Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EGR Ports using Pipe Plug Replacement Sizes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok i got it. One plugged up that is.It was getting dark. The 5 others should take no time now. The thing i learned that one must remember is with npt, it screws in tight. For 1/4"-18npt(about 1/2" sae) it is around 3 turns or so and should be finger tight then another turn or two. 8 to 10 ft lbs of torque. Don't over-tighten with npt and don't use teflon. I'm not sure if i prefer npt or not but who cares. As long as its air tight and easy to remove. Not too easy though. So it may be perfect in some ways. Part of the bolt sticking out annoys me though,lol.
    Last edited by zedjr10; 05-14-2017, 01:59 AM.

Comment

The first plug went in great and tightened as expected. The next 5 did not. Was already tight on first turn. I am wondering what i did differently but who cares if it seals right. Right. This tap and plug are npt(1/4-18npt) and now i do wish i would of used nc or nf. Will know once i get everything put back together and start engine.

Comment

all perfecto. Used npt and 5 of the taps were a little crooked possibly. Still sealed good as i hear no hiss from engine and car drives better for sure(after cleaning egr passages and egr valve). The plugs only screwed down a few threads which is annoying a bit but it perfectly simulates the stock brass plugs. Now i will see if there is a mileage improvement once i change plugs and add some seafoam.

Comment

Working...
        X