Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This last month has been a busy one! Check it out. (big pics.. you have been warned.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This last month has been a busy one! Check it out. (big pics.. you have been warned.)

TONS of great stuff happened to me in the last month. I haven't had the time to really post about it, but I should probably share! Let me know if the pics don't work for you. I'm stealing them from Facebook.

First, and most importantly, I got married.

We got hitched at the library in the German Society of Philadelphia. Beautiful location.

Then we celebrated at Brauhaus Schmitz in Philadelphia (a TERRIBLE place for such an event, we learned... but I love the food, and the beer comes in liters!)

Then we went to Ireland for 2 weeks (my first time ever out of the country!)

The awesome library at Trinity College (yes, this was the inspiration for scenes from Harry Potter.)

^This is the outside seating area at Kennedy's in Dingle. The best little pub ever. Definitely going back there!

We got to play with birds.

Finally, I got my Miata. Bought it last night. Picking it up today.
    This picture will probably go away soon, since I got it from the Craigslist ad. I'll post one of my own to replace it soon enough.
    I made a Members Ride thread for it in the OA section: HERE

Congrats on finally picking up a roadster! Looks clean. And good luck with marriage. I can't honestly say I believe in it, but I do sincerely hope it works out well for you two.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

That's awesome mate!

The car looks awesome, the pictures are great too.

I wish you and your bride the best!
      sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Thanks, Lachlan!

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
        Congrats on finally picking up a roadster! Looks clean. And good luck with marriage. I can't honestly say I believe in it, but I do sincerely hope it works out well for you two.
        Thank you, sir!
        We're both on our second, so we know how it can go. Honestly, though... I can't imagine this ever going south. We simply get each other, and we appreciate each other. This October will mark 3 years together, and there hasn't been a single moment of childish nonsense, thoughtlessness, or selfishness between us. Anything even close to being an argument has always been resolved in a mature discussion in a matter of minutes.
        I honestly believe I found the right woman for me... and I feel that I have to constantly work to be the right man for her!

I definitely found the right Miata, too. It was in perfect condition, but took a hit to the driver's side front. Minor, cosmetic damage only... but the driver's side front fender has been replaced and spraypainted, and the bumper has a crack. Easy enough to fix and repaint, but the owner decided that the value of the car was significantly decreased (unlike all the idiots that think their rusted out pieces of crap are worth a fortune!) I almost feel bad about how little I paid for this car, given its condition, and the care the seller put into maintaining and upgrading it. I lucked out, for sure! I think the seller is satisfied that the car is going to someone that will really appreciate and care for it as well. He can rest assured that it won't be stanced and beat on! It might see some autocross or track days... but that's it.

Here's the damaged side. It's noticeable, but not glaringly so. I'll be fine with it as-is for a while. Eventually, I'll get it fixed and painted.

Comment

Congrats on both the wedding and on finding a great looking Miata. Is the CTS-V still going to be the daily or will the Miata take over that duty?
          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
            Congrats on both the wedding and on finding a great looking Miata. Is the CTS-V still going to be the daily or will the Miata take over that duty?
            Thanks!
            They'll probably share daily driver duty. The CTS-V needs a bit of work (rear axle, diff bushing, brakes and tires...) so it may go down for a bit while I drive the Miata. As far as I can tell, the Miata needs absolutely nothing! It has good summer tires on it, though... so I won't be driving it in the winter. The CTS-V might actually end up being the winter car! It's less prone to rust, and a much safer car. The new tires for that will be good Sumitomo all-seasons, so it'll make more sense in bad weather.

Comment

Congrats, sir!

By the way, how were you able to get Colonel Sanders to attend your wedding?

Comment

Onkel Heinz is the only mofo I know that can pull off a white suit! He wore a blue shirt under it... normally, it's bright orange or bright pink. The man has a brave sense of style!
                He also drives an 1986 Porsche 911 and a 2016 S550. I mentioned CB7tuner to him, and he said "there's only one REAL car club... that's the Porsche club." I'm going to have to have a talk with that man...

Comment

The Porsche Club of America has a really nice magazine going. We need to get on that

Accord Aero-R

Comment

It's beautiful!!!! The wedding and the car. Super congrats to you sir!

About this car club thing...CB7CCA

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

congrats on both endeavors deeve
                      <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Looks like I checked in at the right moment!!

A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you and the lucky girl!!

From what I have read so far, you are both exceptionally compatible and make each other happy. So I do wish you both the very best of times in the future.

My meta human senses were tingling and thought I would check in after all these months of not doing so, then voila there it was the reason for my senses tingling

Genuinely happy you bounced back and doing well and better than before!!
                        Rides:

Accord
                        92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                        96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
                        88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
                        92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
                        95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
                        92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
                        91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
                        91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
                        91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                        91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Now you have garnered the courage to try out a 2 seater car (the impracticable car segment "sarcasm") try out the Delsol when you can.

There is an even higher stigma to overcome with that car (even from Honda owners) but it is extremely enjoyable from the practical point of view (more storage space, boot space, security, roof durability etc) and mod possibilities (B,H even K series engines) powering you and giving you joy well past the 2020's.

If you are game and courageous enough!!

But seriously take it from me I have been driving it for well over 10 years! Once you appreciate the Delsol for what it is and not get caught up with peer pressure, other people's opinions etc it is an outstandingly good car and extremely fun without looking you have a need to compensate.

Good condition Delsol's are now getting hard to come by but give what you find the chance to shine (by giving it the repairs and maintenance it needed) and the Honda reliability, durability and driving pleasure will shine.

Only in the USA is it called Delslow... In Australia all were called CRX and ALL carried the B16 engines and in it's day they were seen as formidable pocket rockets from the land where S14, S15, R32, R33, GTR's, Soarers were it's racing stable mates with many worked and/or turbo charged.

Give what you find the chance to shine (by giving it the repairs and maintenance it needed) and the Honda reliability, durability and driving pleasure will shine.
                          Last edited by JDMDriver; 06-11-2016, 01:27 AM.
                          Rides:

Accord
                          92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                          96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
                          88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
                          92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
                          95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
                          92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
                          91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
                          91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
                          91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                          91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Thanks!

In the US, the Del Sol was still pretty well received. It was on the cover of one magazine with the headline "Honda's quickest car ever?" back when it was new. They're getting tough to find now, and even tougher to find in good condition. They rust like crazy where I live!
                            I'd probably have considered one more seriously if it wasn't FWD. Having driven my CB7 and Fit for so long, I'm tired of FWD. It's time for something that spins the other wheels!

Also, I'm a firm believer in the fun to be had in driving slow cars fast. I have a fast car... a 400+hp 2006 CTS-V. A monster of a vehicle, in every way imaginable. Twice the weight of the Miata, four times the power, half the fuel economy. I love it, but it is everything that the Miata is not... and the Miata is everything that the Cadillac is not. It's a perfect balance, IMO!

My wife also has a brand new CR-Z that we picked up after my CB7 and her beloved Mini Cooper S were destroyed by a moron (plowed into the two cars as they sat parked in front of our house.) Another fun little car that is frequently overlooked!

Comment

Another Australian?
                              Last edited by lbus9168; 06-12-2016, 01:33 PM.
                              sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Working...
                              X