Neptune RTP / Demon V2 OR Hondata s300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neptune RTP / Demon V2 OR Hondata s300

Looking for all opinions here...what do you guys prefer?

Any good stories or experiences?

Any bad experiences?

I have been researching on the Neptune & it seems like it's a pretty good tuning system to use. So I am leaning more towards the Neptune.

I actually already have a P28 so I was just seeing what others have gone with.

**Extra note about the Hondata I was reading that the basemap for the H22 is not too accurate to start off with? This is just what I was reading off of the hondata forum.
    Keep Pushing..

I wouldn't make a decision one way or the other based on readily available base maps. The Hondata S300 v3 is extremely user-friendly and comes with a wealth of knowledge on their online forums. It has a somewhat high up-front cost in comparison with the other "chip" options, but most will tell you is the best option for novice and experienced tuners, alike.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

If you are tuning yourself, with limited experience, go Hondata.

If you are not, ask the tuner what software they prefer and go that route.
      Originally posted by wed3k
      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Based on Novice experience Hondata S300 V3 is very user friendly. Its easy to get base maps and street tune yours ca.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Thanks guys I appreciate your opinions.

What about actually installing the Hondata chip? How hard is that to do? Or how do you guys go about doing that?

I see that come places do installations if you send in the ECU. $60 isn't bad for the sake of knowing it was professionally done correctly I would think.
          Last edited by G. Wiffington; 11-03-2017, 10:27 AM.
          Keep Pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by G. Wiffington View Post
            Thanks guys I appreciate your opinions.

What about actually installing the Hondata chip? How hard is that to do? Or how do you guys go about doing that?

I see that come places do installations if you send in the ECU. $60 isn't bad for the sake of knowing it was professionally done correctly I would think.
            The ecu (P28,P72,etc...) needs to be socketed for the chip. You can do that if you know what you are doing but it's best to have it done by professionals. once that is done the [Hondata] chip simply plugs into the sockets. You will also need a port cut out from the side of the ECU case so you can connect the cord which allows you to connect a laptop to the chip within the ECU. The same people who socket the ecu (if you go with a reputable dealer) can do this for you as well.

Comment

Thanks Bunta. I was looking on hamotorsports.com on the process to install everything. Looks pretty tedious but definitely doable. I think I might just pay to have a professional do it since the ECU is so important & I would not want to chance it. Thanks.
              Keep Pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by G. Wiffington View Post
                Thanks Bunta. I was looking on hamotorsports.com on the process to install everything. Looks pretty tedious but definitely doable. I think I might just pay to have a professional do it since the ECU is so important & I would not want to chance it. Thanks.
                This is the company that I purchased my socketed P72 from and everything was done correctly. Just make sure you order the correct ECU/chip, I'm guessing that you'll need the VTEC function and there is a specific setup for that.

Comment

Working...
                X