Someone should get this Rare Teal 93 SE coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone should get this Rare Teal 93 SE coupe

Found this locally in AZ w/ only 158k. Body looks immaculate. It's even got the gold trim package on it.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/6080157099.html

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

I was about to say I'd feel bad modifying something that nice, but then it says the paint's new.

$1200 for axles, though. Sheesh, I'm glad I can do my own work!

*ED. - and now that I'm at home and looking at it on a proper screen, the paint finish isn't even that great. It could use a good wet sanding.
    Last edited by CyborgGT; 04-29-2017, 12:18 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

$2800 for a car the seller has owned for a year, with $2500+ worth of repairs and a new paint job... Seems odd. It does look fantastic, though. Being from the land of rust, that straight rust-free body is extremely appealing!
      Seat covers = trashed leather (most likely).

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        $2800 for a car the seller has owned for a year, with $2500+ worth of repairs and a new paint job... Seems odd. It does look fantastic, though. Being from the land of rust, that straight rust-free body is extremely appealing!
        Seat covers = trashed leather (most likely).
        You can see in one of the photos the front seats that the leather is toast.

I had never heard of the tire brand before, but apparently they're a Central European affiliate of Continental with the slogan "good tyres, good deal". That's a bit terrifying.

That being said $2,800 is cheap money for no rust. I was at probably $3,000 for my rust repair back in 2004. It's a good purchase for a CB enthusiast.

Comment

No rust isn't really a big deal in AZ, though. In exchange, they have fried paint, baked leather, and cracked dashboards. I wonder what the paint looked like before the respray. Probably awful.

I'm curious about the tires now. I'd assume that if they're affiliated with Continental that they can't be THAT bad!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            No rust isn't really a big deal in AZ, though. In exchange, they have fried paint, baked leather, and cracked dashboards. I wonder what the paint looked like before the respray. Probably awful.

I'm curious about the tires now. I'd assume that if they're affiliated with Continental that they can't be THAT bad!
            True. Although someone in the Northeast with one with a good interior buys that car...perfect 93 SE.

Maybe I"m getting older, but $2,800 is almost at the "why not" price.

Comment

Agreed. I usually browse for toys at $2,500.

Comment

I think as ANY car ages the value increases by the rarity, condition and desirability. Not necessarily to everyone in the marketplace but to you as an individual. If you really like something, can afford it and just plain want it... you can justify almost anything.

I always think back about my days as an engineer when we could always present "conclusive findings" with any given data. But how true are the findings? The joke is if you have enough data you can always skew it to support your conclusions. We all do it, if I buy this car I can get rid of X and save money. Or this car has the features I really need so if I get it I won't drive my other car as much...

I've seen this car prior to this post and after going through my personal restoration projects I know it wouldn't make me happy since it does need considerable work and money. The paint improves it superficially but even the photos show me it is not of a superior quality that would satisfy me. I think this comes from knowing what you are looking at and experience.

But... not everyone's standards may be as high and to someone with limited financial resources and mechanical aptitude looking to move up from their current ride... this could be a good deal.

LOL that's why there are spouses and significant others to either stifle or encourage bad behavior...
                My Collection:
                93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
                00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
                04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Working...
                X