No announcement yet.

F22Chris : 1991 VW Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White. I want to shoot for the CTS-V Crystal Frost White look. Pretty much satin white.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
      White. I want to shoot for the CTS-V Crystal Frost White look. Pretty much satin white.
      Me want help. Me like paint fume.

When you do it, get the rollers that don't stick to the paint and pull it. You'll have to sand that shit soooooo much if you don't. I did that with the accords hood and I used the super flat ones from Lowes, and still got mad orange peel (which is normal for all paint). If you need help filling dents or anything lemmeknow.

Comment

Roof is done for the most part. Now just need to get that other hatch. Then I'll start on the ABA block.

I'm starting to get annoyed with how loud the engine is. The lifters tick so damn much till its warmed up. And the AC compressor makes this static/white noise sound unless the clutch is magnetized. That, and I swear it knocked like 3 times the other day.

There shall be pics. Of 2.0L forged internal goodness.

Comment

Got hit again......

Prius backed into me.

Last edited by F22Chris; 04-14-2016, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Found doors in Copperhill. Gonna get some stuff for my Rocco while I'm there.

Comment

Got damn Prius!!!!!!!!!
              Ugh....

Good thing you didn't spend $$$$ on a fresh repaint.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                Got damn Prius!!!!!!!!!
                Ugh....

Good thing you didn't spend $$$$ on a fresh repaint.
                Right? They come standard with backup cameras.... Sooo...

I agree. I can paint the new doors for $10 so it's not too shitty. I'm starting to get a complex! People of Atlanta, please get away from my cars.

Comment

Because rat.

Comment

I took my trip to Copperhill! Thanks to Brian M at Twin City VW! I got my doors for a seriously awesome price, and picked up some other small things.

I'm excited.

Comment

The good, the bad, and the bullshit.

So I got to wrenching today finally.

I got the head off, which was stupid easy. I was pleased that everything was going smoothly with no asshat fasteners.

Upon inspection - I find this..

This is what happens when a foreign object finds its way into your combustion chamber. I'm guessing a spark plug part fell in.

Here's a closer look.

It didn't damage the cylinder wall somehow.
                      I'm not bitching, haha.

Good news is I'm getting a piston, and no wall damage so I can still use stock size pistons. I didn't want to do a full rebuild, but whatever. It makes for a good thread I suppose.

Comment

Getting a stock piston for free from Twin City. So we're still in business

Comment

I love your golf!!!

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

Comment

Originally posted by markrutherford View Post
                            I love your golf!!!
                            Thanks!

Comment

More body work..

Filling lows and paint chips again... It'll be nice to have all my doors not dented for once.

I'm starting to get good at this.

The other door just needs paint. I was surprised how nice it was. It's atlas grey which is a shame to paint over, but whatever.

Comment

I'm thinking of stopping this thread, if you want to see progress go on VWVortex.

Comment

Working...
                                X