This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO.CAL Restaurant thread

Alrightie...I always wanted to create a thread like this so here it goes.

If you guys have a suggestion weather its inexpensive mexican food to high price gourmet food please put your suggestions here. NOTHING MAINSTREAM (IE. cheesecake factory, lucielles, chilis, tgifridays)

I always have a format so its easy to read. I know you guys are lazy to put it, but it would really help us out if we are ever in town and we would want to visit these places.

ALL YOU CAN EAT:

Type: Korean BBQ
    what: Korea House B.B.Q. Buffet
    where:12118 Brookhurst St Garden Grove, CA 92840
    price range: ($16-$19 )
    Personal review: I just ate here 3 days ago, and I love their food. atmosphere is very roomy and has plenty of choices for meats. Price is pretty much average, but i think the service can be better since the lady barely refilled my water. (let me emphasize that they did not refill my water until i asked for it cause it happened again.)

Type: Korean BBQ
    what:Korean Barbeque Buffet Garden‎
    where:10051 Magnolia Ave # A1 Riverside, CA
    price: ($16-$19 )
    Personal review: One of the first places I ate all you can eat korean bbq. The choices are great during dinner. Lunch is okay, but thats how it usually is. My first experience was good. The second time the guy didnt want to refill the beef because it was almost dinner time. The 3rd experience was good. I prefer you shell out the extra change to get the dinner menu. I go here cause its the closest to my house in Fontana.

Type: Sushi
    what: Joe's sushi
    where: 9555 Magnolia Ave Riverside, CA 92503
    660 North Beach Blvd, La Habra CA, 90631
    5607 South St. Lakewood, CA 90713
    price: ($20+)
    http://www.joesushi.com/
    Personal Review: best time to come here is when they have their all you can eat sushi. there are hidden sushi items that are available upon request at no extra charge, but you'd have to remember what the hidden items are. I gave them a one thumbs up because of the hidden menu (its like the hidden menu at in-n-out). All in all the quality in the sushi is excellent.

DINE IN:

Type: Hawaiian
    what: Bali Ha'i
    where: 2230 Shelter Island Drive San Diego, CA 92106
    price ($8-$27)
    Personal Review: This is the ultimate romantic spot to take a date here. Have a waterfront view of the san diego bay. Request window seating reservations for free. Food proportions are abundant and for the price it is high quality food.

Type: All around, but mainly asian
    What: Seau's Restaurant
    Where: 1640 Camino Del Rio North #1376 San Diego, CA 92108
    Price: ($8+)
    Personal Review: Cool place to eat with a date/buddies and watch sports. Food is great and the proportions are good.

Type: Irish Pub
    What: Callahans
    where: 8111 Mira Mesa Blvd San Diego, CA 92126
    price: ($4+)
    Personal Review: Food is awesome for its price. Its a pub so expect plenty of beer. The one I recommend ALL to try is CALLAHANS BLUEBERRY WHEAT BEER. Once you have that you'll never enjoy regular beer again. Wednesdays has 40cent chicken wing night, I highly recommend going on that day.
    www.callahanspub.com

Type: Irish Pub
    What: San Diego Brewing company
    where: 10450 Friars Rd San Diego, CA 92120
    price: ($4+)
    Personal Review: An Expansion of Callahans (above) Food is awesome for its price. Its a pub so expect plenty of beer. The one I recommend ALL to try is CALLAHANS BLUEBERRY WHEAT BEER. Once you have that you'll never enjoy regular beer again. Wednesdays has 40cent chicken wing night, I highly recommend going on that day.
    www.sandiegobrewing.com
    Last edited by GHOST 2.2; 08-23-2008, 02:06 PM.

Type: Sushi / Teppan Grill
    What: Tsunami's
    Where: Huntington Beach
    Price Range: $10-$15 dollar entree's
    Personal Review: Whenever I got the spare cash, or when visitors come I always recommend this place. It is sooo freakin good if you like sushi! This place definitely gets two thumbs up from me!

Sold, but not forgotten.

Comment

type: Philly steaks
      what: Johns Philly Grille
      where: 16061 Goldenwest Street (near goldenwest college)
      Huntington Beach, CA 92647
      (714) 841-1513 Seal Beach
      Price: $6-9
      review: they have the best philly cheese steaks...pastrami...and sandwich called "tha godfather".....
      Last edited by blvs125; 08-16-2008, 01:19 AM.

Originally posted by deevergote
      Yay. You're an asshole.

Comment

type: Pho and rice dishes
        what: Pho Tasty aka Super Bowl
        where:
        19117 Pioneer Blvd
        Artesia, CA 90701
        562) 924-1838 (Cerritos)
        Price: $5-7
        review:
        Best pho place outside of Little Saigon in Westminster. My friends and I always go to this place and the service is great, food is good and cheap and you always leave full! They have a regular size bowl and a SUPER sized bowl for only 75 cents more. Great place to eat pho and traditional Vietnamese dishes.

type: Fast food Mexican
        what: Albertacos
        where:
        (714) 220-2292
        5894 Lincoln Ave
        Cypress, CA 90630

Price: $5-9
        review:
        Great place to order the famous "Carne Asada fries" which are fries drenched in cheese and steak with sour cream and gucamole on the side. Burritos are great also.

Comment

type: Cotixan Mexican & Seafood

what: Mexican & Seafood
          where: 3250 Greyling Dr, San Diego, CA 92123
          Price: $3-7
          review: Cotixan is a great place to get good cheap mexican food. They are open to 11pm mon-sat and sun to 10pm. I drove by once after a New Years party and they were open!!! Lots of people like their carne asada fries. Their burritos are HUGE, two people can definately share. My fav rolled tacos with guacamole & cheese, the guacamole is the bomb! Be sure to get some hot sauce if you order to go!
          Last edited by benjerman112; 11-11-2008, 05:34 PM.
          Freedom Is Not Free
          U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

type: Asian Food/Cafe
            what: Ledo Cafe
            where: 8158 Garvey Ave
            Rosemead, CA 91770
            (626) 573-8998
            Price: $5-$10
            review: Good food, fast service, respectful waiters/waitressess. great place to eat and then chill for awhile.

type: Cambodian/Thai Cuisine and Seafood
            what: Battambang Seafood Restaurant
            where: 1806 S San Gabriel Blvd
            San Gabriel, CA 91776
            (626) 307-3938
            price: $5-$10
            review: Good food, great service, respectful workers. Only downside is when you leave the parking lot because its on a busy street.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

type: Mexican dine in
              what: Casa Vega
              where: 13301 Ventura Blvd, sherman Oaks CA 91423
              (818) 788-4868
              price: $15-$30
              personal review: this place has great food service valet service. This is a good spot to take a date to and have the mariachies play song for you , tho you should call and make an appointment cause it gets packed

Comment

Type: American fast food/Dine in and drive through
                What: Burger town USA
                Where:
                7670 Cherry Avenue Fontana, CA 92336 (909) 854-4999
                760 N Archibald Ave Ontario, CA 91764 (909) 944-7901

Price: $3-$9
                Review: Its one of the best mom and pop burger shop. Im into eating deep fried mushrooms and zuchinnis so i go here. They have a great breakfast menu in the morning, and endless choices of burgers. i usually go for the double cheese burger with a side of mushrooms which come with ranch sauce. And the servings are alot for what you pay for.
                Last edited by GHOST 2.2; 08-16-2008, 08:55 PM.

Comment

type: Mexican
                  what: El Arco Iris
                  http://www.elarcoiris.net/
                  where: 5684 York Boulevard
                  Los Angeles, California 90042-2551
                  Price: $3-15
                  review: great food..have been going there all my life.Service. on parking..I recommend the Jesse's Extra special burrito

Comment

Type: All you can eat BRAZILLIAN MEAT
                    What: Rei Do Gado
                    Where: 939 4th Ave. San Diego, CA 92101
                    Tel: (619) 702-8464
                    Price: $20 lunch $40 for dinner
                    Personal Review: If your craving meat and starving, GO TO THIS PLACE. Its all you can eat brazillian meat. The chefs personally come to your table and slice off the meat off the skewer. The food is very good, and I have heard nothing, but excellent reviews. You just need to size up your wallet for this one. Located in Downtown San Diego. Take a date with you, she might offer extra meat after.

http://www.reidogado.net/ (click on meats and you'll see what I'm talkin about)

Comment

Type: Thai
                      What: Thai Lingo
                      Where: 118 N tustin Ave, Anaheim Ca 92807
                      Phone: (714) 998-3241
                      Price: $3+
                      Personal Review: I thought this place had some pretty good food. Although I ate here once, I can vouch for them. Their Pork BBQ is good. At first when you look at it, it looks dry. But when you slice it, its soo soft and falls right off the bone.

Paul, you might wanna try this place. I never had Kra Prao, but you can try it here.
                      Last edited by GHOST 2.2; 08-19-2008, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
                        Type: Thai
                        What: Thai Lingo
                        Where: 118 N tustin Ave, Anaheim Ca 92807
                        Phone: (714) 998-3241
                        Price: $3+
                        Personal Review: I thought this place had some pretty good food. Although I ate here once, I can vouch for them. Their Pork BBQ is good. At first when you look at it, it looks dry. But when you slice it, its soo soft and falls right off the bone.

Paul, you might wanna try this place. I never had Kra Prao, but you can try it here.
                        Sweet! I know of a place that sells it in HB, but that place is only open during lunch time

Kra Prao is ground beef, chicken or turkey (Your choice), mixed with green onions, thai chilis, sugar, fish sauce, and basil. As an added touch they put a sunny side up egg with it. mmm mmm good!

Sold, but not forgotten.

Comment

type: Mexican
                          what: King Torta
                          where: 4521 Valley Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90032
                          323-222-7006
                          Price: $5-$15
                          Review: GREAT food, service maybe a little bit slow but the wait is WORTH it. Their bread is made DAILY, so it's fresh. I used to work there for 2 years as a cashier (I paid off my CB7 working there 6 days a week, paying $150 EVERY WEEK for my CB7) They have lots of parking space, would be a good place for a meet and eat. haha

Comment

Callahans is bomb. Wing nights are fun!

enV this!!!!

member ride thing

myspace

93accordSE video!

Comment

Type: German
                              What: Mattern's Sausage, and Meats Co.
                              Where: 4327 E Chapman Ave Orange, CA 92869
                              Phone: (714) 639-3550
                              Hours: 9:30 AM - 5pm Tuesday - Saturday
                              Price: $5-$10

Personal Review: This is one of SoCal's hidden Gems. If you like authentic German bratwurst this is the place to get them from. My favorite is the Nouremberg brats mmm mmm good! Just grilled these on Saturday for an Oktoberfest party. They also have lunch sandwiches available that are good as well. German beer also served. Great little spot with great owners/servers who know their Brats!

Sold, but not forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                              X