Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone wanna move next door to me? My neighbor's house is for sale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
    Oh I have heard good things about Mantua but haven't heard about Pittman or Sewell!

I do know that Rowan University has been very popular as of late. See that name everywhere so they must be doing something right!

Even In 2-3 years, if the market does go up, it won't be so drastic that you shouldn't be able to find something in your price range!

We have also discussed moving out of state as well. I actually just had a long convo with Yaw about NC as he loves his area. I would have to transfer since I work for the Feds and it would have to be worthwhile(although down south you can take around a 22% paycut and still maintain your current quality of life)

My wifes parents are here in NYC and I don't really associate with my own family, so its just them basically. Her parents might retire out of the NE, but her sister makes over 80k a year as an X-ray tech in Manhattan, so I doubt she will ever leave this area and they are close so my wife isn't going anywhere.

I, too, would not mind commuting. Shit, I do it now. I am hoping to move into investigative work with either the Department of Labor or the U.S. Attorney's office. I might end up in NYC, which is commutable, but they do have openings in NJ(Newark, Marlton, Mountainside etc) so I might luck out and land a job that is not too far.

Plus if I get in with the U.S. Attorney's office, I get a take home car so that would rock really hard.
    I should look into that work myself. A decade of investigative work under my belt, plus an MBA... should be attractive to them! I'm not far from Marlton. My mom used to live there, even. That would be an awesome gig!

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
    Join the Masshole ranks! You like it up here!
    I did seriously consider it at one time! The cost of living is pretty high, though. Your house would've been SO much cheaper down here!
    If we ever move out of state, I'm honestly not sure where I'd want to go.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

Anyway, we're looking mainly in Pitman, Sewell, and Mantua. Pitman and Sewell border Glassboro, which is home to Rowan University.
      Going further south, huh Mike?

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post

We have also discussed moving out of state as well. I actually just had a long convo with Yaw about NC as he loves his area. I would have to transfer since I work for the Feds and it would have to be worthwhile(although down south you can take around a 22% paycut and still maintain your current quality of life)
      Yeah cost of living in NC compared to NJ is crazy. It's where I am from. It's warmer, shit is cheap and the tea is sweet. NJ house prices baffle me.
      Gary A.K.A. Carter
      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Only a little bit south!
        South jersey house prices aren't insane. They get crazy as you go further north. The house Ralph is looking at would probably be 300k or less down near me.

Comment

Yea NJ house prices are ridiculous up here. I guess its the proximity to NY and the good school systems, at least that explains our taxes.

Found this house in North Prince George VA yesterday. This would be 6 or 700k by me.

https://www.trulia.com/property/3193...eorge-VA-23875

Comment

In the western areas of Virginia, that would probably go for $300k.
            It's crazy how proximity to major cities (NYC and DC especially) makes prices go through the roof!

You're right about your area, though. The schools are good, the community is strong, the neighborhood is solid... a house in that area is definitely an investment. There's very little chance of property values dropping and neighborhoods declining in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              In the western areas of Virginia, that would probably go for $300k.
              It's crazy how proximity to major cities (NYC and DC especially) makes prices go through the roof!

You're right about your area, though. The schools are good, the community is strong, the neighborhood is solid... a house in that area is definitely an investment. There's very little chance of property values dropping and neighborhoods declining in that area.
              Tell me about it :-(

My townhome cost $460k in an area with decent schools and no crime and I'm still 30 miles from DC.

The property values in the area are mind-numbing.
              14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Tx

I just bought this house 2 years ago for 105k, crime in this area is low; i have screwed up and left the garage open over night multiple times and thank god nothing has come up missing.
                Last edited by Crankshaft; 01-30-2017, 05:19 PM.
                [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Good Buy!
                  MRT: http://www.cd5tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=5748

Comment

Working...
                  X