Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refer to my Bella MRT, I have BB4 seats in my accord.
    The CB7 Collector.
    Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
    92 LX Coupe F22A1
    2013 Toyota Corolla S
    92 EX Sedan F22A1
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
      To get BB4 seats to fit I used a grinder/de-burrer for the widening and I would suggest some black paint to prevent rust and round things out. One thing to note is that you will need a longer 14mm bolt as well as a nut so that you can space out the front of one of the rails so that both rails sit parallel.

I liked using the Accord rails because it allowed for me to use the little caps that cover up the bolts as well as the side finishers. Makes the seat look like it belongs in the car rather than being transplanted in.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6172/gedc0484c.jpg
      Do you find that the seats sit really reclined compared to the OEM Accord seats? I had the same seats mounted in the same method and always wished they sat just a little less reclined.

Originally posted by WP'sFinest View Post
      Did they make this seat in a tan leather?
      Originally posted by JoshM View Post
      To add a further bit of information, those seats were only available in the Prelude SE model, which was basically a Prelude Si (non-VTEC) with special wheels and tan leather. If I'm not mistaken, the Prelude SE was only available in 1995.

Comment

These were my findings today. I tried to get Legend coupe rear seats to fit into an Accord coupe at the junkyard and was largely unsuccessful.

Here is the general appearance of both seats set into place. If you look closely you can see the apparent issues.

You can't easily tell from this picture but right behind that metal loop is the hole that it's supposed to slide into. It's roughly 3/4 of an inch in front of those holes. They do line up and I could have installed them but the junkyards around here remove all the fuel pumps from these cars. So, needless to say they maul the lower back seats to get to them and these weren't perfectly straight anymore. If I had worked at it I could have put these loops into the holes.

But, as you can see it wouldn't have mattered much. I would have been able to slide the bench cushion back 1-inch tops and it wouldn't come close to making up the 8 or 9 inches difference in seat depths.

Once the upper cushion is installed you see other issues. This seat includes the side bolsters that the Accord coupe seat does not. This makes it too wide of a fit and won't clear the side panels on either side.

Finally, because this seat is not designed to fold down it does not have a lip on the back to catch the rear deck. So a large gap is created.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

If someone can refresh my memory acura cl leathers are a direct bolt up for front? Also what about TL rear seats? are the a direct bolt in for rear seats in a four door? I am looking to go with black leathers this summer but am trying to avoid fabrication for seat rails and swapping rails etc etc.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

Originally posted by redlined302 View Post
            If someone can refresh my memory acura cl leathers are a direct bolt up for front? Also what about TL rear seats? are the a direct bolt in for rear seats in a four door? I am looking to go with black leathers this summer but am trying to avoid fabrication for seat rails and swapping rails etc etc.
            Yes 97-99 Acura CL front seats fit directly but if you have a 90 or 91 you have to change a few things to bolt up the seat belts. I just did the front seats in my car and I changed the inside rail to the accord rail on the passengers side and on the drivers side I fabricated a bracket for the seat belt. I believe I read that the rear bottom seat fits correct but the top rear seat a few things have to be changed and they don't latch still. I'm not sure about the TL seats.
            [/url]

Comment

So ive been searching but cant find out how difficut it is to fit front Leather RSX seats in, just pics. Anybody know how much customization needs to be done?? Thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blk91coupe View Post
                Yes 97-99 Acura CL front seats fit directly but if you have a 90 or 91 you have to change a few things to bolt up the seat belts. I just did the front seats in my car and I changed the inside rail to the accord rail on the passengers side and on the drivers side I fabricated a bracket for the seat belt. I believe I read that the rear bottom seat fits correct but the top rear seat a few things have to be changed and they don't latch still. I'm not sure about the TL seats.
                Reps given. Thanks for the info and luckily i have a 93 so hopefully I wont run into any of that

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

Originally posted by itstatcb7kid707 View Post
                  Replica Recaros i finally have a matching set of front seats lol

Hey bro i was wondering what seat rails did you use?

Comment

I realize that you assume this has been answered.

But, do 2001 accord coupe front seats fit in a 91 sedan.
                    I am just looking at the front. I will get the rear recovered.

I was going to go the cl1 recaro route but I don't think the rear will fit.

thanks

steve

91 have the autobelts

Comment

i know this is an old thread just wanted to add lol Just installed 2003 Acura CL-S Driver and passenger seats.

Modifications: Front bolts line up, Rear needs new holes and threaded. Nice little upgrade for power seats.

Comment

I'll add a photo of my 02-04 RSX leather seats into the mix. These fit surprisingly well. All the brackets were in the same orientation, just had to drill out the rivets and spotwelds holding them in and reweld them a little bit wider to match up with the CB7 floor bolt pattern.

Got the seats for 180, sold an airbag modulator off the D/S for 45 and payed a guy 150 to fabricate and weld up the 8 brackets in the correct orientation. I can now slide them back/forth and adjust the height without it hitting the roof.

I also found black buckles from and Acura Vigor and swapped those out with the maroon ones.

^^Driver side has adjustable height and lumbar too! which I think is a cool feature.

With JDM Highrise armrest
                        Last edited by Losiracer2; 01-04-2015, 08:59 AM.

member's ride thread
                        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                        91 Accord SE 176k
                        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Just picked up some 7th gen (2003-2007) black leather, power-heated seats. Going to try to fit them tomorrow and see what happens!

Comment

I bolted CL-S backrests to my accord rails with vigor black leather cushions. my seats remain manual and ridiculously low to the ground hehe
                            blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Type R recaro... got a pair for a steal from a local guy who couldn't sell them online, not much of a honda market here. Wedge bracket to bolt to the floor, but it really needs a boost, it's way too low.

Comment

6th gen accord coupe seats DO NOT fit (without modification) in a cb7 sedan.
                                the 6th gen rail toward the middle of the vehicle mounts to the tunnel and not to the floor like the 4th and 5th gen acccords.

it may be possible to swap the rails because their pattern appears to be the same but i was unable to attempt this due to stubborn bolts at the junker.
                                frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Working...
                                X