No announcement yet.

Post PICS of your latest purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always wanted to learn...... and learning is required.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      I've always wanted to learn...... and learning is required.

You finally got around to it!
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

haha, ya. It takes some getting use to! Day 4 of trying beads. Possibilities are starting to grow.

Comment

The center one doesn't look too bad. The others well... At least you can start bonding metal now though!
          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Crank up the amps!
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

lol. But you set your temp/speed based on wire size :P i see why there's school for this. Lucky i got a pro welding guy i can ask questions to. It's the thin metal that our car is made out of that is giving me the most trouble. Obviously ya'll know where I'm going with this.

Comment

Yeah.. you need a machine with both power and wire speed controls as well as a shielding gas. Fluxcore wire and a 110v machine with limited controls will take a lot of time and effort welding thin sheet metal.

Yes you set your power and amps based on wire size as well as the thickness of material being welded. You need more control in order to weld thin sheet metal. The cheaper machines can weld it. It's easier to weld when your running .025" wire and a shielding gas. That is if you want to make it clean and not blow through every 2 minutes or having to grind down the snots left from welding too cold.
                Last edited by GhostAccord; 12-23-2017, 02:25 PM.
                MR Thread
                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Big box of major interior parts came in from Colorado with the help of Dave aka CyborgGT.

Managed to track down a wagon out in Fort Collins and reached out to him for some help, man he came through for me big time and even documented the parts I was specifically after by taking pictures for me and once I sent him money for the parts he even cleaned up the interior carpets that I had been looking for.

Cant thank him enough for all his help. Man youre a stand out guy and real good dude.
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

That's community right there!
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

My iPod Classic, which has been a faithful companion these past eight-plus years, finally died on me. I feel like I should bury it in the yard and say a few words. That was quite a run.

Picked up a 6th-gen Touch today, despite rumors of the gen-7 releasing some time this year. I don't stream, and badly need something for the car. I can't say I'm a fan of all the extra iPhone crap that's on here (I'm really not 'into' phones), but it fixes my two main complaints with the Classic: it's now got a built-in speaker, and allows me to create & modify playlists on the go.

But now with the old one dead, and my never having uploaded my extensive CD library onto the laptop I picked up a year ago, I've got a lot of time in front of the computer ahead of me...

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                        Crank up the amps!
                        Ya, this! haha, in the end I did have to crank things up.

Comment

cf fenders

I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Those are nice! Are they Spoonfed or something else? Do you have a build thread on the Corrado?

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                              Those are nice! Are they Spoonfed or something else? Do you have a build thread on the Corrado?
                              yea spoonfed. im waiting on the sprintex supercharger kit to come in from bbm. just finished rebuilding the trans and putting it in.

no on the build thread.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                                My iPod Classic, which has been a faithful companion these past eight-plus years, finally died on me. I feel like I should bury it in the yard and say a few words. That was quite a run.

Picked up a 6th-gen Touch today, despite rumors of the gen-7 releasing some time this year. I don't stream, and badly need something for the car. I can't say I'm a fan of all the extra iPhone crap that's on here (I'm really not 'into' phones), but it fixes my two main complaints with the Classic: it's now got a built-in speaker, and allows me to create & modify playlists on the go.

But now with the old one dead, and my never having uploaded my extensive CD library onto the laptop I picked up a year ago, I've got a lot of time in front of the computer ahead of me...
                                How did it die?

My ipod classics battery is shit now, and barely holds a charge. I have a guy local who fixes them. Hes great. $40 and I have a brand new ipod basically. I have the 160GB one, and I can't part with it because Im one of those people who need to have MY ENTIRE library with me when im out. Streaming is good for that time when you want to hear something and don't have all your music on you, but there are also times you can't stream(subways etc)

besides im invested in it in that my iTunes is and has been fully setup for years now. Not trying to move to streaming.

Just wish they weren't trying to push streaming on us by not offering large capacity devices. That's why I never moved over to a newer iPod. They do not make one big enough for me.

As a matter of fact, I decided to go back to Android because while the iPhone is a solid phone, and I have not had any real issues in the 2 years Ive had one, the battery is shit on it already, and im limited at 64Gb, and I hate the keyboard. My old HTC One M8 has a bad battery, so for another $50, this guy installed a new battery. Ill just sign in, transfer my photos over, and ill be good to go. The HTC is much bigger, allows for microSd(have a 64GB card ready to install) and the keyboard is better.
                                Last edited by Ralphie; 01-24-2018, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X