Crankshaft's 01 GMC Sierra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crankshaft's 01 GMC Sierra

This is my 01 GMC Sierra, I bought it in December 2015 with 19xxxx miles for $2600. It came factory with a 4.8 engine and 4L60E connected to a G80 locker with 3.42 gear set. The truck is a long bed and being so it has the HD towing leaf springs rated to 2200 lbs, this of course meant that the back end was 4-inches taller than front.
    Mods.

Engine/Drivetrain:
    Hayden HD RV cooler/rad cooler bypass.

Suspension:
    Rear 2 inch shackless
    20X9.5 Synergies GM factory rims on 275/45R20 tires.

Exterior:
    4300K HID kit with standalone harness.
    Factory style flares

IMG_20180413_181110 by Jesse Gonzalez, on Flickr

IMG_20180413_181342 by Jesse Gonzalez, on Flickr

IMG_20180413_181556 by Jesse Gonzalez, on Flickr

IMG_20180331_165745 by Jesse Gonzalez, on Flickr

On factory 265/70R16

IMG_20180409_152503 by Jesse Gonzalez, on Flickr

On new wheels
    Last edited by Crankshaft; 04-13-2018, 07:46 PM.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Future mod will include; 08-present front brake upgrade as they are 1 inch bigger than the 99-07 and suburban rear dual piston calipers. Install the Prothane bushing kit i have so it can freshen up the ride. Maybe a high compression 5.3 using 4.8 flat top pistons, my engine is still fine at 212000 miles with no oil consumption but things go down hill fast. I didnt list the Cherrybomb, Radio or interior speakers i replaced because i didnt think anyone cared about the small stuff.

Comment

Looking good.
      I like the small stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
        Looking good.
        I like the small stuff.
        Thanks Chris, im trying to keep it simple since they did tried to steal it once before the wheels were on there. I love my truck, i was telling the wife that the day when i went to get my wheels put on my friend kept saying the combo would look too small and thus stupid but after pulling the truck out of the bay, he simply stared and said that it was exactly like something i would drive; dont really know whether to take that as a shot or compliment hahhaha. Best thing is that the circumference difference is so small that my speedo stayed true and no mods needed.

Comment

Well the wheels look good to me. The lower profile tires make it look lower too which is nice. I’d just do a streetable cam with gasket matched heads, headers, & tune. What heads do you have?

Comment

needs a big single
            COUPE K24

Comment

Well the wheels look good to me. The lower profile tires make it look lower too which is nice. I’d just do a streetable cam with gasket matched heads, headers, & tune. What heads do you have?
              The problem with these trucks though is the transmission, I was planning at one point to upgrade into a 116 Cam or maybe a 112 to increase low end torque rather than making it over 36k the way it is now but I figured that a Cam could wait until I could get a new motor on there. The heads are the factory 706 with no coolant leaks(thank you Jesus), upgrading these things is not hard to do; however on my particular truck due to long bed I have the huge aluminum one piece driveshaft known to granade over 100mph. I still have the itch to drop the 3.42 in favor of a 4.10 since 3.73 is too small of an increase to be worth doing.
              Last edited by Crankshaft; 04-14-2018, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
                needs a big single
                I do happen to have 2 HE351 and a smaller HY35 in the garage

Comment

The stock/factory tune is garbage as far as getting the most power from these engines so without a tune expect very little.

My z71 4x4 is running 99-'00 ls1 fbody cam (highest stock lift cam) intake and catback the truck runs real healthy. Without a tune I couldn't tell much but the lose in low end overcame the gain up top. After the tune I was very surprised Larry really did a fantastic job on the NA and nitrous tune (which I no longer have or use on the truck). He also upped the line psi for the transmission which supposedly will help with longevity it sure is a lot better to drive vs stock even put'n around nice firm solid shifts and at wot im close to 6200 shift points real pleased with the truck. The thing about it is you don't have to go crazy to get real decent gains aslong as the tuner knows what he's doing.

Oh to add I bought the truck with 139k it has been modified since 142k'ish and now I'm close to 169k and hasn't missed a beat. Pretty built prof engines aslong as you keep them up. Good luck on your truck!
                  Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 04-14-2018, 03:19 PM.

02 Crv
                  02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                  92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                  Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Then again I can't keep anything stock for long even if it's mild or little tid bits here and there. I've had my legend for almost a month and it's was 100% stock and a one owner car when I bought it. I keep all the stock parts though.
                    Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 04-14-2018, 03:36 PM.

02 Crv
                    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                      The stock/factory tune is garbage as far as getting the most power from these engines so without a tune expect very little.

My z71 4x4 is running 99-'00 ls1 fbody cam (highest stock lift cam) intake and catback the truck runs real healthy. Without a tune I couldn't tell much but the lose in low end overcame the gain up top. After the tune I was very surprised Larry really did a fantastic job on the NA and nitrous tune (which I no longer have or use on the truck). He also upped the line psi for the transmission which supposedly will help with longevity it sure is a lot better to drive vs stock even put'n around nice firm solid shifts and at wot im close to 6200 shift points real pleased with the truck. The thing about it is you don't have to go crazy to get real decent gains aslong as the tuner knows what he's doing.

Oh to add I bought the truck with 139k it has been modified since 142k'ish and now I'm close to 169k and hasn't missed a beat. Pretty built prof engines aslong as you keep them up. Good luck on your truck!
                      Transmisión wise i just upgrade to a BIG cooler and did a servo upgrade from Transmaxx, I don't need the truck to be fast as I drive this thing everyday but some lower RPM torque would be nice; this smaller V8 feels like a turbo 4 Cyl because peak TQ and HP start after 3500RPM. I was considering at one point to get a 6.0 block to drop in here but these transmissions won't hold up to it, my cousin keeps telling me to do a 6.0/4L80 swap but it's easier to get a 2500 and probably cheaper too. Then again if I was to come across a Single cab with a short bed for cheap then it might be tempting to go crazy, even if it's just a Turbo 4.3

Comment

I also drive my truck everyday everywhere usually with 3 kids in the back, it is by no means fast but it's faster than it was and a lot better driveablity. It has hauled a many loads of wood, parts, livestock and bails of hay. To me by the time I did the 4l80 transmission I'd been better off to have the 60 built with a warranty from the same guy that tuned my truck, then again it's a driver I don't make a ton of power NA so I'm not to worried about upgrading to a built transmission.

02 Crv

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                          I also drive my truck everyday everywhere usually with 3 kids in the back, it is by no means fast but it's faster than it was and a lot better driveablity. It has hauled a many loads of wood, parts, livestock and bails of hay. To me by the time I did the 4l80 transmission I'd been better off to have the 60 built with a warranty from the same guy that tuned my truck, then again it's a driver I don't make a ton of power NA so I'm not to worried about upgrading to a built transmission.
                          I think 4.10 would increase streatability at the sacrifice of highway driving, I keep reading about people upgrading their converter to stay in the powerband. Does yours have the cable on the throttle body or is it electronically driven?

Comment

You can easily rebuild a 4L60 to handle whatever you throw at it. I rebuilt an older 4L60E for my old instructors built LT1 Impala in exchange for bay/lift time on my days off. She came out a little over 500 with a B&M kit, new drum, pump, and a corvette servo. Rated for like 450-500. Food for thought I suppose.

Comment

You can easily rebuild a 4L60 to handle whatever you throw at it. I rebuilt an older 4L60E for my old instructors built LT1 Impala in exchange for bay/lift time on my days off. She came out a little over 500 with a B&M kit, new drum, pump, and a corvette servo. Rated for like 450-500. Food for thought I suppose.
                              Well i already have the servo, red Eagle used to be the top clutch and friction materials; I suppose i could get a core and work on it on the side. So Chris what motor did you end up dropping onyour S10? Last i heard was when you asked me about a crate 350.

Comment

Working...
                              X