What is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this?

does anybody know the name of part # 21 and 22 and whats it used for?

looks like an oil orifice for an h22 not sure though
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

I believe its a oil jet orifice for the H22.

Seen here:

and here:

Expained briefly in a D series:
      http://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-f...-write-up.html

I'm not 100% sure though, so you should get more input.

Comment

Yea after a lil research, I found out what it was. Do they come on JDM h22a blocks? Reason for me asking is because after looking at my block, it's not there and I'm not sure if it was there before I sent my block off to get built. It's not a big deal, just needed to know what it was so I could go pick one up from my local Honda parts dealer if need be.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpat93accord View Post
          Yea after a lil research, I found out what it was. Do they come on JDM h22a blocks? Reason for me asking is because after looking at my block, it's not there and I'm not sure if it was there before I sent my block off to get built. It's not a big deal, just needed to know what it was so I could go pick one up from my local Honda parts dealer if need be.
          It is on the H22 block. I'm seeing the hole on my spare block now.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
            Ok thanks bro

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
              Just because you see the hole doesn't necessarily mean that there was one there to begin wit right? I was told that only the H series engine to have it was the H23. Which would mean that the H22 didn't come wit it right?

Comment

im pretty sure vtec heads have an oil control built into the head. had this dilemma while building a D16z6, was trying to find the oriface that wasnt there
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                X