratch their heads a struggle to see the vision.

Some thinks its a lot of money to spend on such a old car.
                      And think i should just rather buy a bmw or somthing like that.

I tell them " i owned a g35 coupe for 3 years. My girl owns a 2011 c300 sport. I drove coutless facny cars. Any one can have that if you work hard. With my cb7 its a passion & satisfaction to create somthing over looked and unique. Especially when you do 90% of it your self. For me you cant put a price on that. But im smart about i minimize cost were ever i can with out sacrificing quality. This is something to keep to your family and pass it to a son if i ever have one.

i enjoy spending time on this site helping other members. As much as many of you helped me. And for me thats fun.

Comment

Same here.

I don't know why I love CB7 Accords, but I do.

Now that mine is up and running, it brings a smile to my face because it's so much fun to tiy around with. It's like an oversized go kart that's peppy when that H is pulling past 7k on the stock tach. . I love it.

Keep up the good work.
                        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

mail is here

The mail is here. Today i received my vms fuel pressure guage.
                          I ordered this on ebay. I paid $34.90 for it. It came with 2 types of fittings. As a surprise i received a free spoon key lanyard. I used the L shaped fitting. For installation i wraped the L shaped fitting treads in 1 and 1/2 layers of tread tape. Screw hand tight then used a 14mm wrench to tighten and postion. Next the same for the guage, but a 12mm wrench instead. This guage is
                          the fluid type , helps give an accurate reading under vibrations.

Last edited by jaykilla116; 07-15-2015, 12:45 AM.

Comment

kill time

Today i also moved foward on stage two of my mild wire tuck. I removed both fenders. Holy dirt cakes batman! Mad crud. I removed the harness from the driver side. I discovered my ac subharness can be removed. Also took out my power steering cooler and pipe because i am painting the bay. I removed som brackets and some dumb vacume box that was mounted under the fender. Removed washer resivor for paint purposes. A bunch of other things i stored all items safely in the trunk. I got a bucket of soap and a brush and tried to degrease what i could.

Huhhhhh! Really need an air compressor. Thinking about buying one from harbor freight looks likes its gonna set me back $200
                            Last edited by jaykilla116; 07-15-2015, 09:04 AM.

Comment

engine bay my new bae

Put in more work on the bay i removed passenger side harness and fuse box. I cleaned and sanded as best as i could. Then i started a black base coat until i buy a paint gun. By the way i bought a 20 gallon air compressor for a 100 bucks at some sort of tool pawn shop i found... i plan on getting the green paint from napa.. can anyone suggest a decent spray gun or kit that wont kill my pocket?

Last edited by jaykilla116; 07-15-2015, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Wire tuck reference book.

https://www.rbracing-rsr.com/wiring_ecu.html

http://www.wiringproducts.com/specialty-cable-ties

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=163221

http://www.connector-techals.com.au/...-plugs-sockets

http://www.mouser.com/Mobile/m_Search.aspx
                                Last edited by jaykilla116; 07-16-2015, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X