Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Clutch wont engage...Slave cylinder distance or mster cylinder pressure ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch wont engage...Slave cylinder distance or mster cylinder pressure ?

How would i know if my master cylinder is not building enough pressure for clutch to engage ? Do i check the distance of the salve cylinder movement....... or what can i do to do a check to see if master cylinder is good ? any test ? 1993 honda accord ?

Originally posted by fonzee_92 View Post
    How would i know if my master cylinder is not building enough pressure for clutch to engage ? Do i check the distance of the salve cylinder movement....... or what can i do to do a check to see if master cylinder is good ? any test ? 1993 honda accord ?
    if your pedal works like it should all you can really do is check for leaks in the system. if air was in there your pedal would most likely fall to the floor.

i had the spring that held the fork to the throwout bearing break on me in an integra. kept it from disengaging.
    might be worth a look.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

might i recommend tryin the slave first! its easier to get to by far and if it doesn't fix your problem then return it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by johndenver120 View Post
        might i recommend tryin the slave first! its easier to get to by far and if it doesn't fix your problem then return it!!!
        so youre gonna return a slave cyl full of fluid and say that you didnt need it?

if you tried that shit at my store you would be laughed out of the place in shame for being foolish enough to think that you would actually get your money back.

but hey, thats just me being a parts guy.
        a real parts guy, not a kragen or autozone EMPLOYEE.

it baffles me that stores still let this kind of thing happen.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

usually if the master is out but the slave is good then you will push the pedal in and it will slowly release, then you will have to pump the pedal to get it to work.

if the slave is bad, the pedal just...SOOONK...to the floor and stays there.

If the slaves boot is wet replace/rebuild it...$25/$13...your choice.

If you see fluid under the master (look on the inside of the car RIGHT where the pedal pushes the masters cylinder) if there is fluid/debri, replace/rebuild it as well. $55/$28...again your choice.

I rebuilt my slave and need to rebuild my master. It's an old car...most likely need both. Don't return the slave if you do buy one...just keep it on.

BENCH BLEED THE MASTER!!! Or you will be bleeding that bitch on the car for EVER!
          ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
            usually if the master is out but the slave is good then you will push the pedal in and it will slowly release, then you will have to pump the pedal to get it to work.

if the slave is bad, the pedal just...SOOONK...to the floor and stays there.

If the slaves boot is wet replace/rebuild it...$25/$13...your choice.

If you see fluid under the master (look on the inside of the car RIGHT where the pedal pushes the masters cylinder) if there is fluid/debri, replace/rebuild it as well. $55/$28...again your choice.

I rebuilt my slave and need to rebuild my master. It's an old car...most likely need both. Don't return the slave if you do buy one...just keep it on.

BENCH BLEED THE MASTER!!! Or you will be bleeding that bitch on the car for EVER!
            so doing what you said, I replaced my slave just now... but my pedal stays to the floor. Before it use to stay down but not completely to the floor and in a few come back up. So what should i do?
            Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by deevergote
            Don't forget to cut holes in the box. Someone sent me a dead hooker one time, and that wasn't cool.
            Bought From: AccordWarrior | CB7lx91 | DarkShadow707| Tn_Accords | H23CB7 | Jack_lee | Fatboy1185
            Sold/Gave To: 90goldcoupe | CB7lx91 | Jas_r34 | F20accordturbo | BatmannamtaB

Comment

Originally posted by Shay91Racer View Post
              so doing what you said, I replaced my slave just now... but my pedal stays to the floor. Before it use to stay down but not completely to the floor and in a few come back up. So what should i do?
              Did you build pressure when you replaced your slave cylinder?? You have to pump the clutch to build pressure, just like when you bleed you brakes. You need 2 people to do this. 1 person vigously pumping the clutch with his hands at least 10 times then hold it to the floor. Then person 2 turning the bleeder screw on the slave cylinder when person 1 is holding it to the floor. After air is released when bleeder screw turned, tighten bleeder screw and person 1 can release clutch and repeat process. This took me a while. But eventually, pressure should build and the clutch should rise from the floor.

Comment

1991 honda accord clutch slave cylinder location on car???????

Hello i just replaced my master clutch cylinder and still nothing but straight to the damn floor so i just purchased a new clutch slave cylinder but know one seems to know where this part is located on my damn car including myself ans iam just looking for some help asap please if anyone on here knows where i can find this parts location please send me a message i would be very appreciative.

Comment

Originally posted by pkgotnos69 View Post
                  Hello i just replaced my master clutch cylinder and still nothing but straight to the damn floor so i just purchased a new clutch slave cylinder but know one seems to know where this part is located on my damn car including myself ans iam just looking for some help asap please if anyone on here knows where i can find this parts location please send me a message i would be very appreciative.
                  Stand in front of your bumper with the hood up. Now look at the front of your engine, just to the left of the exhaust manifold and between the radiator fan and the engine, at about the height of your mid to upper shin. There is a small metal cylinder attached there with a hydraulic line running into it from on top of it. The cylinder has a rubber boot on the left end of it, and a shiny metal rod sticking out of the rubber boot.

That is your clutch slave cylinder. The rod is the slave cylinder pushrod. The fork it presses on is called the clutch release fork.
                  Last edited by batever; 03-28-2010, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by plee3 View Post
                    Did you build pressure when you replaced your slave cylinder?? You have to pump the clutch to build pressure, just like when you bleed you brakes. You need 2 people to do this. 1 person vigously pumping the clutch with his hands at least 10 times then hold it to the floor. Then person 2 turning the bleeder screw on the slave cylinder when person 1 is holding it to the floor. After air is released when bleeder screw turned, tighten bleeder screw and person 1 can release clutch and repeat process. This took me a while. But eventually, pressure should build and the clutch should rise from the floor.
                    You can do this with one person if you pump the clutch pedal with a length of 2x4 and then hold it in place with a length of 2x4 against the driver's seat (adjust the seat in its track so it's at the right distance from the clutch pedal. A 2 foot length of 2x4 works well-one about as long as the section of your leg from the knee to the ball of your foot) Which is how I do all of my clutch and brake bleeding because I never seem to have anyone around when I'm doing it.

Comment

i had the spring that held the fork to the throwout bearing break on me in an integra. kept it from disengaging.
                      might be worth a look.[/QUOTE]

i think this happened to my car how can i replace do i have take down the tranny for this?

Comment

buy a one man bleeder kit, they are only like 10 bucks. makes it so much easier to bleed brakes or clutch.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                        member ride thread
                        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Working...
                        X