Wise Words From Wise People Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uslspct View Post
    That's interesting because I immediately thought being in harmony doesn't necessarily mean a positive thing. What came to mind is the France attacks. They probably thought, said, and did what they believed in and look at what happened. It was hell for everyone else around them.
    I have not been watching the news lately. Sorry about my ignorance of the subject.

However, who said what also has an impact on how it can be interpreted. I cannot see true harmony in murdering and I don't believe Gandhi would either. Although I can think of a group of in particular that can...

I guess you mean harmony is a perspective in a sense... Or maybe I don't understand where your coming from. Again, I apologize for my lack of understanding of your comment.

Comment

I'm sure you know what I was talking about now. Yes, it's all perspective. Happiness for a serial killer who loves what they do, isn't that great for the rest of us. There are people who believe and want to act on what they feel is their destiny, but their thoughts, words, and actions may be disagreeable to others. For that one person, though, it may be happiness.
      Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
      -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
      MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

You take a rather different standpoint on it but you are correct as can be.

As for the instance given, like the France attacks... there is a lot of info there. Had I not been working so much lately I would know more. But I'm glad you made me start digging into the situation. Quite the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
          "No." - Rosa Parks
          Subtle. Powerful
          14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

"Death does not concerns us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist." -Epicurus

"What I look forward to is continued immaturity followed by death." -Dave Barry

MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

“Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.” - Ellen Goodman

Comment

MRS. CLACK: How could you have sent HER? She's blind.
                EDWARD: She's more capable than most in this village...and she is led by love. The world moves for love. It kneels before it in awe.

-from The Village movie

And did you get what you wanted from this life, even so?
                I did.
                And what did you want?
                To call myself beloved, to feel myself beloved on the earth.

-Raymond Carver

MY RIDE

Comment

"Every day we have plenty of opportunities to get angry, stressed or offended. But what you're doing when you indulge these negative emotions is giving something outside yourself power over your happiness. You can choose to not let little things upset you."
                  -Joel Osteen

Comment

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian, just like being in a garage doesn't make you a car.

02 Crv
                    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

"In calm water every ship has a good captain."

-European Proverb

MY RIDE

Comment

"I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted."

-W.C. Fields

MY RIDE

Comment

"There are more old drunks than there are old doctors." -Willie Nelson

Comment

Before you embark on a journey of revenge dig two graves.
                            Originally posted by cb7dazz
                            And you're english is much better than some people on this board and it's their primary language.
                            Originally posted by Jarrett
                            ...for example

Comment

A man with no asshole is full of shit.

Comment

"I think it is just terrible and disgusting how everyone has treated Lance Armstrong especially after what he achieved, winning 7 tour de france races while on drugs, when I was on drugs I couldn't even find my bike." -Willie Nelson

Comment

Working...
                                X