jdm92_accorn : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
    im coming home from april 9-12, ima try and get out that way. i'll let you know if i do. i cant wait, monday i pay for my head, friday i pay for my new header and hopefully it all gets put on and tuned before i come home. mmmmm all motor goodness. in reality i should see 175whp in my dreamworld im hoping for a little closer to 185-190whp
    nice man. people can use your car as a template for power out of the F series. its nice to know that you, HondaFan81 and MnDude are still around as the F22a gurus

Comment

the head has been picked up and work has officially started on it. next paycheck is getting the header and the exhaust. also i might be switching to an accord type r pulley i got, its almost 3lbs lighter than my stock one and it's dampened so i figured it cant hurt. my friend ordered an h22 out of england and he's putting an ati pulley so i asked if i could have it and he gave it to me. also next on the list is Mfactory lsd and some hardened syncros and maybe dogboxing the tranny so no pushing the clutch is needed to shift. im deploying with a guy that can do it for me. hopefully the head and exhaust will done before i come home in april.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

the head is in and d-day is on the 8th

Comment

the head is in and d-day is on the 8th
          and ill be waiting to see the new numbers man

Comment

With the new head and a tune, are you looking for that 180whp goal? Or do you still have other plans?

I can't wait to see you hit that mark, as I will be doing a similar mild build based off yours and Cisco's for the time being.

Good luck

Do you have flow numbers for the head?
            There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

the head is officially on, dyno tuning will be scheduled for saturday and the exhaust will be changed out hopefully on the 8th if everything goes according to plans ^_^

Comment

Looking good! Feeling the blades! -JOSH-

Comment

appreciate it, i might just keep em, i was gonna put 16's on it

Comment

well here it is, mild port work and a set of valve springs. i haven't got the header or the 2.5" exhaust yet.

Comment

sick numbers man, really impressive

Comment

Awesome, you're totally going to hit 180whp.

I was looking at some dyno graphs today on blacktrax.net, and from what I could gather, you might want to try taking out your IAB plate and running just the one blacktrack ims spacer. Seems like that yields a higher gain...especially if your iab's are only hooked up via vacuum like mine.
                        I've got the iab plate with blacktrack spacer on right now, but im gonna take the iab plate off and see what it feels like sometime soon, so if you don't feel like doing it, I can let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                          Awesome, you're totally going to hit 180whp.

I was looking at some dyno graphs today on blacktrax.net, and from what I could gather, you might want to try taking out your IAB plate and running just the one blacktrack ims spacer. Seems like that yields a higher gain...especially if your iab's are only hooked up via vacuum like mine.
                          I've got the iab plate with blacktrack spacer on right now, but im gonna take the iab plate off and see what it feels like sometime soon, so if you don't feel like doing it, I can let you know.
                          let everyone know about that one

Comment

Also, how's the vibrations with the balance shaft removed?

Is that intake an accord intake? If so, then isn't it 2.5"? A 3" intake would help. I'm just trying to think of ways to squeeze out those last 9whp lol.

Comment

well i found out the car runs better with 87 octane than it does on 93. the dynamic compression isn't high enough to use it yet. also the collector is restricting it alot. its only 1-7/8" and it needs to be atleast 2.25" but it would do better with a 2.5" collector and it also needs a 2.5" exhaust instead of the 2.25" thats on it now. both problems are being worked on first chance i get. im getting a bisimoto header with 2.5" collector and running it to a 2.5" Ktellar exhaust with a vibrant resonator and black dual tip stealth muffler. that ought to get me atleast to 175whp and 160wtq.

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                                Also, how's the vibrations with the balance shaft removed?
                                you dont actually feel anything when you take those off. the engine feels like it runs smoother tho. revs freer. feels better all in all.

well i found out the car runs better with 87 octane than it does on 93. the dynamic compression isn't high enough to use it yet. also the collector is restricting it alot. its only 1-7/8" and it needs to be atleast 2.25" but it would do better with a 2.5" collector and it also needs a 2.5" exhaust instead of the 2.25" thats on it now. both problems are being worked on first chance i get. im getting a bisimoto header with 2.5" collector and running it to a 2.5" Ktellar exhaust with a vibrant resonator and black dual tip stealth muffler. that ought to get me atleast to 175whp and 160wtq.
                                well do work son. lol. nice numbers man. i cant wait to see this car in person. hear that thing scream

Comment

Working...
                                X