Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Alright guys here it is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright guys here it is...

My DSM turbo build outline.

Turbo:
    Garrett GT4066
    I'm going to weld up my own custom exhaust as well 3" from the turbo back, with ebay N1 muffler (no cat, res etc.)
    Piping:
    2.5" Ebay FMIC kit
    Self-Made custom 3" elbow and DP

Brains:
    chipped p12 tuned on chrome
    Innovative Wideband with full AFR readout
    GReddy MBC
    Boost guage, oil pressure/temp, and water temp (probably auto meter)

Tranny:
    H23a trans
    Action Clutch 2MD Unsprung 6 Puck (cuz I like it like that) Honestly I just like the way they hit
    New OEM Honda Axles

Motor:
    Bisimoto Steel Rods "have been tested to over 800 HP on a proper tune." "n/a or boosted."
    Bisimoto Pistons 10.5:1
    Bisimoto Level 2.4 Turbo Cam w/ Bisi Cam Gear
    Bisimoto Titanium Retainers (installed)
    Bisimoto Pro Springs (installed)
    Head PnP and valvejob(done by me already)

If I'm missing something please let me know.
    Please don't hate on my build, I'm only looking for pointers and things that have been left out, really looking for advice from people like LoDollar and BoostLee and others who have built extremely successful turbo cars, but any advice is helpful. Just looking for a streetable car thats really fun and can get down to business if need be.

My main power goals (since I'm sure that will be the first question asked) are between 300-450whp.
    Last edited by 91_CB7_Sedan; 12-23-2010, 03:39 AM.

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
    White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

i wouldnt use a h22 tranny.

Comment

Originally posted by sulimed View Post
      i wouldnt use a h22 tranny.
      Good point. Wow, I'm retarded, my gears would be nearly nonexistent...lmao FIXED

White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

H22 trans is nice, i hated my f22 trans when i had it, gears are way too long. Dont waste your money on DSS axles. stock are fine.
        also, dont get a unsprung clutch, street driving that will suck. Competition clutch makes a stg 3 segmented disk and pp that works great for under 400whp

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Originally posted by LoDollar92LX View Post
          H22 trans is nice, i hated my f22 trans when i had it, gears are way too long. Dont waste your money on DSS axles. stock are fine.
          also, dont get a unsprung clutch, street driving that will suck. Competition clutch makes a stg 3 segmented disk and pp that works great for under 400whp
          Ok, thats my bad then, I thought I read where you said that DSS was the shit, but nvm I remember now you said that you ran stock c/v's right?

The unsprung won't bother me man, I'm running an unsrpung stage 2 in my car now, and I drive it everyday. I'm used to them, and I really like how hard they engage...that's why I chose an unsprung.

Comment

Originally posted by 91_CB7_Sedan View Post
            Please don't hate on my build, I'm only looking for pointers and things that have been left out, really looking for advice from people like LoDollar and BoostLee and others who have built extremely successful turbo cars, but any advice is helpful. Just looking for a streetable car thats really fun and can get down to business if need be.
            I like your style; you have lots of great info on here, and help to back it up. Nothing better than being humble, and realistic on a build, unlike SOME other members with too much hopes and dreams for their own good. Good luck on this, and keep us posted.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Originally posted by cb7pr View Post
              I like your style; you have lots of great info on here, and help to back it up. Nothing better than being humble, and realistic on a build, unlike SOME other members with too much hopes and dreams for their own good. Good luck on this, and keep us posted.
              Thanks, thats the exact point I was trying to make.
              I've done/helped with plenty of turbo builds, but never a SOHC or a non-vtec. So, I figured that I'd ask, since I already know that I'm not the smartest guy in the world, and that there are ALOT of people with the right answers so I can do this RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.

Comment

any reason you are going w the 16g? If you are going to get an ebay manifold, why not use a t3 flanged one? I just think it will leave more opportunity to grow depending if your plans change, plus you wont have to redrill a dsm flange to fit the f series.
                16g is a great turbo for those using the 1g/2g stock dsm manifold to save cash, but i recommend a t3 setup if you dont have the parts yet and can spare the funds. drop the dss axles off the list and you can easily squeeze them in the budget.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                11.68 @ 127mph
                417whp/375wtq
                Sold: 8/2016

Comment

tuning on p12? I didn't think these were chippable.
                  go with a p06. That will get you in the correct arena.

Boost_Lee is correct, if you don't have parts yet def go with a T3 flange turbo/manifold.
                  Once you go boost, you just want more and more!

plans look good, when do you hope to have this done?
                  MadLab Racing
                  Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by LoDollar92LX View Post
                    Just a question, I don't mean to thread jack, but is the h22 tranny really better for boost? I always thought the gears were too short, that's why its used in N/A F22 builds, right? I just want to know because I'll be boosting in the near future as well. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
                      tuning on p12? I didn't think these were chippable.
                      go with a p06. That will get you in the correct arena.

Boost_Lee is correct, if you don't have parts yet def go with a T3 flange turbo/manifold.
                      Once you go boost, you just want more and more!

plans look good, when do you hope to have this done?
                      Well, I'm wanting to have everything done and tuned by the end of 2011-beginning of 2012. That gives me a reasonable time frame since I'm on a budget, and if you guys say get the T3 flange mani, then I'll trust your opinions over pretty much anybody else. Thanks for the tips guys, it's greatly appreciated!

Ninja Edit: I didn't know if anyone knew yet, or if I'm just the last to find out, but for all you high HP guys out there, SPEC and Clutch Masters makes a couple different twin disc clutches for our cars now...or have been or whatever. Not sure about any benefits or cons, but might be something to check out if you've got the money for it.
                      Last edited by 91_CB7_Sedan; 12-17-2010, 01:21 PM.

Comment

H23 transmission is a good alternative to consider. youll feel the benefit of the 4.266 FD and shorter gears a, without going as extreme as the H22 one. plus its usually significantly cheaper.

Last edited by cp[mike]; 12-17-2010, 01:33 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by 91_CB7_Sedan View Post
                          My DSM turbo build outline.

Motor:
                          Bisimoto Steel Rods "have been tested to over 800 HP on a proper tune." "n/a or boosted."
                          Bisimoto Level 2.4 Turbo Cam w/ Bisi Cam Gear
                          Bisimoto Titanium Retainers (installed)
                          Bisimoto Pro Springs (installed)
                          Head PnP and valvejob(done by me already)
                          Pistons..........
                          great stuff but where are your PISTONS?......man good luck !! post some progress pictures too.
                          +2 you do better with another turbo check this ppl out!
                          http://www.treadstoneperformance.com...Turbo+chargers

Comment

Ok thats what I thought, the h23 tranny is the better choice

Comment

I overlooked the pistons as well; please don't cheap out in that area, the stock ringlands are a huge weak-link when boosting

Glad you are considering a T3 setup. You'll save some time fitting everything since DSM setups require drilling the manifold, notching the block, and some modifications to the 02 housing to allow the AC to be retained. Not to mention running larger frame turbochargers that flow more CFM's than the 16g; you might meet your power goals while running a lower PSI. If you are trying to reach 400+ on the 16g, I'm guessing that turbo is going to get pretty hot trying to spin that fast.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                              11.68 @ 127mph
                              417whp/375wtq
                              Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Working...
                              X