Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Oil Smell w/ New Timing belt & Full Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Smell w/ New Timing belt & Full Exhaust

My cb7s original f22a1 is still running strong with 273K miles. I recently had my car in at a local shop i go to (very very cheap but questionable work) for a new body & paint job and a new Timing Belt. Immediately after getting the car home i installed my new complete stainless exhaust i got on ebay before i even started driving it.. new header test pipe & catback. I immediately noticed the valve cover gasket wasnt seated correctly and was spitting oil out everywhere so the next day i installed a brand new gasket, spark plug seals, NGK plugs, and new bolt grommets.. leak fixed. of course with a new exhaust and oil burn-off I disregarded the smell but it's been almost 2 weeks now and ive cleaned everything up.. my car smells like its burning oil and can be detected from the drivers seat fairly badly every time i drive it. It smells like the b20a5 in my old lude that was using a quart every 100 miles, but it fortunately isn't using any more oil than when I got it (0.5-1qt max /1000mi) It didnt do this oil burning smell at all until the new T-belt & exhaust. I bolted up the entire exhaust with strenuous care and there's no way its leaking. My oil level isn't noticably dropping ive been keeping a close eye on it.. but i have noticed a slight decrease in mpg's (horrible mpg's if the silencer is in the muffler) I also noticed the T-belt probably isnt as tight as it should be when i had the VC off. Is it possible that what im smelling is the engine running rich and my timing belt wasnt put on correctly? Any ideas?
    Last edited by KW3gLuderInaCB7; 10-11-2011, 12:38 PM.
    90 LX 5spd 2dr (2011-2014)
    93 EX 5spd 2dr (2013-2015)
    92 LX 5spd 2dr (2015-present)

If anyone has any input id appreciate it... if this timing belt was done wrong i need to figure it out soon

Comment

is the car smoking? no? ok then did you install new gaskets on your exhaust system? the timing is correct if there is NO power loss, hesitation upon cold start or sputtering upon acceleration. thats the best i can think of at this hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokomp View Post
        is the car smoking? no? ok then did you install new gaskets on your exhaust system? the timing is correct if there is NO power loss, hesitation upon cold start or sputtering upon acceleration. thats the best i can think of at this hour.
        Not Smoking, Oil Level staying noticbly normal, Installed all exhaust gaskets properly, No power loss whatsoever, Runs smooth. Jumpy idle when cold but it did that b4.. no hesitation tho.
        Slight decrease in mpgs but not horrid... & shouldnt my mpgs be a little better with the better flowing exhaust?

Comment

Working...
        X