1992 JDM Honda of America Accord Japan Auction Purchase Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1992 JDM Honda of America Accord Japan Auction Purchase Review

Narrator seems quite excited about this even though he exports cars from Japan on a daily basis.

Euro CB7 2.2i [F22A3] --> [H22A7]

I keep forgetting they made a LHD CB for the Japanese market. I wonder why?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      I keep forgetting they made a LHD CB for the Japanese market. I wonder why?
      From what I've read over the years Honda had a separate specialty dealer that sold the luxury versions. I think it was called Honda Clio.

I've seen LHD sedans up for sale at auctions too.

That red interior would fetch a lot of $$ alone. A friend of mine in RI owns a RHD CB6 that he had manged to buy off some guy for about $1,900 if I remember right.
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

The red interior is hideous to me... but it intrigues me because we have nothing like that here. That, and the fact that it's in such great condition.

Comment

So if this is JDM-land...the 92 is the last year of the CB there, but it's set up as a (US) 90-91 model?

Did the "JDM" CB6 not come as a 92-93 version as we know it in the US?

Learn something new everyday, I guess.

Comment

Probably leftover 90-91 USDM stock. Couldn't sell them in the US after the facelift, so they sent them to Japan and sold them as premium models!

Comment

Technically 89 was the first year of the 4th gen in Japan while the US got it in the Spring or Fall of '90. I see a lot of Japanese manufacturers do that..they drop the new models towards the tail of the of year while the US gets them either in the Spring or mid-Summer of the following year.
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Japan does initial registration years and not model years, so it's likely that it was just sold in '92, though it was a leftover late '91 build car.

There are many chassis wiring differences in that car that would indicate that it's not a USDM or CDM car such as the passenger door lock, overhead map light and the H1/H4 headlight wiring, to name a few.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
                  Technically 89 was the first year of the 4th gen in Japan while the US got it in the Spring or Fall of '90. I see a lot of Japanese manufacturers do that..they drop the new models towards the tail of the of year while the US gets them either in the Spring or mid-Summer of the following year.
                  The STi was the same way. The first year of the Hawkeye STi was 2005 in Japan. They also had them listed by Versions, not by years.

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                  Japan does initial registration years and not model years, so it's likely that it was just sold in '92, though it was a leftover late '91 build car.

There are many chassis wiring differences in that car that would indicate that it's not a USDM or CDM car such as the passenger door lock, overhead map light and the H1/H4 headlight wiring, to name a few.
                  What's interesting is it uses the USDM front bumper and (appears to) use the USDM front fogs as well. I mean it makes sense that it's going to use the USDM parts since it was built in the US, but like you said, it's got a bunch of the non-US features.

I wouldn't want to be the worker assembling these cars with all the subtle differences.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post

I agree, also the flip-type cruise control actuator switch is not a direct swap, hence wiring is different there too.

Euro CB7 2.2i [F22A3] --> [H22A7]

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                      What's interesting is it uses the USDM front bumper and (appears to) use the USDM front fogs as well. I mean it makes sense that it's going to use the USDM parts since it was built in the US, but like you said, it's got a bunch of the non-US features.

I wouldn't want to be the worker assembling these cars with all the subtle differences.
                      Only the sedans had bumpers with the recessed license plate area that we refer to as "JDM bumpers". Their coupes and wagons had the same.bumlers that the rest of the world got.
                      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
                      X