Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Motorized window vents.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorized window vents.

So our coupes have vent windows in the back. When I used to work at the Honda dealership we got an e46 with motorized windows in the back that would pop the window out. Like this:

LINK

Has anyone ever tried retrofitting these onto our cars or even the motors from a 99-04 Odyssey??

I've been around a while and the answer would be no. Don't think anyone has done this.

Comment

Very cool idea, I started looking into their shape and what would be possible and came across this PDF install guide for e36's that use them, helps give you a wire harness guide and possible to track down the relays that are needed as well. I also wonder if you could retrofit it to the sedan rear windows systems to make it easier or closer to plug & play on the electrical side of things.
      http://www.brianbernard.com/BMW&#37;20DI...ows%20Rev1.pdf
      Last edited by baracuda; 05-19-2016, 12:09 PM.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
        Very cool idea, I started looking into their shape and what would be possible and came across this PDF install guide for e36's that use them, helps give you a wire harness guide and possible to track down the relays that are needed as well. I also wonder if you could retrofit it to the sedan rear windows systems to make it easier or closer to plug and plus on the electrical side of things.
        http://www.brianbernard.com/BMW%20DI...ows%20Rev1.pdf
        That's what I was thinking if it was possible to use that section of the ECU that would have controlled sedan rear windows. I haven't ever messed with the computer or anything near that level of complexity so I'm not sure how it really works, but I would suspect seeing as all of our cars are wired the same, all you would need is to plug in the relays in the correct spot and then you'd have power to the rear windows, even if it is a coupe. This would be awesome and I would actually use my rear windows. right now it's just a pain in the ass to get back there and open them up. Not that I cant, but why? lol I also figure we can use the button section in the center console for a window open/close button. It would be pretty sweet.

Comment

it would need to be custom, i hope to someday figure something out because I would love to have motorized rear vent windows.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I'm so down to try it, just gotta order some parts and make it work. Can't be too hard.

Comment

In my opinion, making the window move in and out with a motor wouldn't be hard at all. Setting up an actuator and a switch is really a piece of piss. Finding the best mechanism for it probably wouldn't be too hard. I think the biggest issue will be these two points:

1. Mounting it in a way that goes with the interior and doesn't look shit
              2. Mounting it so that it seals correctly, as the seal would usually be "clamped", so the mech needs to exert the same or more pressure.
              sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Anyway, either someone did this a while back or it was at least brought up. I immediately thought "E46 M3" when I saw the thread title.
                Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 05-22-2016, 11:02 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                  ...I immediately thought "E46 M3" when I saw the thread title.
                  Exactly! The one i test drove wasn't an M3 but im pretty sure all the coupe e46 models had them and they were awesome! it was one of the things that I absolutely loved about that car.

Comment

older minivans had the same thing, I'm not sure about new ones.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Well if someone ends up figuring it out, a write up would be awesome and parts list as well

Comment

Working...
                      X