Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7 Haters

http://www.theclever.com/loser-alert...ike-success/8/

I laughed when I saw it. That's the general publics opinion on our cars, but I don't care.
    I'm faster then a prius

I make just shy of twenty bucks an hour and boss people around for a living. What a loser...

It's called being economically intelligent. If the author had much sense they would've read the paragraph after they wrote it and immediately held the backspace key.

I don't think "being a winner" as opposed to being a loser is inclusive to wasteful spending. Read the article. The author states several good reasons why someone would want to own an early 90's Accord yet they still didn't get it. Sorry but my idea of success does not coincide what so ever with author Humphrey Bwayo's. It doesn't matter what anyone looks like. Looks are just a front. If your into stereotyping and that's your thing then that may work for you and I'm glad if it does. But for those of us going through life with our mouths shut and out eyes open, we know that something as minor as what one's chosen method of transportation is doesn't at all in any way reflect their level of success or lack there of. Stupid article. Not even a good idea or topic of discussion. Humphrey Bwayo probably won't make it very far as a journalist. Just sayin'.

I apologize for the mini-rant. I don't do that enough anymore and here and now seemed like a prime opportunity.

Thanks for sharing GTRON.

Comment

Hey, its a valid rant. I though it was kind of weird that they picked a CB7 when there's a ton if worse looking cars on the road these days. All of these crazy ugly 2000 GM cars driving around, I think CB7s look way better than those. Even that Subaru wasn't that bad compared to chevy Cavaliers

I saw that post on facebook, and I was like, I wonder if my car's in there.
      People are like, man you need to save for a new car. I'm like: Nah, I'm saving for a turbo
      I'm faster then a prius

Comment

"news" ....

"one person's opinion..."

Anyone ever notice how The enquirer magazine still exists. Buddy has no idea what he's talking about.

Edit: I have never met a cb7 hater though. Never.

Comment

^^^ So true.

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
          Hey, its a valid rant. I though it was kind of weird that they picked a CB7 when there's a ton if worse looking cars on the road these days. All of these crazy ugly 2000 GM cars driving around, I think CB7s look way better than those. Even that Subaru wasn't that bad compared to chevy Cavaliers

I saw that post on facebook, and I was like, I wonder if my car's in there.
          People are like, man you need to save for a new car. I'm like: Nah, I'm saving for a turbo
          Ever notice how people tend to make suggestions as to what they think you should do and how simply put their explanations tend to be? Wouldn't it be grand if they could apply their own advice to their lives so maybe they wouldn't be in the situations they complain to you about?

People act like they have the solutions to everyone's problems but their own. How inconvenient that must be!

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
            "news" ....

"one person's opinion..."

Anyone ever notice how The enquirer magazine still exists. Buddy has no idea what he's talking about.

Edit: I have never met a cb7 hater though. Never.
            Never. Even in the YouTube comment section where hate is bred.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

1) It's not a woman that wrote that article, therefore the opinion on image means nothing to me .

2) That site in general looks immaturely written. I see an article on the sidebar titled, "15 Reasons Dubai is Corrupt AF." AF? People need to live a life outside of Facebook.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

What a baffling list.

The list is split between cars we don't get in the US, and vehicles that probably aren't sold in large numbers, if at all, outside the US. Thus, it's not an applicable list for those living in the US, and not applicable for those outside.

Originally posted by Ridiculous Article
                If you ask anyone, the 1990’s Honda Accord definitely scores high marks for the mere fact that it’s a perfect “get me to work and please don’t die” car. The cost of this car is next to nothing, and its parts last pretty darn long. This is the reason you will still see them on the streets decades after they left the lot. These cars are so good at what they do, they rank top in the most stolen vehicles in America. Here comes the catch; when it comes to making you look successful, the score is a perfect round zero. This car was made for practical purposes, and that is exactly what you will look like. A practical person. Nothing more. We get it, these cars last a long time. Do yourself a favor and get a new ride already.
                People who judge someone's success based upon the car they drive is new money at best...and new money has little to no class. There's a reason old money doesn't drive flashy cars.

Sure, a battered 20 year old Honda doesn't scream out to me anything good, especially if it's your typical Honda without matching body panels, but if I see a well maintained older car, I respect it.

Although the last line about it being a practical car that lasts a long time is quite funny. That's the reason 95% of people buy the Accord, and why it has been considered the benchmark car for so long. You want a car that lasts forever, buy an Accord. Why wouldn't you buy that? Who thinks to themselves, I'm going to spend 25-30,000 on a car. I could buy a flashier Chrysler 200 and get 5 years before it's worth less than 20% of what it was worth new and will probably break apart, or a Honda that will run well and hold it's value.

Personally, condition speaks volumes more than make and model. Sure, the local Walmart is usually full of "people of Walmart", battered GM products and old minivans and it's easy to snap judge based upon that, but that's not to say every car like that fits the mold. If I came across a well maintained Celebrity Eurosport, I'd not point and laugh, I'd be impressed at the dedication of the owner to the vehicle.

But what do I know, I own the worst image poser car known to man.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                  What a baffling list.

The list is split between cars we don't get in the US, and vehicles that probably aren't sold in large numbers, if at all, outside the US. Thus, it's not an applicable list for those living in the US, and not applicable for those outside.

People who judge someone's success based upon the car they drive is new money at best...and new money has little to no class. There's a reason old money doesn't drive flashy cars.

Sure, a battered 20 year old Honda doesn't scream out to me anything good, especially if it's your typical Honda without matching body panels, but if I see a well maintained older car, I respect it.

Although the last line about it being a practical car that lasts a long time is quite funny. That's the reason 95% of people buy the Accord, and why it has been considered the benchmark car for so long. You want a car that lasts forever, buy an Accord. Why wouldn't you buy that? Who thinks to themselves, I'm going to spend 25-30,000 on a car. I could buy a flashier Chrysler 200 and get 5 years before it's worth less than 20% of what it was worth new and will probably break apart, or a Honda that will run well and hold it's value.

Personally, condition speaks volumes more than make and model. Sure, the local Walmart is usually full of "people of Walmart", battered GM products and old minivans and it's easy to snap judge based upon that, but that's not to say every car like that fits the mold. If I came across a well maintained Celebrity Eurosport, I'd not point and laugh, I'd be impressed at the dedication of the owner to the vehicle.

But what do I know, I own the worst image poser car known to man.

Hit the nail on the head.

My old boss drove a 95 Camry station wagon and she was worth several million. Her house was DOPE though and now she has a condo in Manhattan - no car needed lol

I learned really quickly not to judge a book by its cover.
                  14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

They also noted the Ford Edsel - if you have an Edsel now, you're either doing well for yourself or you cared enough about automotive history to buy/own one of the biggest flops. They're not cheap to buy now.
                    14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro View Post
                      They also noted the Ford Edsel - if you have an Edsel now, you're either doing well for yourself or you cared enough about automotive history to buy/own one of the biggest flops. They're not cheap to buy now.
                      Exactly. The Edsel is becoming a collector's item. Sure, it was an absolute failure when new, but now it's sought after.
                      The Vega and Pinto are also becoming desirable, despite being disliked in their day (we have a member here who has a Vega that he treasures more than his CB7, and he loves his CB7!)
                      The Aztek is becoming more popular, as it's the automotive equivalent to "retro irony" these days. It was never a terrible vehicle (the Buick Rendezvous that was closely related was very well received.)
                      Early Imprezas... the 1st gen 2.5RS is probably one of the most attractive Japanese cars made in the 90s, and its performance was admirable. Not to mention Subaru was making some pretty high quality cars in the 90s. The occasionally straddled the line between a standard brand and a premium brand at times (the 1st gen Legacy actually took aim at the 3 series, I believe.)
                      The Crown Vic is a staple. It's basic. It's simple. It's boaty, with ample luxury and performance potential (as long as you only want to go in a straight line.) It does what it was designed to do perfectly, and it did so for over 2 decades.
                      The Buick Regal was no slouch. The 97+ with the supercharged L67 was one hell of a sleeper.
                      The B13 Sentra was a fantastic car. Especially the SER, which I'd actually kinda like to own!
                      The Ford Escord ZX2 (of the generation pictured) wasn't bad at all. At 130hp and a curb weight at least on par with a Civic, it had plenty to offer.
                      The Geo Prizm was a Toyota Corolla. Damn near everything but the badges. Granted, Corollas of that era were boring as hell... but still, the author seems to be ignorant of the Toyota underpinnings!
                      The rest of the cars, being non-US cars, or genuine junk... fine. Of course, who bought an H2 and didn't get exactly what they expected? Idiots. Idiots bought the H2 and expected something more than an unrefined, inefficient, uncomfortable monstrosity based on a military transport vehicle.

I genuinely think this list was compiled by a quick Google search of "unpopular cars" and cars that the author has seen on the road that have perhaps "overstayed their welcome" (as in, they've somehow managed to remain running, despite being older than the author himself... (maybe not... he seems to be in his early 30s, which actually makes the writing of such a lame clickbait ariticle pretty sad, especially considering he has a master's in this sort of shit... yes, I researched... because that's what I do.)

Comment

Click bait pure & simple...

The individual has a reasonable amount of automotive knowledge (data) puts it out there in a biased manner to be controversial (skewed findings) and presents his conclusions (click bait) to attract hits to his site to gain Google search results & ad dollars.

Numerous sites are run by or hire individuals like this to deliberately elicit these responses. It's very clever when you think about it. Just enough fact to be true but vitrolic enough to incite emotional conflict. The Fox News business model.

People read, comment, and link to it = $$$

Move along there's nothing to see here... in the end it's manufactured & meaningless...
                        My Collection:
                        93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
                        00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
                        04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Originally posted by hiptech View Post
                          Click bait pure & simple...

The individual has a reasonable amount of automotive knowledge (data) puts it out there in a biased manner to be controversial (skewed findings) and presents his conclusions (click bait) to attract hits to his site to gain Google search results & ad dollars.

Numerous sites are run by or hire individuals like this to deliberately elicit these responses. It's very clever when you think about it. Just enough fact to be true but vitrolic enough to incite emotional conflict. The Fox News business model.

People read, comment, and link to it = $$$

Move along there's nothing to see here... in the end it's manufactured & meaningless...
                          Media at its best right there. It's all about money and views and you said it perfectly.
                          ~Nick~
                          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Absolutely.
                            It's a shame that people can make a career writing about things they know nothing about, because that lack of knowledge is what makes their articles more popular! Eventually, we'll all forget this article and that writer... until he churns out another piece of crap about cars and we all discuss it.

Comment

Smh, People like this. I know it's already been said by other members, but the car you own DOES NOT necessarily reflect how successful you are. I know a few people who are constantly ripping on my 93 coupe for being "Old and belongs in the junkyard" and a "Poor people car" "couldnt buy a ford cause all u could afford is a honder accord"

I know a prick who sent one of my cars to the auto-graveyard because "it cant attract any girls"

Betty and Betzi died for our sins

Comment

Working...
                              X