Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Will This Fit??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will This Fit??

HI

I found some rims just wanted to know if anyone has put the same size rims on their accord and if any modification was needed and also what tyre size to go for.....

4x114.3
    17x8.5"
    et 35

they are brock b2 alloys from germany.

yr help would be appreciated.. thanks

yes they will fit, the accord's lug pattern is 4x114.3. no mods, probably some spacers. to make it flush. and ur set.

MEMBERS RIDE.

Bought from: DannyD , Night Wolf , CB7=91, lummieCB7
    Sold to: LITuner, rezist09, Pacman91EX, 93AccordLXwhite, PhatAccord, TheNextEpisode

Comment

will i need to do any arch modification?

Comment

^^^

Yeah, fender flaring is in your near future.
        As for tires, generally 235-245 is preferred for that rim width, although I'm really not sure what's recommended for squeezing them on the CB.

Abuse the search function a bit. If you don't have a response by the time I get back (45 mins), I'll do some searching for yah.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
          ^^^

Yeah, fender flaring is in your near future.
          As for tires, generally 235-245 is preferred for that rim width, although I'm really not sure what's recommended for squeezing them on the CB.

Abuse the search function a bit. If you don't have a response by the time I get back (45 mins), I'll do some searching for yah.
          you prob the kindest person i met here!!
          ive tryed searching but i got some ppl talking about stretching 205/215. i dont really want to do arch mods as i wont be using these rims all the time.

Comment

haha

Definitely not the most knowledgeable, though.
            Yeah I'm not getting a whole lot from searching either.

Whenever I need to get an idea of offset, I look @ timmy0tool's car. (link) His rears in the following picture:

are 25 offset, 8" wide, and on 205mm tires. Your planned set up with the 8.5"/35ET rears will poke out of the wheel well by roughly the same amount (difference of less than 3 mm). His fronts in this picture are 8"/35ET, so yours would be roughly 12mm further out.

Also, based on Tim's choice of 205 tires on an 8" rim, I'd think you'd be fine with a 215 or 225. You really don't want to go wider than necessary, since the inside of the tire is probably going to be very close to scraping the spindle.

Good luck with it. Do you have the rims already?

Comment

No I haven't bought the rims yet someone selling them on eBay, wasn't sure if they would fit so haven't bidded on them yet... But I think I will. Think they look good but will need a refurb and Tyres, but I could use the Tyres of my other rims that I took off for winter they have 215/40/17 Tyres on them.

Comment

I suppose you could just have the tires stick out, but I'm really uncertain about how that will affect driveability. I'd be pretty fearful of my fenders coming down like a knife edge on the treads.

Ask Tim about his driveability with that set up.

Comment

I'll see if I can get thru to him. But I don't really know him! Do you know were I can get a greddy front lip for my cb7 same as the one on ronald type r's?

Comment

Hi I was going thru old threads and saw a guy called revzcb who got 17x9" et33... So I guess the wheels would fit with 215/40/17....

Comment

With a camber kit, I bet you could make those rims fit flush. You're lowered aren't you? If not, it'd be easier to make them fit, but be weary if you decided to lower your car with those rims. IMO, I don't think it'd be worth the hassle to make wide rims like that fit. They won't provide much of a performance gain in the end.
                      R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

will fit with a good off set

Comment

Originally posted by pandacrasha View Post
                          will fit with a good off set
                          He listed the offset, and we've established how they'd fit. He was wondering what sort of modifications would need to be made in order to get them to fit well. Also, he had questions about tires size. Please don't post whore, you will get nowhere.

To the OP, are you lowered? If so, how much? And, are you using a camber kit? If you did this the RIGHT way using camber, etc. Then yes they would fit.

Comment

My car is dropped not slammed. But I got 4ws so I think it might rub on the back when turning, I'm in London so I don't think I'll be able to get a camber kit. I can get the rear arches rolled, and get spacers if I need them but not sure if they are needed.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cb7_4wsuk View Post
                              My car is dropped not slammed. But I got 4ws so I think it might rub on the back when turning, I'm in London so I don't think I'll be able to get a camber kit. I can get the rear arches rolled, and get spacers if I need them but not sure if they are needed.
                              4WS would make it even harder. I personally don't think it would be worth it considering the modification needed to make these wheels fit right. IMO you should go with something else.

Comment

Working...
                              X