No announcement yet.

2011 CB7 Tuner Kancamagus cruise thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone, sorry i havent checked this thread in a bit.

As some of you heard, the kanc was partially closed due to Irene and some washouts. There isnt really an official date that it will be opened but there has been an unofficial "target" set for foliage season in general. I am going to look into seeing which sections are closed off and if any are by-passable via bear notch or something.

To Henry - I liked psu as a meet spot last year but with the new planned route i am thinking Echo lake parking area might be better. It is the lot where we ended last years cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by scudweiser View Post
      Hey everyone, sorry i havent checked this thread in a bit.

As some of you heard, the kanc was partially closed due to Irene and some washouts. There isnt really an official date that it will be opened but there has been an unofficial "target" set for foliage season in general. I am going to look into seeing which sections are closed off and if any are by-passable via bear notch or something.

To Henry - I liked psu as a meet spot last year but with the new planned route i am thinking Echo lake parking area might be better. It is the lot where we ended last years cruise.
      I like the idea of meeting at psu. Good central location. Easy off and on highway. Then we can all cruise from there up to echo lake and where else is planned. To go.
      Kyle C

2002 Accord Sedan EX - standard- daily status

1991 Accord Wagon LX - auto - 304K & slipping transmission

Comment

yeah man psu would be a good start cuz echo lake is past the kanc
        back at it again

Comment

Ok. So who else is in for meeting at psu and then cruising north?

Jst_4_kiks (me, kyle)
          I-07 (izzy)
          Kyle C

Comment

would be alil ezier bro since peeps are most coming from south
            back at it again

Comment

i already asked for the 9th off
              back at it again

Comment

I feel bad for my dad. Bought my sister a $2200 Subaru from an old guy. A retired subaru tech, he had no lift. Seemed like an honest dood. It passed inspection in VT, how idk since they obviously never put it on a lift either. Now that I looked the car over, I found the rear crossmember to be unsafe..its rotted in a couple key spots. So basically, he got burned a bit. He didn't seem pissed but disappointed. I'd be ripshit.

Anyway, the CB had a hiccup the other day. Seems as though she doesn't like my fuxxking around with sensors...lol. It's alright now though. Gotta renew registration, have my nicer set of tires put on, and a rear hub before I can come to the meet. Should have everything done by then. If I can't make it in the CB I'll just take something else.

life is good.

Comment

ok bro
                  back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
                    I feel bad for my dad. Bought my sister a $2200 Subaru from an old guy. A retired subaru tech, he had no lift. Seemed like an honest dood. It passed inspection in VT, how idk since they obviously never put it on a lift either. Now that I looked the car over, I found the rear crossmember to be unsafe..its rotted in a couple key spots. So basically, he got burned a bit. He didn't seem pissed but disappointed. I'd be ripshit.

Anyway, the CB had a hiccup the other day. Seems as though she doesn't like my fuxxking around with sensors...lol. It's alright now though. Gotta renew registration, have my nicer set of tires put on, and a rear hub before I can come to the meet. Should have everything done by then. If I can't make it in the CB I'll just take something else.
                    Damn man that sucks. Always handy to have a second opinion when buying a car. Especially for a family member. Can you replace the rear crossmember that's bad? How's the rest of the car? Whenever my dad is buying a car he asked me about what I think about it. Sometimes I go with him to check it over. good luck with it.

Get to work on the cb and see you at the meet noah.
                    Kyle C

Comment

I'm about 95% sure i am going to have to work on the 9th.

Comment

Originally posted by scudweiser View Post
                        I'm about 95% sure i am going to have to work on the 9th.
                        ooh.........
                        back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post

You can replace those crossmembers, my buddy did on his $200 Legacy
                          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                            You can replace those crossmembers, my buddy did on his $200 Legacy
                            Eric, Yeah I noticed it wouldn't be all that hard. What will be is the hardware. Lots of corrosion, but the floors and rest of subframe are unscathed. I dunno what happened there, probably sat in long grass for some time before he picked it up. Even the rear diff and cover is alright.

Weird.

They were recalled, but only from 00-04 I think? As soon as he sources one, he's gonna have it replaced. I'm rarely around there but told him if push comes to shove I can do it in the shop. Keystone wanted way too much, the local Subaru dealer--well, that's a joke. I told him maybe JY, IF they already have it pulled. We'll see.

Zach, that sucks man...Well I'll have the day off, but am still uncertain on whether or not I'll take the CB. I'm thinking a nice small fall-time cruise is on order with ya'll, but maybe it's just too short of notice for a formal meet? We could postpone the meet date and just do something low key on the 9th until then.

life is good.

Comment

yeah but where? noah for a mini meet/cruise like wut go over to the laconia area again?
                              back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by i-07 View Post
                                yeah but where? noah for a mini meet/cruise like wut go over to the laconia area again?
                                Whatever you guys wanna do, I'm down for it. Just as long as we're not taking the highway LOL. My tires are pissed...and horribly out-of-balance. Have a set of 195/65's that are all seasons but kinda waiting it out since the snow is gonna fly sooner or later, and she'll need studded snows.

life is good.

Comment

Working...
                                X