Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those that know about "edibles", whats equivalent to a dose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those that know about "edibles", whats equivalent to a dose?

A friend of mine gave me a brownie. On the package it says a dose contains 470mg of cannabis flower. I know there are many variables, but if you had to estimate an average, what would that equate to?

I hear eating is far more effective as well, correct?

Correct. The body metabolizes THC much more effectively and completely when ingested rather than smoked. Smoking will get you stoned quicker but eating it will get you ripped for much longer and the experience will be more intense...depending on dose.

The last brownie i had was about the same dosage as yours. Two bites and i was toasted all day.

I'd say take a bite (1 dose) and wait for the effects to roll over you (an hour or more depending on body mass), then take another bite if it's not "enough" for you.

But be careful, if you eat too much you might get sick. i had a buddy eat a whole medical brownie and ended up hating life till the next day.

In my opinion, ingesting THC is the best way. The way it was intended by nature. But because you don't exhale any of it, the dosing will be smaller. Keep that in mind.

Good Luck and have fun!
    Last edited by islandhopper; 01-28-2012, 09:22 PM.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post
      i had a buddy eat a whole medical brownie and ended up hating life till the next day.
      That had to suck!

Ive gotten sick before. Probably one of the reasons I quit doing it, lol.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

A friend of mine made the mistake of eating far too much when she didn't feel the effects right away. She was NOT happy.

I'm assuming this is an actual medicinal package? I've never heard of such things in labeled packages before!

But yes, THC does take longer to take effect in the body when ingested, but as said, you get the entire dose. It's also the safest way of doing it, as there are little to no negative physical side effects (the effects on memory are more closely associated with excessive use, not occasional use... and even then, findings are rather inconclusive.)

Comment

If I take it, its not to get high. Ever since I went back to work after having my son, I get irritable and depressed randomly. Im already mentally finished with my job and now I miss my family extremely. If I did take a bite, it would be to just take the edge off of being at work all night instead of where I would like to be.

The feeling I'd be going for is just a slight prolonged buzz. kind of like a nice clean beer buzz that lasts my entire shift.

I was considering take a 1/2 dose, but that might even be too much. I havent smoked/ingested in any form in over 15 years.

btw, here is what I have.

Comment

So that one brownie will last 8 days if half a dose does the trick for you.

THC is a depressant, though, much like alcohol. It will cloud your mind and relax you a bit, but it may intensify the feelings of depression, if that's what you're going through. Be very careful.

Comment

Mmm brownies, I ate 2 or 3 last time me and my buddy made them and i was on my ass! Hahah I'd pace myself next time like they're saying^^

Making me hungry tho! :P

8 Accords so far:
              '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
              '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
              (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                So that one brownie will last 8 days if half a dose does the trick for you.

THC is a depressant, though, much like alcohol. It will cloud your mind and relax you a bit, but it may intensify the feelings of depression, if that's what you're going through. Be very careful.
                thanks for that. I dont know what I want to do. Ill probably just take a 16th of it(half of a half of one dose). If I feel nothing, than fine. If I feel a little something, then I just turned this one brownie into 16 servings.

Honestly, I never sought after it before, but I had a bottle leftover of Vicodin from a dentist appt. I would take one of those on some days when I had those extreme moments of "I don't wanna fuckin be here"... and it would help take off that top layer of emotion(whatever it may have been in that moment), and helped me calm down. A month ago, when I went back to work, I was in the middle of the frozen isle and took my phone out of my pocket to change songs. My lockscreen had a pic of my son, and I almost started crying.

I know a lot of people hate their job, so what Im going through isnt anything special. Ive just been doing it for over 10 years, Ive been sick of it and I have a new addition to my family. The only reason I keep my head down and work, is for my family.

In the end, Im just looking for something to help the night pass. If I can actually feel a 16th, Id be the cheapest date ever.

Comment

If you can actually feel the 1/16th, you'll get used to it eventually. If you continue to do it, that much probably won't be enough anymore. That's often how it is with using a substance to deal with emotional distress.

The best thing to do is find a way to change the situation. I know in this economy, finding a new job may not be an option. Jobs are hard to come by, and you have a family to care for. Still, perhaps you can find a way to arrange family time around the job, so that you get to spend more fulfilling time with them.

Another option is therapy. Talking to a counselor helps (I always suggest counseling before medication... I'm not at all a proponent of medication unless absolutely necessary.) Most health insurance plans will cover mental health issues, and believe it or not, a good counselor can help a great deal.

I'm not saying don't eat the brownie... but the underlying reasons for you wanting to do so are serious enough that you'd benefit much more from confronting them than ignoring or running from them. It'd be better if you were just looking to get high for fun!

I don't know how you feel exactly, as I'm not you, and I've never been in your exact situation. However, I've had my own demons to deal with, and I continue to deal with them, and I know how dark and hopeless things can seem at times.

Comment

that would be a lot to quote, but you are right. I think thats why Im having such a difficult time doing it. The more I think about it and get it off my chest, eventhough its in forum form, not on a shrinks couch, it helps to get it out.

Now Im actually thinking about doing it, but with the thought of, "fuck work, Im going in there buzzin'".

Comment

Just don't risk your job by doing it... that would make things 100x worse!

If you ever want to get things out, and don't want to do it publicly, feel free to PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        Just don't risk your job by doing it... that would make things 100x worse!

If you ever want to get things out, and don't want to do it publicly, feel free to PM me.
                        Thanks. Its funny how I havent met a lot of you, but just seeing the names over and over for years, it kinda feels like I know you guys.

And I wouldn't risk. I think for tonight, if I take anything itll just be the 16th. If I dont feel much, which is what I except, then I can take a 8th next time. Better not enough than too much when work is involved.

Comment

Yea im not much of a fan of going to work high lol

I would however take a bite after work tho if your feelin stressed and need to unwind

8 Accords so far:

Comment

Originally posted by Cb_JoeyG View Post
                            Yea im not much of a fan of going to work high lol

I would however take a bite after work tho if your feelin stressed and need to unwind
                            maybe Ill do that instead. It says that it could take 2hrs for full affect. Ill take a late lunch and have a little "dessert". That way Ill end my night on a high note.(pun unintentionally intended)

Comment

I like your style!

8 Accords so far:

Comment

Working...
                              X