Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f23a swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The F22A1 ECU (PT3) wouldn't even have a fuel map for the VTEC lobes. When you switch to VTEC using the wrong non-VTEC ECU, if the crossover even happens, you're probably running the risk of running dangerously lean.

Comment

yes it runs a little lean all the time. thank you all for all the advice. I will look for the conversion harness. should i use the ecu that came with that motor? its obd2 btw. so not sure how that would work. what conversion are you refering to.

also I do not have vtec on a switch. i poped it with a power probe while riding down the road. it made no power. but no surprise there. as soon as i get this thing running properly it will get 8 pouds of boost.....untill automatic pukes the clutches/ then we get the 5 speed.

Comment

Originally posted by remove_bulb93 View Post
        yes it runs a little lean all the time. thank you all for all the advice. I will look for the conversion harness. should i use the ecu that came with that motor? its obd2 btw. so not sure how that would work. what conversion are you refering to.

also I do not have vtec on a switch. i poped it with a power probe while riding down the road. it made no power. but no surprise there. as soon as i get this thing running properly it will get 8 pouds of boost.....untill automatic pukes the clutches/ then we get the 5 speed.
        lean or rich? can you smell gas? my guess is your running rich because the lobes on the f23 cam are not as aggressive so your not moving as much air. and they make a conversion harness to convert from obd1 to obd2a. there a little more expensive than the obd2a to obd1 harnesses but they are out there you just have to look a little harder for them. YES you should use the ecu that goes with that motor because it will be programmed specifically for that motor
        Last edited by Miho1269; 11-23-2012, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Or there's always the option of getting a chipped P28 and having it tuned.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
            Or there's always the option of getting a chipped P28 and having it tuned.
            Think i mentioned this before... best option in my opinion.

02 Crv
            02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
            92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
            Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

i like the way of just puting in a wide band and wiring up a apex air flow controller and just doing that way... any comments? i did that with a few other cars... eclipse. galant.... f150 super charger.... also a 91 prelude it all worked great. also no check engine lights..?

i willbe running boost in a few months so it sounds like a wise choice to me
              Last edited by remove_bulb93; 11-24-2012, 07:29 PM.

Comment

That's actually a terribly inaccurate way of tuning, especially for turbo... but do as you will. It's your car. Just please... don't pass yourself off as an expert to others. I don't mind if you blow up your own car, but if you give bad advice to others, there may be a problem.

Comment

o ok then. well id like to do this correctly.... whats the going route when boosting? how do you all tune the oversized injecters?

Comment

With a tuning program like Crome, Neptune or Hondata on a chipped ECU. Your wiring job is going to have to be redone in order for things to work properly.
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
                    X