Car was stolen last night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car was stolen last night...

Lola was stolen last night. Sometime after midnight. GF got home at 11:50 and it was still here. Gone as of 9 am this morning. Not really sure what else to say right now. I don't even know how to explain this to my little guy. This morning I told him we were going to work on her today. Went outside to go to Honda to order some parts and she was gone.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

That's

Hope you get it back with minimal damage. Sorry man, I hope it gets sorted..

Comment

Shit dude...trust me I know the feeling.

Call up some places and see if they have security cameras that face the street. Maybe you can get an idea of where she went.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I've been thinking about it. But unless they went onto the main street that we live by. There are no cameras anywhere around. We've asked the few businesses across the street. None of them have security cameras. It was facing into the residential area of town. If they drove it the way it's facing there is no hope to even have a clue of where it went. Someone else in town heavily into custom cars told me it's most likely already out in Spokane... which means getting stripped. I just feel overly defeated for the day I've spent 3/4 of the day doing something related to this talking to cops, spreading the word, driving around, checking out the russians in town. Asked all the tow places in town if they towed it last night. The previous owner had a lien on it still so maybe they wanted it repo'ed for something. Drove around for a few hours looking in various places in town. Asking the neighbors and the businesses if they had seen anything/had cameras. No luck so far. I know of no one that had any interest in my car. I've only showed it to a few close friends and well the forums here.
        Last edited by Rilas; 08-27-2016, 07:49 PM.
        MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

That's awful. I can't even imagine what that feels like

Comment

Wow. I'm so sorry man that really sucks. Hopefully you'll find her.
            Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

This is heart breaking. Thieves are among the lowest scum of the earth. Sorry about your loss will. I hope she is found safe and sound. Keep you eye on Craigslist
              ~Nick~
              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Man, that sucks! It was bad enough having my car destroyed by some idiot... but I think stolen is worse. There's even more feeling of violation when something is taken. Hopefully it was just some joyrider that took it, ditched it, and didn't hurt it too badly. Even a well-modified CB7 doesn't have a ton of value from a partout... especially when people are on the lookout for those parts. I don't know why these cars are getting stolen. It seems like they're being stolen more frequently now than ever before! Your car, cp[mike]'s car, sonikaccord, awww_shiet's car...

Comment

They are quickly stolen because people know their worth. these cars may not look it but in the long run they hold a significant kind of value. I think it was either an inside job or someone you know who works at a shop. Was your car decked out or souped up?

Comment

Hope you get your car back man!

Even in Canada where these things don't last long an experienced honda shop found a rare one owned by a lady who stored it. Was a 92 exr with 60,000km or some low number for Canada. Guys broke into the shop and stole that one car amoungst other parts, cars, etc. I seen the car a week before, I told them to call me if they wanted to sell it. Never seen the car again. It would be the only 92 green exr with that many low km in the province. Wouldn't be worth stealing unless you could drive it far away from here.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                      They are quickly stolen because people know their worth. these cars may not look it but in the long run they hold a significant kind of value. I think it was either an inside job or someone you know who works at a shop. Was your car decked out or souped up?
                      They're valuable because they're reliable as daily drivers... but a stolen one isn't a good candidate for that. You can't sell it, and you can't legally register it. Unless you steal a good one, swap out the dash VIN plate with one from a junker, and hope nobody looks any further.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        They're valuable because they're reliable as daily drivers... but a stolen one isn't a good candidate for that. You can't sell it, and you can't legally register it. Unless you steal a good one, swap out the dash VIN plate with one from a junker, and hope nobody looks any further.
                        Really eh. So the person who stole it knows the owner or owns a similar car. Could be a friend of a friend but still I can't see a chop shop wanting these family sedans.

Comment

It depends on what someone's after a free drivetrain is cheaper than working for it. Until they get caught!

02 Crv
                          02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                          92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                          Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                            It depends on what someone's after a free drivetrain is cheaper than working for it. Until they get caught!
                            I agree with this one. A few quick, easy dollars is what most thieves are after anyway.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Aside from joyriders, the most likely thieves are definitely the ones that could use the parts themselves... or the ones that are stupid enough to think they could sell the parts and not get caught. I mean, you steal a car with a set of Volks, and unload them on your cousin's friend from out of state for $300... that's an easy $300 in pocket. Wheels are worth much more, but it's a quick sale, and your hands are then clean.

The cars themselves are worth little, unless someone wants to chop it and sell everything on ebay. That could add up, but it's a LOT of work. You'd need a connection to be able to ditch the shell, too. A shell without a VIN would draw attention, and would often be rejected by any scrapyard owner with a conscience (or a fear of the law... technically, they'd be accepting stolen property if caught, and that's a crime.)

Hopefully this is all theoretical, and Rilas gets his car back more or less in one piece! awww_shiet got lucky that way. When he found his car, only a few things were missing. It wasn't a total loss.

Comment

Working...
                              X