How to get out PS Fluid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get out PS Fluid

Am wanting to get out my old PS fluid and put in new fluid. I can only get a little bit from ps reservoir as it has that plunger stopping me. Is there some known trick to this to get the stuff out below the plunger? I tried poking a screwdriver down there as same time i got a turkey baster but is too tight.

I asked my Honda dealer about this. At least in the new cars they just siphon it out add new fluid, then cycle it a bit and repeat the process. I'm not sure on our reservoirs as they have something in the middle of them. You could always just unhook the lowest hose and just drain it.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

You can disconnect the inlet hose to the pump to drain most of the fluid from the reservoir. You could also disconnect the 4 lines at the rack and let them drain. Make sure you use line wrenches, not just open end wrenches so you don't round off the nuts. Even crank/start the engine briefly to have the pump pull the fluid from the reservoir, shut down, then turn the steering wheel left and right to push more fluid out of the system.

Reconnect everything, refill, start the engine, turn the wheel back and forth, and fill the reservoir as necessary.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Ok thanks. I thought there might be some trick to get it out from top.

Comment

With the internal screen under the fill port, you can't suck the fluid out from there.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
          X