Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1993 Honda Accord stalling problem plz help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 90JDMACCORDEX View Post
    Im Having The Same Problem With My Car. It Ran Fine The Other Day And All Of A Sudden While Driving Down The Road The Motor Just Shut Off And Would Not Start Back Up. I Have Fuel To The Rail And I Have Spark. But It Just Wont Start. It Wants To Start But Wont. Today I Checked To See If The Timing Belt Broke And The Belt Is Fine. So What Could Be My Problem?
    Ignition switch harness.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

are you sure thats what it is? because again i went outside to start it and it started for a second and then shut off

Comment

Originally posted by 90JDMACCORDEX View Post
        are you sure thats what it is? because again i went outside to start it and it started for a second and then shut off
        Do the dash lights go out when it shuts off?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

no everything stayed on. the engine just shut off

Comment

I like the ignition switch on this one... turn the key to start, car cranks, but will not fire, or if it does, it will die immediately... but if you carefully bring the key back, don't let it spring back on its own, hold it as it comes back from start, and the car stays lit, you have a bad ignition switch. My wife's cb7 with a mere 43,000 miles, did it to me 3 months ago. I held the key in the right position and made it home. Swapped the switch (the electrical portion) and problem solved. I highly recommend you buy the Honda switch... more money but much better than aftermarket. This is a common problem with many Honda cars. My 91 DA did the same thing, and when I used to sell Honda parts we went through a lot of them. As a general rule, on Honda vehicles and electrically speaking, ignition switches, main relay(same as a PGM-FI relay) and igniters will leave you stranded.
            Good luck
            1991 Accord Ex Black/Tan... bone stock 45,000 miles

Comment

im thinking its the ignition switch because the car started fine and then all of a sudden when i went to drive it i went 3 miles and it drove fine then all of a sudden it shut off and wouldnt start back up

Comment

Originally posted by JunyAccord View Post
                My distributor was leaking when it my car used to stall. I replaced that along with the Idle air control valve. Ran fine for a little while.

Recently i noticed bogging, and when i pulled my spark plug wires off there was oil in the tubes. So now i have to change the valve cover gasket, upper and lower rings, and the spark plugs. Check all those i mentioned.
                Ya... mine was the distributor. i must have had a short in it cause it crapped out at totally random times. My mechanic had no idea what was wrong though.

Comment

Working...
                X