oneoffaccord : 1992 Accord EX (2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
    Interesting how Honda added this piece of metal afterwards leaving hard to reach areas for sanding, etc. One would think they would just fill it in with one whole piece or have the shock tower made so extend to the frame rail and not have this piece. Be nice to talk to the fella who decided this piece was needed
    I agree engineers are something else.

Comment

Since I finally have a garage close to me, I'm starting to get things moving in the right way. I took the hubs that had disassembles and cleaned them up. Still needs work but its way better than before. Friday after work, I plan on taking out the srs wiring and the abs wiring out of the car. I figure I can get that out of the way and easy also.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
        No the wing is not staying, had to use the trunk so parts wouldn't fly out while transporting.
        Booo! Wing it! Seriously, I love the WW Midwing, always wanted one.

Comment

Do work!.... been a while since i been on here, funny shit is our cars are in similar stages of work being done

NO BITCHASSNESS!

^^MY OLD RIDE
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3052591 <<**CURRENT DA9 BUILD**

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
            Booo! Wing it! Seriously, I love the WW Midwing, always wanted one.
            if you want the wing you can have it haha

Comment

Yesterday after work I went to the garage and did a lil work. Took out all the srs unit, wiring and sensors. Also took out the sound deaden from the dash area and started to take out the abs wiring also.. Still got more to go on the abs wiring.

Comment

How much do you think all the ABS stuff weighs ? Glad I don't have that in my LX.

That is all behind our dash ? Yuck I bet mine is starting to fall apart.

What did you do to refurbish the hubs? They look great.

Comment

Originally posted by dhill_cb7 View Post
                  How much do you think all the ABS stuff weighs ? Glad I don't have that in my LX.

That is all behind our dash ? Yuck I bet mine is starting to fall apart.

What did you do to refurbish the hubs? They look great.
                  Yes, all that was behind the dash, basically all on the firewall. The srs unit, wirng and sensors probably weighs 5lbs. Which isn't a lot really. But I can tell you the abs wiring alone is a lot. I took most of it out today but still need to finish it up. Ill try and get a pic of it tomorrow. As for the hubs I used a 90 deg angle grinder with a 36grit sand disk , then a lighter grit disk then a wire wheel on a straight angle grinder
                  Last edited by oneoffaccord; 02-28-2016, 12:22 AM.

Comment

This is whats left of the ABS wiring. This harness goes from the connector under the passenger seat (which is a big plug) to the fuel pump, passenger door switch and passenger door.

I left this unloomed because I have to run two wires for the power folding mirrors. I will run the wires first then loom and tape the harness then its done

Comment

Yes, all that was behind the dash, basically all on the firewall. The srs unit, wirng and sensors probably weighs 5lbs. Which isn't a lot really. But I can tell you the abs wiring alone is a lot. I took most of it out today but still need to finish it up. Ill try and get a pic of it tomorrow. As for the hubs I used a 90 deg angle grinder with a 36grit sand disk , then a lighter grit disk then a wire wheel on a straight angle grinder
                      I do not own any angle or straight grinders as of yet, or a wire wheel. All my money is going toward my first house at the moment. Hopefully I can purchase one after I settle.
                      This is whats left of the ABS wiring. This harness goes from the connector under the passenger seat (which is a big plug) to the fuel pump, passenger door switch and passenger door.
                      Wow that is a lot of extra wiring! You weren't kidding.
                      This may really help other guys that are trying to eliminate the ABS completely. Some people need pictures to attempt a project.

Interested in seeing the power folding mirrors up and running. Good luck with the wiring.

Comment

Originally posted by dhill_cb7 View Post
                        I do not own any angle or straight grinders as of yet, or a wire wheel. All my money is going toward my first house at the moment. Hopefully I can purchase one after I settle.

Wow that is a lot of extra wiring! You weren't kidding.
                        This may really help other guys that are trying to eliminate the ABS completely. Some people need pictures to attempt a project.

Interested in seeing the power folding mirrors up and running. Good luck with the wiring.
                        Since I'm a auto tech I have all the tools to get the job done. Wire wheels you can get from harbor freight for $3.99. they suck to be honest but they are good for the price.

The power folding mirrors I had before so wiring isn't a problem its just the hassle of getting the wiring diaghram. Like I said before I'm going to see if I can get the pics of the abs wiring. If not tonight but deff tomorrow night.

Comment

Took the windshield out last week, finally gotten around to get off all the glue and seam sealer at the bottom of the windshield. Next ill spray some self etching primer and go from there. I will have more pics tonight

Comment

Half of the abs wiring

This is left door harness which goes to the fuse box branches to the middle of the car and to the back of the car, (radio, tails, etc)

Last edited by oneoffaccord; 03-01-2016, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Fuel lines and brake lines. I will only be using the factory supply and return lines. The rest of the lines will be remade, only running one brake line with a t fitting out back.

Bottom of both windshield/frame rail joints. going to apply fresh seam sealer then prime the whole windshield area.

Comment

I ended up priming the windshield area with self-etching primer. Then I sprayed both shock towers, firewall and windshield area with 2k urethane primer. Fixed the hole on the drivers side shock tower, reprimed again. Added a lil filler to both sides again to smooth it out. What a process, now I know why I wont shave a bay again

Comment

Working...
                                X